Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 10:02   #3391
BANNED

re: The Online Shopping Thread

Hello,

Has anyone ordered the 3M Large Car Care Kit?

How is it? Amazon is currently selling it at ₹1300 when compared to Flipkart - ₹1700 and Snapdeal ₹1285.

I am thinking to get one.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th June 2015 at 10:04.
Old 12th June 2015, 10:07   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo 1.5L GT TDI - Bay6 Downpipe & Code6 Remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You didn't answer this one:
Did the dealer use sufficient bubble wraps/foam peanuts and pack it in a sufficiently rigid cardboard box?
You having no issues or India Post not damaging the consignments you have received doesn't set the standard for India Post. You didn't say anything about items worth Rs.7000/- stolen by India Post?
Old 12th June 2015, 10:20   #3393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
You having no issues or India Post not damaging the consignments you have received doesn't set the standard for India Post.
Relax Sankar. There's no reason to get worked up! I wasn't supporting India Post for the favors they did, if that's what you felt.

I understand you've had issues with India Post before. If some of my consignments landed the same way as yours (getting stolen, damage during transit), I would have been equally frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
You didn't say anything about items worth Rs.7000/- stolen by India Post?
You said India Post closed that complaint. Other than expressing my sympathies, how would that help a case which is old and closed? In this one, I am wondering if the seller shipped the duct by packaging it properly which I genuinely doubt, thus the query. If they didn't, you should take up the case with him. I believe, the duct would have reached you in one piece if the dealer packed and labeled it well. Perhaps, your box would have been handled differently by the transporters if they noticed those labels outside the box.

Here's how the dealer shipped two of my consignments - inflator (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump), tail lights. The dealer has an added responsibility of packing the items properly before dispatch (other than meeting the shipping deadlines or meeting the commitment of just shipping the item). That is my point.

Moved the posts here instead of cluttering your thread with OT posts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 10:32.
Old 12th June 2015, 10:25   #3394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello,

Has anyone ordered the 3M Large Car Care Kit?

How is it? Amazon is currently selling it at ₹1300 when compared to Flipkart - ₹1700 and Snapdeal ₹1285.

I am thinking to get one.
I have not ordered this.

But you can purchase the individual items separately from Amazon else if you require all the 5 bundled products in it, go for it. It saves you Rs 87/- over the price of individual items ordered separately. I personally do not like their Car Shampoo and the liquid Wax they are throwing in the bundle. Rest of the items are very VFM.
Old 12th June 2015, 12:03   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Relax Sankar. There's no reason to get worked up!
I am not getting worked up. From my experience the India post have messed up my parcels regardless of how well it has been packed. They even went to the lengths of stuffing in a book in place of the LEDs they took.

This package was also semi opened when i received it.

Quote:
You said India Post closed that complaint. Other than expressing my sympathies, how would that help a case which is old and closed?
It is not to help the cause but to let you know my past experience with the same carrier. My packages getting damaged/lost by India Post and yours getting delivered properly shows the lack of quality of service across their network. From my experience i would call them as unreliable and thieving.

The way they closed the case shows their attitude.

Quote:
Here's how the dealer shipped two of my consignments - inflator (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump), tail lights. The dealer has an added responsibility of packing the items properly before dispatch (other than meeting the shipping deadlines or meeting the commitment of just shipping the item). That is my point.
I have had my share of consignments come through India Post and some of the high value (above Rs5000/-) larger packages were; H&R springs, Momo steering wheel, BMC CDA air box, BMC OTA air box and Philips Amber LED. Low value that were lost/partially lost include silicone connectors and key chains.

Of the high value items apart from BMC OTA and Momo steering wheel other packages were damaged and one was stolen. Of the delivered packages the cartons looked like what you have shared in your post, but they were out of shape and partially open. BMC CDA fitting accessory was damaged, in the case of H&R springs the package was fully open but springs were OK, because they were springs.

Quote:
Moved the posts here instead of cluttering your thread with OT posts.
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Last edited by Sankar : 12th June 2015 at 12:04.
Old 12th June 2015, 19:08   #3396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
...I've seen my share of crap at B&M stores too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Don't we?......
Well, I guess you'll have to pardon my ignorance then.

I know anything one pays for a 'home delivery' product is technically an advance (B&M store or not), but I've never been in a situation with a B&M where I had to demand a refund because the dealer claimed no stock after he took my money. I did need to exchange an LCD TV once the same day as purchased, but the dealer just gave me another one from his store stock immediately.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th June 2015 at 19:13.
Old 14th June 2015, 02:02   #3397
Distinguished - BHPian

Further Complications/Expence when buying from Abroad

Came across this on a hifi forum

Are you making a payment to a non resident?

(Live Mint)

Quote:
Do you download software, songs, or movies from the Internet from foreign websites, making payments through Netbanking or credit card? Do you buy goods such as books from global websites, such as eBay Global EasyBuy or Amazon.com? These transactions, along with many others, could now be financially hazardous for you, beginning 1 June 2015. A couple of amendments made in the last budget, which come into effect from 1 June 2015, are likely to cause this problem.

Full Article At Live Mint
Also, just buying some herb/supplement stuff from iherb.com, USA (plug: the service is good, and DHL gets the stuff here very quickly. Only thing is to make sure to check local prices and availability before buying, but you probably know that already. Also, you might think all this stuff is crap anyway: a lot of it is )

Here's from the Shopping-Cart Checkout page.
Quote:
Please note: India has revised some of its B2C and B2B import regulations and processes.

Once you have placed your order at iherb, you need to upload Know Your Customer (KYC) documents (Government recognized identify and address proof) at the website: www.dhlindia-kyc.com. These documents are required by Customs for shipment clearance. Import clearance cannot start unless Consignees' KYC documents and Authorization Letter (POA) are uploaded by the consignee at the website above.

The types of documents required for Individuals or Companies are:

For Individuals: Consignee’s KYC documents such as Passport / Voter ID / Driver’s License / PAN (Permanent Account Number) and Authorization Letter (POA)
For Companies: Company’s IEC (Import & Export Certificate), KYC (Know Your Customer) Documents and Authorization Letter

The email address and mobile phone number you will be using for your iHerb order will be used to access the DHL KYC web portal.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th June 2015 at 02:04.
Old 14th June 2015, 03:06   #3398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...Don't we? Do we know of any instance where a B&M store was forced to compensate (over and above refunding booking money) a customer for cancelling an order? As far as I know it is the law, unless exclusions are specifically negotiated and written into the contract to sell.
I guess schools have just started & many here will relate with this analogy :

I run a garment company that also sells school uniforms. If I took orders & arbitrarily cancelled them in the last minute when kids needed them (After keeping the money for, say, 10 days), I don't think customers/parents will consider it my 'right' to cancel the order.

I've an air ticket that I booked a month ago, if the airline leaves me stranded at the last minute, don't they have to arrange for an alternate flight?

Btw, I too have burned my hands with Amazon where the delivery guy went to get the bill from his van & never returned! Same day I got an E-Mail saying items were "Undeliverable due to Unspecified reasons"!

Putting me back to square one after 10 days of waiting! & Not a single hint of genuine regret from them.

Genuinely felt irritated, but knowing those cold hearted fellows hide behind their AC call centres were apathetic, I didn't bother trying to reach them.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 14th June 2015 at 03:09.
Old 14th June 2015, 13:23   #3399
BHPian

I had a bad experience recently with an order on Paytm and thought of sharing here. I had placed an order for Sony earphones, as they were available on Paytm for nearly half the price mentioned on other popular sites. After receiving the package, I opened it eagerly. However, as soon as I opened the package my eagerness turned to apprehenion as the quality of packaging looked sub-standard and definitely did not look like a Sony product. Unpacked it fully and was disappointed to see the product. The quality of plastic and finishing was very dubious. The package mentioned that it is "For China market only". There was no label for MRP in rupees. Sound quality in earphones was poor. A few other points further pointed to this being a fake imitation.

Initiated a return and was accepted by Paytm. However, amount refunded is in the form of Paytm wallet money. It is not refunded back to your bank account, and I can spend it only on Paytm.com or other sites which accept Paytm wallet payment.

Lessons learnt: Beware of such fake sellers on online sites, whether it is Flipkart, amazon or Paytm. Check for feedback on not just the product but also the seller and avoid sites which don't provide feedback on seller. Check the return policy. Don't fall for big discounts - there might be something fishy.

PS: Just checked the 3M microfibre cloth on amazon yestreday and some customers have reported getting fake products while some are very happy, depending on the seller chosen, i guess. So thought this might be relevant to t-bhpians in general.
Old 14th June 2015, 16:21   #3400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
PS: Just checked the 3M microfibre cloth on amazon yestreday and some customers have reported getting fake products while some are very happy, depending on the seller chosen, i guess. So thought this might be relevant to t-bhpians in general.
i wonder how they knew the difference? This often strikes me about the danger of fake goods. When the faking is amateur, the packaging cheap, badly printed, mis-spelt, etc, it may be easy, but as faking is big business it may, in fact, be done very skilfully.

Also, the cloths might work. They might work well. I have some dirt-cheap microfibre that does its job just fine. Of course, I would not be very happy if somebody had sewn "3m" labels on it and sold it at ten times the price! But it is still hard to know how I would detect that.

By the way, with microfibre, I find the difference is in the details like good and neat hemming of the edges. High cost is not necessary (look at the e-cloths site, I think they pioneered the stuff, if you want high-cost cloths!). I have a lovely triple-thick polishing cloth that I picked up for a couple of pounds in a UK cheapo store: I wish I'd bought five!
Old 14th June 2015, 18:04   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Initiated a return and was accepted by Paytm. However, amount refunded is in the form of Paytm wallet money. It is not refunded back to your bank account, and I can spend it only on Paytm.com or other sites which accept Paytm wallet payment.
If you paid the full amount via credit/debit card transaction, ask them to refund to the card and they will do so. Just raise a ticket with them.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:13   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Aren't all Fulfilled by Amazon orders shipped through Amazon Transportation Services?

My order for a Nillkin Tempered Glass that was Fulfilled by Amazon was shipped through Aramex!
Old 14th June 2015, 22:48   #3403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Aren't all Fulfilled by Amazon orders shipped through Amazon Transportation Services? My order for a Nillkin Tempered Glass that was Fulfilled by Amazon was shipped through Aramex!
I too have noticed a shift - at times Amazon Fulfilled orders are shipped via couriers like your case, and twice my orders were sent through good ol' Indian Post! In all cases, the delivery time and experience was normal.

From the little ordering I've done recently, I see a trend that any paid deliveries (i.e. 1 day/2 day shipping) is done through Amazon's own ATS, and for standard/free shipping it varies.

One can wonder whether its just a volume/logistics issue (more likely option)), or is this a subtle play towards encouraging us to opt towards 1-day/2-day deliveries, once the non-Amazon partners start dropping the ball on delivery experience (conspiracy theory option ).
Old 14th June 2015, 23:07   #3404
Senior - BHPian

http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custome...deId=201335240

They use Bluedart, Fedex, Aramex etc - even the Indian postal service (possibly to district / rural locations that the big couriers don't serve)
Old 15th June 2015, 09:13   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
One can wonder whether its just a volume/logistics issue (more likely option)), or is this a subtle play towards encouraging us to opt towards 1-day/2-day deliveries, once the non-Amazon partners start dropping the ball on delivery experience (conspiracy theory option ).
My guess is that the one day/two day options are where they are staking their reputation on, and hence would like to exercise complete operational control on - so they aren't outsourcing those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks