Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 18:18   #14386
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Official non-auto Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its 70-200 itself, I dont mind someone gifting me a 85mm
Gift? The 85mm prime lens is such a gem they won't even sell it. Try convincing Santa for a Christmas 2012 gift. You have enough time to smooth talk him.

Cheers!
Old 21st May 2012, 19:19   #14387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
My First digital camera HP215 bought in the year 2000.
How times change. My 1st digital was the Sony DSC-S85 4MP digital camera that I purchased in 2001 whilst in the US. It came with a 4 MB memory stick and cost me US$900 + another US$ 100, IIRC, for a 16MB MS. I still have the camera (call it digital junk) as it takes very nice photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Couple of shots from my side:
The 1st photo is nice. The 2nd one is nice but a bit soft. What settings did you use? Can you share the EXIF data?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-sony-dscs85.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-sony-dscs85-back.jpg  

Old 21st May 2012, 19:29   #14388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
The 1st photo is nice. The 2nd one is nice but a bit soft. What settings did you use? Can you share the EXIF data?

Cheers!
Its a cropped photo taken at 250mm. Folloing are the details:

FL: 250mm
Aperture: f5.6
Shutter: 1/2500 sec
ISO: 400

I guess, I should have taken the pic st f8. Could have managed it at around 1/800. Any inputs to improve ?
Old 21st May 2012, 19:39   #14389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Try convincing Santa for a Christmas 2012 gift. You have enough time to smooth talk him....
Will try that sirji, hope I am lucky by year end

Here is another version of my previous post.
The Official non-auto Image thread-rahtbp.jpg
Old 21st May 2012, 19:45   #14390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Will try that sirji, hope I am lucky by year end
I hope your wish comes true mate.

BTW who's the model (not asking for the name) is he your relative or friend? He reminds me of a younger and desi version of the famous American actor Will Smith.

Cheers!
Old 21st May 2012, 20:02   #14391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....who's the model (not asking for the name) is he your relative or friend? He reminds me of a younger and desi version of the famous American actor Will Smith.....
He is a good friend (plus one age), who wants to get into modeling. I will pass the word to him, he will be very happy
Old 21st May 2012, 22:11   #14392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I guess, I should have taken the pic st f8. Could have managed it at around 1/800. Any inputs to improve ?
1/2500th?! Wow!! Is that a typo? I cant think of using shutter speeds like this with ISO 400 for a bird perched on an object.

Anyways, as far as the crop is concerned - is it from the centre of the frame or somewhere off centre? It makes a difference. The aperture is ok - you can stop down to F8 for better DOF. What lens is this? I am sorry, I aint too familiar with Canon gear.
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:16   #14393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car - This was also posted in the Auto Images thread.

Nikon D800, Nikkor 50mm 1.4G, AWB on a cloudy day, F/5.6, 1/125th, ISO 100

Cheers!

Dont you think with this fantastic superb camera you could have taken pic at say f1.8 or 2.8 to get nice creamy bokeh. Photo doesnt say any thing about the super 1.4G lens. Looks like taken with kit lense
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:39   #14394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Dont you think with this fantastic superb camera you could have taken pic at say f1.8 or 2.8 to get nice creamy bokeh. Photo doesnt say any thing about the super 1.4G lens. Looks like taken with kit lense
recshenoy,

Few thoughts I wanted to share with you:

a) To get 'nice creamy bokeh' you need to have the subject or focal point near the lens preferably within 6-8 feet so that the background can be off focus and produce bokeh. I was nearly 20 feet away from the car. At this distance and an aperture of F/5.6 the DOF is ~18.6 feet - 5.6 feet in front of subject and 13 feet behind.

b) The idea whilst taking the photo was to get a bit of the surroundings into the frame (for personal reasons as the area is rather special to me).

c) Kit lens comment - I trust you are aware that that kit lenses can take some very nice photos.

d) Let me set this straight here - the intention of sharing this photo (same image first uploaded on the auto images thread) was NOT to highlight the capability of the camera nor the lens - but the car. I started off that post with 'my car'. It highlights the shine/gloss on the car after a long nearly 500 kms drive on the GQ + after being unwashed for a month.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 22nd May 2012 at 09:41.
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:59   #14395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1/2500th?! Wow!! Is that a typo? I cant think of using shutter speeds like this with ISO 400 for a bird perched on an object.

Anyways, as far as the crop is concerned - is it from the centre of the frame or somewhere off centre? It makes a difference. The aperture is ok - you can stop down to F8 for better DOF. What lens is this? I am sorry, I aint too familiar with Canon gear.
I shot it using Canon 55-250mm IS lens. I guess the sweet spot for this lens is f8 and so I thought I might have made a mistake of opening up to 5.6 max possible at 250mm. The pic was taken at early morning round 7:30 AM with the sunlight on the bird and the sun behind me.

The crop is taken from the center of the frame and there was a bit noise. May be the ISO could have been at 200 since the shutter speed was quite good.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:30   #14396
BHPian

I was trying to play around with the Macro Mode in my digi cam and ended up with the following shot!

As a novice, I was only trying to focus on the spider, but was later surprised to see the so called graphics on the back of it!

Hope you all like it!

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc01001.jpg

best,
r-six
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:43   #14397
BHPian

Wow, excellent shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
I was trying to play around with the Macro Mode in my digi cam and ended up with the following shot!

As a novice, I was only trying to focus on the spider, but was later surprised to see the so called graphics on the back of it!

Hope you all like it!

Attachment 930519

best,
r-six
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:04   #14398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The only issue I find with that photo is that it is soft & a bit noisy (as you have correctly pointed out) even if ISO 400 is not all that high to generate noise. But the noise can be removed in PP.

So, is the snap a bit out of focus? Focus issues cannot be corrected in PP, but you could try sharpening it at the expense of increasing noise. Stopping down to F8 may have helped as could upping the exposure comp by 1/3 or 1/2 EV whilst PPing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
I was trying to play around with the Macro Mode
focus on the spider, but was later surprised to see the so called graphics on the back of it!
Nice one mate!

Last edited by R2D2 : 22nd May 2012 at 14:07.
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:14   #14399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He reminds me of a younger and desi version of the famous American actor Will Smith.
Cheers!
+1

Quote:
How times change. My 1st digital was the Sony DSC-S85 4MP digital camera that I purchased in 2001 whilst in the US. It came with a 4 MB memory stick and cost me US$900 + another US$ 100, IIRC, for a 16MB MS. I still have the camera (call it digital junk) as it takes very nice photos.
Cheers!
A 4MP camera during those times! They were really the high end ones I believe. It must have been nice to own one back then. I still remember numerous situations where I had to explain the funda of digital cameras to people who were curious to know what kind of camera it was. They all were intrigued by the LCD and the live view in that. Even for me that was a major reason to buy one

You're asking about the B&W shots of the camera I presume. They were taken with my kit lens, at 18mm. ISO400, and f/5.6. I wanted to capture that perspective from so close using the widest FL. But Everything couldn't be in focus and I didn't have good lighting to light up the subject nicely to narrow down the aperture. So I took 4 shots each time using manual focus and focus stacked them in PP.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd May 2012 at 14:22.
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:16   #14400
Senior - BHPian

Uploading another pic: This has some noise since its a low res pic. Goign ahead will stop down a bit if I am getting good shutter speed. That would help getting better DOF and good focus overall.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-1a.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks