Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:17   #9241
BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Congratulations Vishal on becoming a Canonian!!
How much did you get it for? Is the Kit lens ISII ?
I am very happy with the camera too.
Explore it to the hilt.
Thanks @Fordmanchau !

Its priced 36.5K also right now they are offering 2 year warranty.
Yes, now exploration started

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:17   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Thanks @Fordmanchau !

Its priced 36.5K also right now they are offering 2 year warranty.
Yes, now exploration started

Thanks,
Vishal
Congrats man. Register in canon website to get that additional 1 year warranty.

Recently I also got Canon 1100D from ebay.in for 23,750 during the deal of the week. Actually wanted to go for 550D (Rs 33K in ebay.in ) but due to budget sticked to 1100D. I got the same carry case too.
gopinathann is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:52   #9243

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk
This has been explained a number of times by various folks in previous posts but here you go, once again

If your in for Canon

If your in for Nikon

There are good cams from Pentax, Sony but I'd stick to the biggies for their superb lens' and nothing more. If you love "stills" you will also love "the movies" and ideally when you can shoot some really cool HD videos a cam thats capable of doing so should be up your buy-list. Short films are a big fad these days even in corporates when you can shoot "like" the big screen format well why not and that to at a zillionth of the big budgets that movie producers spend. A simple 50mm f1.8 and Magic Lantern can do wonders with a basic Canon 500D.

Spend some time reading on the net about photography before you get "sucked in", it is a very expensive hobby.
As you said, I would definitely want HD recording. And since nikon doesn't offer HD in its lower models, I would go for canon. Now 60D and 600D are out of my budget(~40k). I would barely be able to afford 600D's body.

So anything other than these? And which lens should I go for?
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:12   #9244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
As you said, I would definitely want HD recording. And since nikon doesn't offer HD in its lower models, I would go for canon. Now 60D and 600D are out of my budget(~40k). I would barely be able to afford 600D's body.

So anything other than these? And which lens should I go for?

Pick a 550D with 18-55 or the 18-135(?). The 18-135 (hope my numbers are right) should do for most of the needs.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:53   #9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Pick a 550D with 18-55 or the 18-135(?). The 18-135 (hope my numbers are right) should do for most of the needs.
What is the difference between these two? As in for what purpose are they best used?

Any good forum/website/blog/guide for photography where i can learn more about photography and cameras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Spend some time reading on the net about photography before you get "sucked in", it is a very expensive hobby.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:06   #9246
Senior - BHPian

Planning to get a budget circular polarize filter for my 18-55mm kit lens (Canon 1100D). I was going through Flipkart and came across "Hoya 58mm Circular Polarizer Filter" which is priced at 1.7K.

Do you guys have any idea about the usability of this filter and how effective is it?
Old 23rd February 2012, 04:23   #9247
Senior - BHPian

What is the cost of canon 24-105 lens?
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:01   #9248
BHPian

Quick urgent help required.

I am buying used Canon 70-200 IS F2.8 L II lens, my friend who is selling is expecting 60K. It is almost new, one year old, body is scratch-less but very small scratch on front lens, but it is not visible on images. Only 200-300 images were clicked by that lens. I am buying it from one of my very close friend.

Please help me in deciding the price.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:07   #9249
Team-BHP Support

How did that scratch happen? Where exactly is the scratch?
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:28   #9250

Posting for the benefit of the forum (not sure if posted earlier):
New purchase of Canon DSLR camera are eligible for a free training session by Canon. Go to the following link after you register your purchase in their website.
Go Pro trainings | CanonEdge
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:02   #9251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
How did that scratch happen? Where exactly is the scratch?
Rudra sir, scratch is done by his doughter when the camera was laying on the table without lens cover. Scratch image will upload soon.
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:11   #9252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I am buying used Canon 70-200 IS F2.8 L II lens, my friend who is selling is expecting 60K. It is almost new, one year old, body is scratch-less but very small scratch on front lens, but it is not visible on images. Only 200-300 images were clicked by that lens. I am buying it from one of my very close friend.
I think it should be okay if it is a small scratch in the front element, it is not going to affect the images in any noticeable way at all. (From my experience using a friend's lens with scratched front element, a tiny scratch which ran along the center of the glass to the side)

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd February 2012 at 12:13.
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:01   #9253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Most awaited dream, finally its here.
Canon 550D + 18-55mm
Congratulations Vishal. Just a suggestion - get rid of that freebie bag and get one from Lowepro/Tamrac/Vanguard/Kata. Two reasons - one is the extra large Canon logo attracts the wrong kind of attention and second, but most important, is that aftermarket bags are much better made and will protect your camera and lenses better. I even went to the extent of changing my camera strap to avoid getting curious stares from people.

Quote:

Firstly a small scratch on the front element will not affect the image except whilst shooting into the sun or bright light when the scratch may cause a minor flare. Nothing you cannot fix during PPing with LR/PS.

But getting a 1 year old lens that costs nearly Rs 1.4-1.5 lakhs (it is the superb F/2.8 IS II isn't it?) for just Rs 60K is a great deal. Be sure to use a good quality filter to protect the front element once you are done with your purchase. Good luck!

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd February 2012 at 13:03.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:04   #9254
BHPian

Quote:
Rudra sir, scratch is done by his doughter when the camera was laying on the table without lens cover. Scratch image will upload soon.
If the mechanics are fine and the lens performs well in test shots then you are lucky for 60k this is out right steal, but a purist pixel peeper will spot any difference. This Canon baby is a very famed one and retails here in India for about 1.4lacs if you need to even check how good the lens is Canon authorised dealer will charge 3K just to touch this lens forget repairing/changing parts etc..
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:10   #9255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Congratulations Vishal. Just a suggestion - get rid of that freebie bag and get one from Lowepro/Tamrac/Vanguard/Kata. Two reasons - one is the extra large Canon logo attracts the wrong kind of attention and second, but most important, is that aftermarket bags are much better made and will protect your camera and lenses better. I even went to the extent of changing my camera strap to avoid getting curious stares from people.
Hey R2D2,
Thanks for advice, I am with you on 2nd point, bag is very flimsy after all it is free and I am looking for good one in next to next month's budget.

But what is thought behind the Canon Logo, personally I like it lot .

Also looks like you are from Pune, can you suggest me a good basic course to understand the DSLR, right now I am going through dpreview and other online forums main issue no one demonstrate the capability of stock setup Canon 550D and 18-55mm IS II.

Thanks,
Vishal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks