Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 13:53   #451
BHPian

They have changed pairs and now the noise on telephone line is gone, the SNR and attennuation are better but not quite in the range you gave. Posting the snapshot below, hope it works with these numbers.

Which service provider do you have? Airtel?
Attached Thumbnails
BSNL BroadBand Issues-line-p2.jpg  

Old 7th October 2010, 14:06   #452
Senior - BHPian

I was looking forward to contributing in this thread , but I am waiting for over 14 days to get my modem, as I got the land line connection 2 weeks ago.

Is this normal waiting time? I heard that modem will be installed within a week after getting the telephone.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:10   #453
BHPian

@Clevermax - I got my modem in 3 days after I received the land line connection in Bangalore. Had to wait for another week for it ti start working though.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:12   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
@Clevermax - I got my modem in 3 days after I received the land line connection in Bangalore. Had to wait for another week for it ti start working though.
So looks like these guys delaying it, may be because of unavailability of modem. I am trying to reach the telephone exchange but no-one ever picks up the phone! I am hating BSNL already!
Old 7th October 2010, 14:22   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So looks like these guys delaying it, may be because of unavailability of modem. I am trying to reach the telephone exchange but no-one ever picks up the phone! I am hating BSNL already!
Maybe due to unavailability. These guys at the exchange rarely pick up the phones. The best thing to do is walk in to the exchange and get things sorted out or try calling the guy who installed your telephone line, he might have an answer.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:30   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
Maybe due to unavailability. These guys at the exchange rarely pick up the phones. The best thing to do is walk in to the exchange and get things sorted out or try calling the guy who installed your telephone line, he might have an answer.
That;s the problem. They installed the phone when I was not around. So I could not note down the number. Anyway, he told Modem comes form another department.

Going to the exchange tomorrow or day after to sort things out.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:40   #457
Senior - BHPian

@Clevermax - Just get the email ID of all the entire top community from BSNL & shoot an email. But do this only if you wait for over 3-4 days. People from local exchange will be running towards your home. Trust me, the email stuff works!!!

By top, what I mean is CGM, GM & what not? Here you go - http://www.kerala.bsnl.co.in/tvm/srtvm.asp; once again, do this only if you've waited for quite sometime.
Old 7th October 2010, 15:14   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Which service provider do you have? Airtel?
I've BSNL and I'm a few hundred metre away from the exchange which would explain the low attenuation. The SNR is okay but the line attenuation still seems to be high. If your broadband works fine don't worry over these numbers.
Old 7th October 2010, 15:18   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Clevermax - Just get the email ID of all the entire top community from BSNL & shoot an email. But do this only if you wait for over 3-4 days. People from local exchange will be running towards your home. Trust me, the email stuff works!!!

By top, what I mean is CGM, GM & what not? Here you go {URL} once again, do this only if you've waited for quite sometime.
Thank you aargee! I will surely do that if the modem doesn't come in another few days time!
Old 7th October 2010, 15:45   #460
Senior - BHPian

My BSNL broadband has been working fine without any issues for the past 5 years. Then a couple of months back, it started getting disconnected frequently. I logged a complaint, no response. Then after sometime, the landline would work but the broadband link would often be down. Then the landline itself went totally dead, no dial tone. After a month of logging complaints and not getting a response, I decided that enough is enough and filled a request to close the connection.

Moral of the story: BSNL works very very well when it works, proving that their infrastructure is good. But when things go bad, the tech support is horrible.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:02   #461
BHPian

Me too uses BSNL broadband at home. I used to use Airtel initially, thier customer service is the best but i was nit happy with the speed and also the charges.
BSNL has good plans and the speed is also nice, i agree here completely if it works no issues but on the event of issues, forget it. As one of the member said, email helps. the top officials in BSNL has customer focus but this has not reached to the bottom . You send email detailing out your issue, it will surely speedup the resolution.

Scorpio Fan
Old 9th October 2010, 02:08   #462
BHPian

yes its a pain to tackle BSNL issue, In my small town, BSNL is the only broadband option and its a pain to get it fixed if it goes down.

Mostly if a problem occurs with DNS servers on sunday, you are hopeless till monday morning if its a working day.
Old 9th October 2010, 07:29   #463
Senior - BHPian

The issue seems to have been resolved from yesterday morning. The speed in the mornings (till 8.00 AM) is very good. The speedtest.net shows speed up to 2 mbps and the ping test shows grade-B. But the speed goes down a lot in the evenings, which was not so noticeable before.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:11   #464
BHPian

Week end BSNL BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Mostly if a problem occurs with DNS servers on sunday, you are hopeless till monday morning if its a working day.
, This is not issue of your town only. We face this issue on any weekend (sometimes), from DNS server going down to main server down. I see ADSL is up till exchange.

Last edited by omishra : 11th October 2010 at 11:12.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:46   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
, This is not issue of your town only. We face this issue on any weekend (sometimes), from DNS server going down to main server down. I see ADSL is up till exchange.
In such cases, you can try open DNS no? I hope they will work even if the BSNL DSN is down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks