Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2011, 12:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dual Sim Card Mobiles

Micromax is the worst of all on customer service front. The mobile I purchased model:Q5, had some problems with camera. I gave for repairs. The authorised service centre in Rajajinagar, Bangalore informed me after a week that they need to replace the mobile with new one. This happened in Dec 2nd week. But till now, I have not received the replacement mobile. It is already >3 months. I tried calling up Micromax office in Gurgoan. The response is they asked me to contact the service centre.

DO NOT GO FOR MICROMAX. THEY HAVE A USELESS CUSTOMER SUPPORT & SERVICE
Old 28th March 2011, 00:50   #107
BHPian

Try Samsung 3212i. Price - 3.5K

Good Battery Life, Both SIM are active at the same time i.e, If someone calls to one SIM whileyou are chatting on other you will hear beeps and can switch over between callers.

But ease of use compared to Nokia is bad. Maybe I'm used to Nokia UI, it makes everything look so easy.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:17   #108
BHPian

Bought a Motorola EX115. Liked the display but navigation through the menus is rather slow.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Best is to go for the Samsung GURU mobiles
Old 28th March 2011, 19:50   #110
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys here's my 1 paise on dual-sim phones. Please do not waste your time on chinese phones...they are utter crap! I was on the lookout for a daily use dual-sim phone, as it was a pain to carry two phones all the time. Not to mention charging issues. I normally use a Samsung Galaxy S, which requires daily charging (or more) and a pain to use especially while traveling. My main criteria were dual-sim, huge battery back-up and torchlight, all extremely essential when traveling.

Regarding Samsung Guru, I picked up a Guru Dual 35 (Rs. 2,900) and within a week the d-pad gave up. Otherwise a brilliant little phone. The only drawback was that it was not dual-standby, which means when you are 'using' one sim, the other card shows as switched-off.

I returned the Samsung to the store and spent a little more and got an LG GX300 (Rs.4800). This is a dual-standby, which means you will get incoming calls when using either sim. Now this is a brilliant little beauty, which has a decent 2mp cam with flash and torchlight (very important to me). The BEST part of it is it comes with a 1500Mah battery, which easily lasts a few days on full charge!! Also the phone is a little biggish, which according to me is a major plus while handling. This phone not only does everything right, it looks like a much more expensive phone. Comes with a 2gb card as well. I definitely recommend this phone to people who are on the lookout for a dual-sim handset. Btw, please get a hands on feel of the phone in the store, pictures do not do justice to it.

LG GX300 pictures, official photos

Last edited by NIP : 28th March 2011 at 19:54.
Old 29th March 2011, 02:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

^^^Seems you are confusing dual stand-by with dual active phones. The former means exactly that - both numbers will be on the air until you get a call on one. That is when a caller on the other number will get a number not reachable message. In the latter, the 2nd number will also be able to receive calls when one is on a call... and you should be able to switch.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:06   #112
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Seems you are confusing dual stand-by with dual active phones. The former means exactly that - both numbers will be on the air until you get a call on one. That is when a caller on the other number will get a number not reachable message. In the latter, the 2nd number will also be able to receive calls when one is on a call... and you should be able to switch.
Yea sorry...thats what I meant to say on the LG phone...
Old 15th October 2011, 22:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

I am using the cheap dual phone with all the facilities of an PDF.It is LAVA A1. I did not find any problem with it. It is better than some branded ones.I receive from both SIMS.For the price of 4500 it is a great touch screen phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks