Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 18:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: OnePlus 6 Launch Day purchase experience at DLF Place, Saket

Actually got to play around with this phone over the weekend for an extended period for the first time.
If I have to use one word to describe it, its disappointment. It just does not look like a phone that's over 35000 Rs. Yes, it was blazing fast, faster than my wife's note 8,the interface was very slick and purposeful and maintained a perfect balance between usability and features.
Having said that the screen was a big let down.Looked decidedly low quality in an other wise quality product. And I am not even going to talk about how useless the auto ambiance brightness switch is. 35K is no longer a budget category and Yes OP has used unparalleled hardware but in the process ignored the other qualitative aspects like the screen, speaker etc. Now I now they would have to cut back somewhere to maintain that price point but should not have been in the screen department. Lets wait for the Xiaomi Mi 8 and see what it brings to the table.
Old 21st June 2018, 16:07   #62
BHPian

Okay, my review is long overdue for this phone mostly because I'm fresh out of the college and extremely busy.

But it doesn't really make sense to write a review anymore since this is old news now. I shall present some of my observations anyway.

What I like:
1. The display is extremely good and gets bright in daylight.
2. The camera is vastly improved over the previous models. MAD dynamic range!
3. The build quality is top-notch (Get it? )
4. Alert Slider!
5. Consistent software experience across iterations of OnePlus phones.
6. This device is finally water-resistant (checkout a teardown on YouTube)
7. The software one OnePlus phones is always about user choice. Don't like the notch? Disable it. Included equalizer. Gestures work just fine!
8. Seamless updates and Project Treble are bound to give this device a long support time.

What I hate:
1. The NOTCH!
2. The camera is poor in low-light and lacks HDR+ capabilities. Trust me, get a pixel and try HDR+ you'll know what I'm talking about.
3. Uninspiring design. Galaxy + iPhone = OnePlus 6.
4. BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! This is by far the worst release of a phone with software riddled with bugs. I can't control the volume on my headphone, for instance.
5. You'll feel that this is no flagship experience. Inconsistencies in the software itself (despite the experience across devices being similar).
6. The battery doesn't cut it somehow.
7. Android P Beta program is a joke.

I did not like the experience overall. The device is fast, no doubt about that and the software is customizable, but still lacks something that truly makes it shine. This is a pure muscle device. The reviewers won't tell you this. Basically, you're buying a OnePlus 6, expect it to be that way. Don't expect major improvements in software and expect it to get better with time (Bugs, however, have been solved in the latest update).

Is it worth 35K? YES!

Would I skip this and wait for the next one? A BIGGER YES!

Feel free to disagree with me.
Old 22nd June 2018, 13:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got the OnePlus 6 from the OnePlus online store?

The 128 GB variant is available only in white on Amazon, forcing me to order the midnight black one from the OnePlus store. However, their estimated delivery date is 29 June - 7 days from today! I feel that's a lil too long by today's online shopping standards.
Old 24th June 2018, 13:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
The 128 GB variant is available only in white on Amazon, forcing me to order the midnight black one from the OnePlus store. However, their estimated delivery date is 29 June - 7 days from today! I feel that's a lil too long by today's online shopping standards.
Highly dependent upon where you are situated. I would suggest you to go ahead with Amazon if the colour isn't a compulsion. Oneplus store generally tends to have longer delivery timelines because they use commercially available delivery partners, unlike Amazon, which has its own logistics division. I purchased a Oneplus 3 a while ago from Oneplus store. I didn't get the freebies, the free insurance and my package was in bad shape because commercial deliveries handle it rough unless labelled fragile (which it was not). Go with Amazon.
Old 25th June 2018, 11:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Highly dependent upon where you are situated....
Looks like they've improved their logistics! I'm based in Vellore, TN. Ordered on Friday afternoon and received the courier today (Monday) morning. Packaging was excellent.

However, their tracking system still hasn't updated the status, which is stuck at 'yet to be dispatched'!!
Old 25th June 2018, 22:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Looks like they've improved their logistics! I'm based in Vellore, TN. Ordered on Friday afternoon and received the courier today (Monday) morning. Packaging was excellent.

However, their tracking system still hasn't updated the status, which is stuck at 'yet to be dispatched'!!
Haha. Good to know that. Be sure to claim your free insurance and/or any freebies (visit Amazon t&c for all freebies). Of course, the logistics were bound to improve since I ordered a OP 3, must have been around 2 years ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks