Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 14:38   #5686
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm looking for a high capacity powerbank 10,000Mah or even more

I had purchased a couple of AData 10,000mah powerbanks and they are not working properly and I'm sorely disappointed with this brand

Any suggestions and deals around?
How about the Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i 10,000 Mah for Rs. 799 or the 20,000 Mah for Rs. 1,499. The 10,000 Mah one comes with Dual USB output.

10,000 Mah one : http://m.buy.mi.com/in/item/31743000...300006#product

20,000 Mah one : http://m.buy.mi.com/in/item/31743000..._id=3174300005

These are similar to regular Xiaomi power banks. The price is cheaper due to 'Make in India'
Old 21st November 2017, 15:03   #5687
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post
How about the Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i 10,000 Mah for Rs. 799 or the 20,000 Mah for Rs. 1,499. The 10,000 Mah one comes with Dual USB output.

10,000 Mah one : http://m.buy.mi.com/in/item/31743000...300006#product

These are similar to regular Xiaomi power banks. The price is cheaper due to 'Make in India'
They seem good but I'm not sure how they have made it cheaper now. I have the 10000 mah power bank 2 which was sold was 999 in sales (1199 usually) and it is made in noida by the same HiPad Tech.

I was actually about to buy another one 2 days back, but then cancelled it thinking there might be another sale. Lucky me
Old 21st November 2017, 17:39   #5688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Charger View Post

Thanks!

20,000mah makes sense since i already have 2 10,000mah which work on and off so I would rather buy the 20,000 one and be done with it

Just hope these made in India versions work well and last at least a year
Old 21st November 2017, 20:52   #5689
BHPian

How long does the status "Depart From Original Country" show up at Aliexpress? It has been showing that status ever since 15th Nov. Is that normal?
Old 21st November 2017, 20:55   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
How long does the status "Depart From Original Country" show up at Aliexpress? It has been showing that status ever since 15th Nov. Is that normal?
Not more than a few days. My order was delivered in 21 days. Product was intact and as described.
Old 21st November 2017, 22:47   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
You won't get tracking info once it leaves the country of origin for India. I have an item despatched on 18th Nov and I won't know of its whereabouts till it is delivered, between Nov 29th and Dec 9th.
Old 21st November 2017, 22:55   #5692
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm still a beginner at China shopping, but my first order, China Registered Post, was trackable on the India Post site once it reached this country.

My second order, Hong Kong registered, has been showing on the Hong Kong Post as not even despatched yet... I wonder how that works! How do they know about something that has not even been posted yet?
Old 21st November 2017, 23:24   #5693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My second order, Hong Kong registered, has been showing on the Hong Kong Post as not even despatched yet... I wonder how that works! How do they know about something that has not even been posted yet?
If you brought it through AliExpress, then there are two possibilities:
1. The pickup request would have been done by the warehouse in which your product is in, but it would be waiting to be picked up by the mailman. This happens when the load is high and they schedule batch pickups.

2. Most items on AE are in China. If you choose anything other than China post, then the product would have two segments of travel. In some cases, until your product reaches HK Post central sorting unit, it will still show as not dispatched and only when the item is sent out of HK, it will show as dispatched. This happens with HK Post, Singapore post, PostNL etc.

Quote:
From China it takes around ten days to reach Indian shores, usually Kolkata or Chennai and in rare cases Mumbai, Delhi. You can track it locally through the India post website for much more detailed updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
You won't get tracking info once it leaves the country of origin for India. I have an item despatched on 18th Nov and I won't know of its whereabouts till it is delivered, between Nov 29th and Dec 9th.
Are you referring to registered post or unregistered post? Registered post is traceable till your doorstep, except that the final delivery notification is updated with a delay. It can also be tracked through third party sites like 17track.net.
I currently have eight consignments coming from the China and are coming through various carriers from CN Post, SG Post and Gati. Hence, I use 17track to keep all the status consolidated.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd November 2017 at 12:55.
Old 22nd November 2017, 00:52   #5694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you brought it through AliExpress, then there are two possibilities: ...
Thanks, audioholic, yes it is from aliexpress. I think that Hong Kong reg post was the only option. It is two items from Neewer, the photo product people.
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:07   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
I currently have eight consignments coming from the China and are coming through various carriers from CN Post, SG Post and Gati. Hence, I use 17track to keep all the status consolidated.
Even I have 8 consignments from China out of which 2 are yet to be picked up by Airline, 1 reached India (awaiting custom clearance) and the rest in Transit.
With Aliexpress, one has to choose the right shipping mode which is traceable. Singapore Post or Aliexpress shipping which is the fastest route for delivery.
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:03   #5696
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like someone did a lot of shopping on the 11.11 sale. I have 14 items coming in ( Petty items for Me, wife & daughters).
This time I planned & purchased in batches, thus making full use of my $2 & $5 coupons. Last year I could utilise just 1, as I purchased all the items together.
Lousy people have a Black Friday sale coming up too and I can't keep my eyes off the app now.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 22nd November 2017 at 12:56.
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:51   #5697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Looks like someone did a lot of shopping on the 11.11 sale. I have 14 items coming in ( Petty items for Me, wife & daughters).
Lousy people have a Black Friday sale coming up too and I can't keep my eyes off the app now.
No Actually, I brought no item on 11.11. Simply because I had many items in my cart for some days which did not show much of a price change on 11.11. Maximum was around 10% off on a 6$ item, which hardly made sense. Hence I did not buy anything on that day and most of my purchases were made before or after that.

These days, I am shopping more on AliExpress than the local sites, mostly for petty stuff ranging from phone covers, screen guards to some car accessories etc. The same products are imported by retailers here and sold at a hefty premium. For example, I brought what is the most thinnest case for my iPhone for 2$, and the same thing here is sold minimum for Rs. 999. Hence, it makes no sense to buy the same stuff here for a premium, unless you want the product quickly.
Old 25th November 2017, 13:08   #5698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
A camera package from Aliexpress is stuck at Customs Kolkata for the past 8 days. In my entire Aliexpress shopping history, I have never seen a package take this long for customs clearance.

Anybody else facing similar delays lately?
Finally got the camera, after being stuck at customs for around 10 days. During this time, I was reading up the customs duty rates and found out video camera recorders only attract about a 10% duty. Not every product is under the new 40% duty ambit.
Old 25th November 2017, 13:34   #5699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar101 View Post
I want to buy a Nvida GTX 1060 Graphics, Amazon is just too damn expensive, Flipkart and Snapdeal dont have what I want.

Can order from one of the following instead: mdcomputers, primeabgb or IT depot

Thing is I've never ordered from any of these companies before. Anyone advise on above are they OK to deal with in terms of customer service, returns, refunds etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I have never ordered from either of them directly, but primeabgb is a reputed seller AFAIK, and is also a seller on flipkart/amazon.
Bought a SSD from flipkart which was actually supplied by primeabgb.
Just recalled this post when I bought a graphics card directly today from mdcomputers.
Their physical store is in Kolkata itself, so I expect a fast delivery as well some assurance in case of warranty claims etc.
Old 25th November 2017, 14:54   #5700
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered a set of Stanley cold chisels on Oct 10th. I had just returned a set of Chinesium "hardened steel" chisels/punches as they were as soft as cake, and wanted a quick replacement. It didn't work out that way.

I don't know if I realised, when making the order, that that this was an imported item, but it was and it seems to have stuck in customs. Last week, I told the sellers that I had had enough waiting and wanted a refund. They promised delivery by 20th November, so I kept quiet for a few more days. It had not arrived by 22nd, so demanded a refund.

Glad to say that Amazon/seller processed this quickly and the money should be on its way to my account.

Reordered what I hope will turn out to be the same item, now available from a local hardware supplier at less than half the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks