Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 14:43   #106
BHPian

Re: Real Racing 3 : Time Shift Multiplayer game for iOS and Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I've spent a thoroughly frustrating day trying to download this game. The download worked in fits and starts, then finally died on me around 50% completion. My Wi-Fi connection is fine, I downloaded a bunch of other apps on my S3 and they all pulled down fine from the Play Store. Speedtest.net put my download speed at a respectable 11-odd Mbps a few times I tested through the day.

Is there any way I can download this game (APK + Data) from another source online? I don't think I have enough patience to spend another day looking at a phone screen where the only thing moving is the battery meter
I'm facing the same issue. If you're phone is rooted then one thing I can suggest is taking an App+Data backup using Titanium Backup, uninstalling the game and then restoring it through Titanium Backup. Else you can download the Apk+SD Data from here. This is the latest version, has the Dubai Autodrome + Lexus and Dodge cars, so I don't think you'll have to update again.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:14   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
I'm facing the same issue. If you're phone is rooted then one thing I can suggest is taking an App+Data backup using Titanium Backup, uninstalling the game and then restoring it through Titanium Backup. Else you can download the Apk+SD Data from here. This is the latest version, has the Dubai Autodrome + Lexus and Dodge cars, so I don't think you'll have to update again.
Thanks for the link.

Can't root my phone unfortunately (corporate sync restrictions).

I did download Ver. 1.0.59 off another website yesterday, and it works fine. I'm a casual gamer, so don't really mind the slightly outdated version. Will try this one and see if it works.
Old 21st June 2013, 16:31   #108
BHPian

Count me in too. Downloaded the 6MB game from play store and on opening it started to download in parts for almost 3 hours. At the end, got a message that the download is incomplete and the game closed. Upon opening again, i got the game to work. Did the first trial run and it was fun and good. Hope to burn the tyres this weekend. BTW, I am playing it on my S3
Old 21st June 2013, 18:24   #109
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
You guys can either login to Facebook from the game interface,so anyone in your friends list will automatically start showing up on the game timings.

Another option is to add via game center.

Akkizma or akshay4384@gmail.com is my game center ID

Lets race boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Add me too guys, my id is rahul3111@yahoo.com, TSM is awesome fun
Guys, this thread just got my attention. I have been on RR3 for quite some time (43hrs of play time), and was now thinking of getting in some friends for TSM racing.

I read through this report, but still not clear of how to invite you guys? I am already logged in on FB, what is game centre? Could someone help me step-by-step?

I have 6 cars atm- Silvia, Z4 M, Shelby GT500, GT-R R35, R8 V10, 911 GT3. Planning to now buy a Z4GTS or MP4-12C.

Please help me out, I am desperate to try with you lot
Old 21st June 2013, 18:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys, this thread just got my attention. I have been on RR3 for quite some time (43hrs of play time), and was now thinking of getting in some friends for TSM racing.

I read through this report, but still not clear of how to invite you guys? I am already logged in on FB, what is game centre? Could someone help me step-by-step?

I have 6 cars atm- Silvia, Z4 M, Shelby GT500, GT-R R35, R8 V10, 911 GT3. Planning to now buy a Z4GTS or MP4-12C.

Please help me out, I am desperate to try with you lot
Game center IDs are available on this thread.
Akshay4384@gmail.com

Akkizma

Is mine.
Old 21st June 2013, 18:31   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Game center IDs are available on this thread.
Akshay4384@gmail.com

Akkizma

Is mine.
Akshay, I got the ID, but what is Game centre? I have a S3
Old 21st June 2013, 19:06   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Akshay, I got the ID, but what is Game centre? I have a S3
Oops,in that case you will have to login to FB through the game and add people to your FB friend list.Game Center is exclusive to iOS devices.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:05   #113
BHPian

IOS players, post your game centre ID here, i have added 3 of you guys from here, my id is "DOCROCK800". Add me for some good racing.
Old 25th June 2013, 18:05   #114
BHPian

This game is seriously addictive. Have completed the first 5 rounds on my S3. To be frank, S3 is not so good for playing this game. I had to exit all running apps and then clear of the used RAM to get a decent run on the game. If i do not do this, the game staggers and stucks at one point. Had to restart my S3 or pull the batteries out.
Any one else facing this issue with this particular game?
Old 25th June 2013, 20:24   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This game is seriously addictive. Have completed the first 5 rounds on my S3. To be frank, S3 is not so good for playing this game. I had to exit all running apps and then clear of the used RAM to get a decent run on the game. If i do not do this, the game staggers and stucks at one point. Had to restart my S3 or pull the batteries out.
I guess RAM is the only real bottleneck here. I have a Galaxy Note 8.0(same chipset as S3 +2GB RAM), it works great even in power saving mode (limited to 1.1 GHz).

Though I think I have seen reports of smooth game play on S3, try looking for any other app that hogs the RAM/CPU)
Old 25th June 2013, 20:48   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the game staggers and stucks at one point. Had to restart my S3 or pull the batteries out.
Does S3 stops responding completly? I.e. do buttons work?

If that is the case, this is a hardware issue with S3 that manifests with Heavy Apps like this game. One of the I/O chips is bad in certain batches of S3.

Service center would replace the board to fix the issue.
Old 25th June 2013, 20:58   #117
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

I guess RAM is the only real bottleneck here. I have a Galaxy Note 8.0(same chipset as S3 +2GB RAM), it works great even in power saving mode (limited to 1.1 GHz).

Though I think I have seen reports of smooth game play on S3, try looking for any other app that hogs the RAM/CPU)

I find that very weird. I have a Galaxy Nexus which has much older hardware compared to the S3. It does sometimes lag a little bit, but it has never completely stopped working, requiring a battery pull.

I don't think it is a RAM issue as my Galaxy Nexus never acts like this, and it has 1 gig of RAM and a much older CPU and GPU.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 25th June 2013 at 21:01.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:38   #118
BHPian

As I said, if I am going to close all running apps and then run the game, its smooth.
Its happening only with this game. Have no issues playing all series of temple run and stick sports.
And yes, I am on power saving mode. Let me disable and then try to run the game. Its news for me that only limited RAM is available in that mode.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Been playing this on my Nexus 4 for the last 1 week now. So far I've got Ford Focus all tuned up to max and Nissan 350Z, again tuned up to the max.

Next in my radar is the Shelby GT500.

Is there any car racing game better than this one?
Old 26th June 2013, 12:36   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Is there any car racing game better than this one?
nope; this is the best i've come across on the mobile platform. i have NFS Shift 2 and NFS Hot Pursuit, but i feel the dynamics of RR3 is better.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 26th June 2013 at 12:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks