Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 23:09   #3466
BHPian

@Rudrada:

@promodkumar: Congrats man for the possession.I saw the nice photographs taken by you in non auto image forum.

Quote:
Pramod, waiting for some sample pics.
@Clevermax: Saw you as a sample photo model as well !

Quote:
I love Sony Alpha for this! Being able to plug and play these old Minolta glasses.
Does anyone know any website/book which have a compatibility list for old F SLR lenses and new D SLRs?
Old 6th April 2010, 11:04   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
If I remember correctly there was one Konica Minolta scanner which was pretty good for film scanning. It was around 13-15k (much cheaper compared to Nikon ones which were like 50k) around 4-5 years back and you can easily get a second hand one much cheaper now. Can't remember the model number though.
Thanks for the info Kaushik. Is this easily available in India? Looked on ebay but couldn't find any.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:49   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Thanks for the info Kaushik. Is this easily available in India? Looked on ebay but couldn't find any.
I have seen one in Chandni Chowk area New Delhi... two three days back , You have a very good chance of getting one from there if you have someone in delhi.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:58   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
If you cant visit Delhi (as pointed out by Kaushik)for now,try to contact this company.

I. D. Technologies, Pune

B1-1, Sai Sahawas, S. No. 6, Hissa No. 3 Karve Nagar, Hingane (bk), Pune - 411 052, Maharashtra, India
+(91)-(20)-65003315/65262448

+(91)-(20)-25410479

+(91)-9325357351/9372202208
Old 6th April 2010, 13:00   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
pramodkumar's new posession! (The lens)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_bmw View Post
@promodkumar: Congrats man for the possession.I saw the nice photographs taken by you in non auto image forum.

Guess, the happiness was extreamly short lived one, its my fault i motivated him in buying a sony now. Now the lens may not be mine for long. But anyways whats not ours is not ours, He told me some of his friends who had minolta setup might have some lenses. I might get to see a 70-210 today, hope its a beer can. I will not mind loosing the 100-300 for a beer can as the sharpness of a beer can is unmatched, not to talk of the amezing optical quality.

Pramod
Old 6th April 2010, 14:00   #3471
Senior - BHPian

@abhishek_bmw: Thanks a lot. Yes this is pretty useful as I stay in Pune.
@kaushik_s: Thanks again. If the Pune thing does not work out I will try to source it from Delhi.

Suddenly I have realized that there will an another problem if I buy an old scanner. No support for Windows 7. I am about to buy a new PC with Windows7 soon so now I may have to look for models which support Win7.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:43   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
@kaushik_s: Thanks again. If the Pune thing does not work out I will try to source it from Delhi.
O.T Friend You are confusing two Kaushik's at a time me akaushik who suggested you for delhi..
Old 6th April 2010, 15:34   #3473
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, more info on your second new lens please? Guys, he got one more lens gifted, this time a Minolta 35-80mm I guess. It complements the kit lens well with zoom range, and this is much better in terms of optical quality sharpness than the 18-55 mm kit lens.

Alpha 230
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
35-80mm f/4-5.6 Minolta AF
100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Minolta Xi AF - Almost circular aperture - I saw so many aperture blades

Man you now have some photography equipment!

Now out of jealousy let me say that none of these lenses have a constant max aperture like my 70-210 f/4

Last edited by clevermax : 6th April 2010 at 15:41.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:38   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
O.T Friend You are confusing two Kaushik's at a time me akaushik who suggested you for delhi..
Sorry my bad!! Thanks akaushik for you valuable info
Old 6th April 2010, 15:40   #3475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pramod, more info on your second new lens please? Guys, he got one more lens gifted, this time a Minolta 35-80mm I guess. It complements his kit lens well with zoom range, and this is much better in terms of optical quality sharpness than the 18-55 mm kit lens.

Alpha 230
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
35-80mm f/4-5.6 Minolta AF
100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Minolta Xi AF

Man you now have some photography equipment!

Now out of jealousy let me say that none of these lenses have a constant max aperture like my 70-210 f/4
Not Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guess, the happiness was extreamly short lived one, its my fault i motivated him in buying a sony now. Now the lens may not be mine for long. But anyways whats not ours is not ours, He told me some of his friends who had minolta setup might have some lenses. I might get to see a 70-210 today, hope its a beer can. I will not mind loosing the 100-300 for a beer can as the sharpness of a beer can is unmatched, not to talk of the amezing optical quality.

Pramod
Lets hope things workout, anyways i am not giving anything back

Pramod
Old 6th April 2010, 15:43   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Not Yet
Lets hope things workout, anyways i am not giving anything back
Pramod
Talk him to buying a Canon or Nikon, take help from this thread, and make those Minolta ones yours.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:48   #3477
BHPian

@Promodkumar
Quote:
its my fault i motivated him in buying a sony now
Ha ha ha...you are getting the beer can dude...Waiting for nice Bokeh
(Saw Clevermax's post later after writing this)
How many lenses you have now in your bag

SPARKled
Welcome dude.
Quote:
Suddenly I have realized that there will an another problem if I buy an old scanner. No support for Windows 7. I am about to buy a new PC with Windows7 soon so now I may have to look for models which support Win7.
I have an Konica Minolta scanner,it is second hand,came with Win 98 CD.If you are looking for second hand,beware of micro scratches in the glass bed (What it is called?).Also,I noticed the downgrading quality of images with years ( due to everyday running ?I am not sure).
I bought that for digitalizing X-ray plates,it is its main use.
You can look for the result in the non auto image thread in my posts.Its nearly impossible to send the original files to you by mail (over 50MB size) so that you can check yourself the quality.You will see the artifacts and scratches easily.
It will work on Windows 7.I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit laptop.The driver will be installed well by compatibility manager.It will not work initially,but later,when you will trouble shoot its compatibility,it will be installed nicely.Provided you are using a licensed copy.Tech guru here can help you about this.
You can see the old posts of Rudrada,where he posted scanned images-they are flawless,not like me.I think that is because he used/uses more advanced scanner and obviously he has the skill to manage the damage in PS.
I dont know what is your purpose of scanning,Konica Minolta scanner will be more than enough for regular use,I dont know about pro use.If you scan the photos,the glossy will give nice results than matt finished one (practically horrible result).

If you are looking for more cheap solution,Epson scanner will give not that bad result.
By the way,Flat bed scanners are only to be thought for these purposes.

If you want to get 4x6 print out, practically,an entry level scanner will suffice.

Last edited by abhishek_bmw : 6th April 2010 at 15:51.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:57   #3478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talk him to buying a Canon or Nikon,
Did that already . I went up to an extent where i nearly sold him my alpha . Finally i know he got all excited to see his AF lens working on my Alpha, and secondly he is a bussiness man so now he feels he made a boo boo by giving them away to me. So now he says its a block lens(some wierd term which i didnt quite understand). and also says a similar spec nikon will be 30k upwards. Dude is getting little crazy. i asked him to get the cam and then i will return the lens. Moreover he is getting some more lenses today using his circle, i never wanted any thing for free, let me see if i can get some good deal, then why not, by the way he was like the other guy has some stupid zoom lens some 70-210, i was like . Let me hope its a beercan. I am meeting him after office.

Pramod
Old 6th April 2010, 16:09   #3479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_bmw View Post
@Promodkumar

I have an Konica Minolta scanner,it is second hand,came with Win 98 CD.If you are looking for second hand,beware of micro scratches in the glass bed (What it is called?).Also,I noticed the downgrading quality of images with years ( due to everyday running ?I am not sure).
I bought that for digitalizing X-ray plates,it is its main use.
You can look for the result in the non auto image thread in my posts.Its nearly impossible to send the original files to you by mail (over 50MB size) so that you can check yourself the quality.You will see the artifacts and scratches easily.
It will work on Windows 7.I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit laptop.The driver will be installed well by compatibility manager.It will not work initially,but later,when you will trouble shoot its compatibility,it will be installed nicely.Provided you are using a licensed copy.Tech guru here can help you about this.
You can see the old posts of Rudrada,where he posted scanned images-they are flawless,not like me.I think that is because he used/uses more advanced scanner and obviously he has the skill to manage the damage in PS.
I dont know what is your purpose of scanning,Konica Minolta scanner will be more than enough for regular use,I dont know about pro use.If you scan the photos,the glossy will give nice results than matt finished one (practically horrible result).

If you are looking for more cheap solution,Epson scanner will give not that bad result.
By the way,Flat bed scanners are only to be thought for these purposes.

If you want to get 4x6 print out, practically,an entry level scanner will suffice.
Actually I am not looking at printing too big, maximum 8X10 using ISO 100 or ISO 200 print 35 mm film. Yes I read a few reviews of the Minolta scanner and I think it fits perfectly for my needs. The only trouble now is finding one new or relatively new. About the compatibility with Win7 I am still a bit unsure about making it work well with the win7 home basic/premium that I am thinking of buying if it has a problem of working fine initially. Still i think this is my best bet and will give it a shot.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:13   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
i never wanted any thing for free, let me see if i can get some good deal, then why not,
Surely.You can show him the fungus in the lens.
Quote:
by the way he was like the other guy has some stupid zoom lens some 70-210
How many overlapping lens he has?

@SPARKled:

Last edited by abhishek_bmw : 6th April 2010 at 16:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks