Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 21:18   #421
BHPian

I'm facing a BSNL Landline wiring issue. I know this is not the right place, but there's no other topic related to this stuff. I've isolated the problem to the wiring in my house, but testing the entire wiring would be too much of a trouble, and I'd appreciate if somebody could point out the issue for me.

Following is the circuit diagram for the wiring.

BSNL BroadBand Issues-tphone.jpg

The problem is that the phone works alright when I connect it directly to the main line, but if I connect it to one of the red wires in each room, on receiving an incoming call, there is a 0.5 second ring and the call is automatically attended. I mean, if you're calling, the ringing will stop as if somebody has lifted the phone. If you're the receiver, you won't notice the ring, or if you do, you'll think that the called has hanged up.

What can be the possible cause ? Is it the two terminals of the red wire coming into contact with each other ? Since the red wire and its connections are through walls, I really don't wanna tear up the sockets unless I know what exactly the problem is. Any help would save me lots of trouble. Thanks.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:58   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
I'm facing a BSNL Landline wiring issue. I know this is not the right place, but there's no other topic related to this stuff. I've isolated the problem to the wiring in my house, but testing the entire wiring would be too much of a trouble, and I'd appreciate if somebody could point out the issue for me.

Attachment 429760

The problem is that the phone works alright when I connect it directly to the main line, but if I connect it to one of the red wires in each room, on receiving an incoming call, there is a 0.5 second ring and the call is automatically attended. I mean, if you're calling, the ringing will stop as if somebody has lifted the phone. If you're the receiver, you won't notice the ring, or if you do, you'll think that the called has hanged up.

What can be the possible cause ? Is it the two terminals of the red wire coming into contact with each other ? Since the red wire and its connections are through walls, I really don't wanna tear up the sockets unless I know what exactly the problem is. Any help would save me lots of trouble. Thanks.
check if splitter is correctly connected
check if there's a loose connection at any of the rooms connected to branch wires.
try reversing the wires polarity on the branch where its connected to your splitter/main line.
if all fails, and you are sure thats its not an issue with your exchange, you can knot the new wire at one end and pull it through other end, this will run the new wire through the wall without opening joints in most cases.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:13   #423
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 429760

Had similar problem at home and have almost similar circuit as yours., I found one wire damaged and after replacing its working smoothly.

I would say, check all wires for damage and all contacts for loose connections first.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:23   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BSNL BroadBand Issues-tphone.jpg

i couldn't get you fully but here is what you should do. i will start with basics.

1. Connect the phone at green. loose the router, call the phone from mobile
If it rings and works your instrument and line is fine.

2. Now connect the phone at red (phone end of ADSL splitter). call the number and check. If it works your adsl splitter is doing its job. Do the same by connecting at Blue.

3. No to check if its your house's internal wiring is at fault. Interchange red and blue.

Old 25th September 2010, 23:32   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Crappy connection. Phone is dead, broadband is dead. I cant register my complaints through their automated service.

Its conks every week or once in two weeks. Options........
Send a fax message to CMD, BSNL. You can get the number here :
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.-Senior Officers Directory

I assure you within 4 days, all so called senior officer of your exchange will come to your place and will fix the issue forever.

It is tried and tested method , been using BSNL for 8 years and am a happy customer though officers in my exchange may not like me.
Old 26th September 2010, 14:45   #426
BHPian

Now a days, lot of private firms approach you to get you the BSNL broadband connection. Recently my friend was approached by one of them and they sent their representative home. He collected Rs 1000.00 and gave the receipt as well. Its only after a week, that my friend realized that he has been cheated. So please be careful when you are approached by such people and also make sure all transactions are done through cheque and do not entertain cash payments.
Old 26th September 2010, 15:37   #427
BHPian

last month we got a bill of rs 4850 for broadband usage. after complaining they said that if we apply for a unlimited plan , they will correct the bill. . i i applied for the plan and they changed the bill to 840rs. and but i dont know if they have changed my plan or not.

also i am unable to check usage on my connection. the site doesnot open. i cant even change my passord. I use a wifi modem. is it because of that?

BSNL BroadBand Issues-capture.jpg
Old 26th September 2010, 15:41   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
also i am unable to check usage on my connection. the site doesnot open. i cant even change my passord. I use a wifi modem. is it because of that?
Absolutely no!!! as long as you're checking your usage from your telephone line it should work. I use a wireless router between the modem & PC. I'm able to check using both desktop as well as laptop no issues.

Edit - BTW, download DUF (Dataone Usage Finder) instead of checking through the browser. Its easy, quick as well as has some meaningful information to understand.

Last edited by aargee : 26th September 2010 at 15:42.
Old 26th September 2010, 17:34   #429
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, @argee, that's a cool tool! Just checked my account - since I am on an unlimited account, it accounts for everything as "Happy Hours usage"! :-)
Old 27th September 2010, 03:19   #430
BHPian

For monitoring broadband usage, I prefer DataFox. It's a Firefox and Chrome Addon.

DataFox - A BSNL DataOne & MTNL TriBand bandwidth usage monitor | The Goan

Regarding the telephone problem, thanks a lot to all those who replied, but I'm just not getting enough time to diagnose the problem, with my exams and all...
Old 27th September 2010, 17:31   #431
Senior - BHPian

Problem with un limited connection is that they give you less speed and infrequent connection. Atleast its true of MTNL as told to me by the exchange guy who deals with broadband. I am facing erratic connection and low speeds ever since I shifted to unlimited plan.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:52   #432
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post

Attachment 430043
You can use this link http://10.240.43.216/ to check your usage and change your password.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:41   #433
Senior - BHPian

Experiencing Very Slow Speeds with BSNL Broadband(in Kerala) 10kbps or even less.But, I gets 1.77mbps download speeds when tried Speedtest with Mumbai Server.While, US ping is Very High and fails to complete the test.So, I think the problem is with Sites Hosted in US/EU .
Anyone Else facing this Problem?

Last edited by deepclutch : 3rd October 2010 at 00:45.
Old 4th October 2010, 07:30   #434
BHPian

Looks like a routing issue in Chennai VSNL to me, try tracert and see the 4-5 hops with lot of delay/packet loss in Chennai VSNL.

It is unusable with even mail not opening.
Old 4th October 2010, 08:56   #435
Senior - BHPian

My land line is dead since yesterday. Called up 1500 & registered a complaint & they promptly provided me the ticket number, which I'm sure they'll close it today, without even bothering to check if my issues is resolved. Very good to hear such news!!! BSNL is in deep trouble & over & above they're providing as much problems as possible. I guess I'd enough fighting with BSNL. I'm seriously considering to switch over to some wireless internet provided by other giants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks