Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 21:56   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude
Guys, please do not take the free "Tata Docomo " free modem offer when purchasing "Micromax Funbook". Y
===
Now they have send me a lawyer notice. Shall i go to consumer court?what else should i do? whom should i complain to?
Dont panic. Even I had received many lawyer notices from Vodafone because I did not pay the bill stating international calls, which I didnt use.
Old 17th January 2013, 17:30   #647

Re: The DATA Card and USB Modem discussion thread (Reliance/Airtel/Tata)

Today I recieved a Hame MPR 1 usb router, it is the size of a USB dongle, just plug in your dongle and you have wifi hotspot for 5 devices, no settings, a simple plug and play, very satisfied with the product

Price : 1190/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-5-1-3G-Mo...item1c2f31402c
Old 6th March 2013, 20:17   #648
BHPian

Looking for a data card

Hello All,

I am looking for a data card. Any recommendation or suggestions, primary use will be for office and surfing. In addition to the data card what plans to go for.

Thanks in advance,

MP
Old 21st March 2013, 15:27   #649
BHPian

I was using a TATA photon plus postpaid connection which I wanted to convert to pre paid. I went to the bangalore customer centre in koramangala and submitted the required documents and forms. I signed at the places where the cust care executive asked me to sign and a 7 day period was promised for resolving the same. After 2 weeks that too when i contacted TATA asking for the update, i was told the application could not be processed since i missed a sign somewhere. From then it was a war over the phone between me and tata cust care. Every time a new person will call and i'll have to explain the whole procedure again and again. Even thrice they promised they will resolve it without that taking a mail as confirmation from me. Even after 1 month the complaint remains open and the next month's bill is generated!! I'm ready to move to consumer court for the same, but the fear of a corrupt system there and lack of time is holding me back. Tried contacting them through twitter and facebook, other than the false promise of resolving the complaint nothing else is happening. I asked for the scanned copy of the document in which they claim that I did not sign whcih they are refusing to provide!

Any pointers to any TATA office/officer whom I can contact for the same?
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:35   #650
BHPian

Did you try contacting the nodal officer? There is also an option to write to the president of TATA Docomo on their website. I have solved a huge problem I had with Docomo after I wrote to the president.
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:40   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Did you try contacting the nodal officer? There is also an option to write to the president of TATA Docomo on their website. I have solved a huge problem I had with Docomo after I wrote to the president.
You can also tweet to Mr Ratan Tata on Twitter and you get royal treatment from the lower rungs afterwards & all your issues will be resolved in no time - I read this somewhere (not sure on TBHP or some other forum).
Old 24th March 2013, 18:18   #652
BHPian

Quote:
I contacted the nodal officer via email, but there was no response from them. Even the appellate contact number from TRAI website is not active !!
I searched for the president's contact number, but failed to get it from their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
You can also tweet to Mr Ratan Tata on Twitter and you get royal treatment from the lower rungs afterwards & all your issues will be resolved in no time - I read this somewhere (not sure on TBHP or some other forum).
Will try this !
Old 25th March 2013, 10:24   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
I contacted the nodal officer via email, but there was no response from them. Even the appellate contact number from TRAI website is not active !!
I searched for the president's contact number, but failed to get it from their site.
Here is the link, Try posting it here
Old 25th March 2013, 22:02   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link, Try posting it here

Thanks Deepak. Let me try my (last) luck ! :(
Old 5th June 2013, 10:38   #655
BHPian

I hope this thread is not restricted to only Reliance/Airtel and Tata. I am interested in purchasing BSNL 3G Prepaid Data Card (from Teracom). However I want to be sure that this card works under roaming in Delhi and Mumbai. I called up the customer service (1503) and they informed that national roaming is supported and should work anywhere in India. Does anyone have experience of using BSNL 3G Data card in Delhi/Mumbai? Any issues?
Old 6th June 2013, 02:28   #656
BHPian

Re: Looking for a data card

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for a data card. Any recommendation or suggestions, primary use will be for office and surfing. In addition to the data card what plans to go for.

Thanks in advance,

MP
If you need 3G USB modem, currently best one is Huawei 303c
its a budget modem supporting All indian Operators, just plug-in and use, the newer mobile partner software set APN and setting manually.

I ordered one of this from ebay, yet to reach me.
use any discount coupon like Rs.100 off, it would be cheaper than your local shop.

Till now I am using vodafone Huawei E160x but it was restricted to 3.6mbps and have been facing issues from old one with 4-5 yrs of heavy usage.
Old 6th June 2013, 02:59   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
If you need 3G USB modem, currently best one is Huawei 303c
its a budget modem supporting All indian Operators, just plug-in and use, the newer mobile partner software set APN and setting manually.

Till now I am using vodafone Huawei E160x but it was restricted to 3.6mbps and have been facing issues from old one with 4-5 yrs of heavy usage.

Thanks ghpk, I got the airtel Data card for about 1200 Rs, the speed rated is 7.2 mbps, however the speeds I get are about 300kbps max
Old 6th June 2013, 03:07   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Thanks ghpk, I got the airtel Data card for about 1200 Rs, the speed rated is 7.2 mbps, however the speeds I get are about 300kbps max
That must be 1731 or similar model,
you getting 300kbps download speed ?, if yes that's above 2 mbps which normally comes on GSM operators.

To get anything above this speed you need to check with operator first what speed they offer.

Aircel gives 3.6mbps for normal plans and 7.2mbps only on 5GB and upward plans which are costly for sure.
Old 9th July 2013, 18:47   #659
Senior - BHPian

Please advise on a dongle that works in Chennai, Pune and Kolkata.

Airtel 3G works in Chennai, not in Pune and Kolkata. You have 4G in Pune/Kolkata, not in Chennai
Old 9th July 2013, 20:11   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Please advise on a dongle that works in Chennai, Pune and Kolkata.
Buy a generic Dongle (ZTE / Huwei should cost approx 900) and then

1. But two SIMs for different circles
2. Get a BSNL SIM and activate 3G

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks