Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 15:39   #106
BHPian

I got the Canon HF20 and am really happy with my purchase.

The camcorder is simply awesome and I got it for a nice deal ($550 or so - during Thanksgiving 2009). check out the details at Amazon.

The best thing I like about the HF20 is that it is very light n compact and it fits nicely in my hand and does not cramp your hand even if you need to hold it for extended periods.
2nd best thing - has inbuilt flash memory of abt 32gb (over 4hrs at full-hd recording) and if needed one can add SD cards that are becoming cheaper day by day.
3rd best - has a 3.89mp sensor and can thus take pretty good stills thereby do not need to carry a regular camera along all the time

only thing I did not like about this is the low light performance...has too much of noise and does not capture a good video in low-light conditions (low-light as in side of a river in the jugle on a moon-lit night).

peace,
~kg
Old 30th May 2011, 18:57   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Camcorder thread : Tech, deals and specs

I'm getting a deal of Canon Legria HF R17 for around 150 pounds.
Is it a good buy?

Any users here? Please comment on the performance.
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:46   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Got Samsung SMX F40 for less than 70GBP. Is it a good buy? What is the current price in India?

Bundle includes a spare battery & pouch.
Old 3rd July 2011, 00:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Got Samsung SMX F40 for less than 70GBP. Is it a good buy? What is the current price in India?

Bundle includes a spare battery & pouch.
thats a real sweet deal you've got,
its 11K INR here in India
Old 6th July 2011, 15:10   #110
BHPian

i got sony HDR-CX130 a month back from US through one of my friend and it's quality is real good. i upgraded from "Canon ZR850 1MP MiniDV Camcorder"
Cost was $498. this is still not launched in India but surely will launch soon.
I would recommend anyone who is upgrading to HD
Old 5th August 2011, 01:22   #111
Team-BHP Support

Can anyone recommend a good HD camcorder within 20k- 30k pricerange (In India)?

Main purpose is to take videos of a newborn baby.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th August 2011 at 01:46.
Old 5th August 2011, 02:15   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can anyone recommend a good HD camcorder within 20k- 30k pricerange (In India)?

Main purpose is to take videos of a newborn baby.
20-30K is good budget for a HD Camcorder.
but i think if your purpose is just home videos, I would suggest you to buy a digital camera which is capable of HD Videos.

Like last year i bought a Sony handycam, but it was not HD one, and still pictures are horrible.
Recently i bought fujifilm 2950 a 14MP digital Cam, capable of 720p video and after using stills and taking 720p videos I now find my handycam will go waste

its always difficult to carry multiple camera for home use, and having a digital camera with ability to capture HD movies is the best you can do as in both case you'll need to move the pics/videos to a comp. and having them shot with one cam would be easy to manage and transfer.

HD video size is big, so my best solution which is working good for me is capture video and then convert atleast one copy to a compressed format like mkv and save it at a safe place, this way you have the HD video quaity and saves your storage space too.

if you want a very small HD video capable cam you can check this one
it a low cost best solution and I might buy this and carry it always in my laptop bag, as my semi-SLR is little bulky to be carried everywhere.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 08:59   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
20-30K is good budget for a HD Camcorder.
but i think if your purpose is just home videos, I would suggest you to buy a digital camera which is capable of HD Videos.
Its actually for my manager (who is a fried too), and they already have multiple cameras including a Nikon D80 SLR. (His wife loves photography!). At later stages, it may be wasted, but as of now- they will make use of the handycam for shooting the newborn.

How good is Sony HDR-CX130E HDR-CX130E : Flash / Memory Stick : Handycam® Video Camera : Sony India ?
Old 5th August 2011, 22:35   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its actually for my manager (who is a fried too), and they already have multiple cameras including a Nikon D80 SLR. (His wife loves photography!). At later stages, it may be wasted, but as of now- they will make use of the handycam for shooting the newborn.

How good is Sony HDR-CX130E HDR-CX130E : Flash / Memory Stick : Handycam® Video Camera : Sony India ?
That looks good but I see you can save 4K if you order it online, if that matters to your friend.
Also the CAM has no internal memory, everything is on 32GB stick which is included in offer so they can use multiple sticks for longer videos and then transfer them to PC.
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:01   #115
BHPian

I bought Sony DCR SX44 last year and am happy with it, now I want to upgrade to HD Camcorder and found HDR-CX130/110E. Though I have FZ100 SLR with Full HD capability, low light videos are worst.

Will Sony exchange my old one for the new model, how much will I get for the old one, it has 3 year warranty and the current price in Sony website is 15K.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:35   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I bought Sony DCR SX44 last year and am happy with it, now I want to upgrade to HD Camcorder and found HDR-CX130/110E. Though I have FZ100 SLR with Full HD capability, low light videos are worst.

Will Sony exchange my old one for the new model, how much will I get for the old one, it has 3 year warranty and the current price in Sony website is 15K.
If i am not wrong, CX130/110E doesn't have Optical image stabilization. I hope you have considered this fast.
I got my CX160 from US 3 months back. Optical Image Stabilization is must if you have kid around.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:55   #117
BHPian

Thanks for that tip. I am not sure whether my Sony DCR 44 has optical stabilization, but it is not that good compared to my Panasonic SLR during high zooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
If i am not wrong, CX130/110E doesn't have Optical image stabilization. I hope you have considered this fast.
I got my CX160 from US 3 months back. Optical Image Stabilization is must if you have kid around.
Old 19th October 2011, 00:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

Just imported a Panasonic HDC-TM90 camcorder from the US. Sole reason for going for this camcorder was the external mic jack option. No other HD camera has this option within this price range. Excellent capturing of crisp videos with very user-friendly in built 16 GB memory. Price was 30,000 rupees.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:40   #119
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where I can buy a SD card for my Canon HF200 camcorder. I have a Lexar class 6 133x that supports 24Mbps HD. Recently I bought a Transcend 32GB class 10 which supports only till 17Mbps.
Old 27th November 2011, 21:38   #120
BHPian

Hey guys,

Looking at getting a budget camcorder within 15k. Came across two models Sony DCR-SX21E and Panasonic SDR-S71. I will be exchanging an older Panasonic camcorder to buy this. I "googled" but did not get enough feedback on either models.

Any bhpians using one of these models, kindly share your review here.

Thanks

Srinath

Most Viewed