Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 17:56   #691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Seeing lot of complaints in the previous posts on ebay. Indeed they have become shoddy. Is it a case of too many (dubious) sellers?
Looks like there are too many sellers now- obviously they can't micro manage. But they are still actively supporting the costumers incase of issues, and that's a good sign.
Old 14th August 2013, 21:26   #692
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Story Of flip kart shipping so far . They took Just 20 minutes to move a item from chennai to Bangalore .

Customer care guy looked in independence mode . Guy was sitting in bangalore but didn't know the distance between chennai and B,lore . After poking at fun me that must due to Super fast transport , Bang down my phone without bothering . tomorrow being holiday , I must wait another frustrating day waiting for something which is just with in 50 KM radius of my house.

Who said Indian E-commerce Industry has come of age ?

The Online Shopping Thread-fff.jpg
Old 14th August 2013, 21:32   #693
Team-BHP Support

Hey, you're not being fair to FK are you ?

An order on 12th delivered on 16th with a national holiday in between seems good enough. Although I understand your anxiety, their overall turn around time is what should matter.
Old 14th August 2013, 21:50   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Story Of flip kart shipping so far . They took Just 20 minutes to move a item from chennai to Bangalore .

Customer care guy looked in independence mode . Guy was sitting in bangalore but didn't know the distance between chennai and B,lore . After poking at fun me that must due to Super fast transport , Bang down my phone without bothering . tomorrow being holiday , I must wait another frustrating day waiting for something which is just with in 50 KM radius of my house.

Who said Indian E-commerce Industry has come of age ?

Attachment 1125242
Sushil, It was in transit (on the way) to Bangalore and not received at Bangalore as you have thought.

I see, the seller is not WS Retail (Flipkart).

Last edited by CRV2010 : 14th August 2013 at 21:51.
Old 14th August 2013, 22:29   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hey, you're not being fair to FK are you ?

An order on 12th delivered on 16th with a national holiday in between seems good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Sushil, It was in transit (on the way) to Bangalore and not received at Bangalore as you have thought.
I see, the seller is not WS Retail (Flipkart).
Hey Eddy ,
Where Did i complained in first place .

I was just trying to portray the tactics Used to delay a shipment. Pls see the Shipping transactions for First day . It got shipped from chennai on 12th Aug at 8:07 Pm ,Received at their sort facility in 14 min and In next 19 Minutes , it travelled a distance of approx 300 - 400 Kms (assumption) from chennai to bangalore . What prompted this post was the attitude of their customer care officer per se whom "they use Some NASA developed rockets to transport shipments from B,lore to chennai in 20 min". The order was placed on 11 Aug (sunday).

Yes , Seller is somebody else. I am OK with waiting for another 3 days as well But i don't like a customer care guy poking fun at me and then banging down the phone & to top it up he called himself as "syde".

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 14th August 2013 at 22:31.
Old 14th August 2013, 22:40   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Eddy ,
It got shipped from chennai on 12th Aug at 8:07 Pm ,Received at their sort facility in 14 min and In next 19 Minutes , it travelled a distance of approx 300 - 400 Kms (assumption) from chennai to bangalore . What prompted this post was the attitude of their customer care officer per se whom "they use Some NASA developed rockets to transport shipments from B,lore to chennai in 20 min". The order was placed on 11 Aug (sunday).
Sushil again :-), The tracking never says they received the shipment in Bangalore. They have just sent to Bangalore and the same was received in Bangalore Hub next day 3:40 PM
Old 14th August 2013, 22:43   #697
BHPian

^^oops yes. my apologies but why send a shipment destined to noida from chennai to bangalore first . it just increases costs for them .
Old 15th August 2013, 00:38   #698
BHPian

Guys, how's myntra.com? They have some nice deals going on every day. I've searched for some feedback but mixed bag. Also tried to place an order but check out screen is not proceeding further.
Old 15th August 2013, 08:17   #699
BHPian

Quote:
^^oops yes. my apologies but why send a shipment destined to noida from chennai to bangalore first . it just increases costs for them .
I think your are not being fair to Flipkart.

1. The item did not reach Bangalore from Chennai in 20 minutes. It took 7 hours. The only thing that happened in those 20 minutes was that the item was received at the Chennai Facility, Sorted, Marked and then loaded on the Mode of Transportation destined for Bangalore. You can see that the item reached Bangalore at 3:40 PM.

2. As for increasing costs, I think you are wrong. Flipkart is headquartered in Bangalore, so they might have a huge hub there and it might be cheaper for them to ship from there compared to Chennai since it will give give them the advantage of economies of scale which will be absent in Chennai.

Since Flipkart has now become a Marketplace it's not feasible for them to directly transport the item from the shipper's place to the buyer's place. It will lead not only huge shipping costs but will be a logistical nightmare. Their best bet is to transfer the item to their nearest transportation hub and then sort and ship from there.
Old 15th August 2013, 08:35   #700
BHPian

Sajjt, I have had great experience with myntra.com. Have ordered number of things including shoes, sandals, trackpants and T shirts and they have never failed. Their discounted deals are simply wow, and they incentivise shoppoing by giving cashback coupons as well.
Old 15th August 2013, 09:09   #701
Senior - BHPian

second aroop with regards to myntra. I think they are the best online seller in India, alongwith jabong. Very attractive prices and speedy service. They have even left behind the likes of Flipkart when it comes to quality of service.
Old 15th August 2013, 11:35   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
second aroop with regards to myntra. I think they are the best online seller in India, alongwith jabong. Very attractive prices and speedy service. They have even left behind the likes of Flipkart when it comes to quality of service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
Sajjt, I have had great experience with myntra.com. Have ordered number of things including shoes, sandals, trackpants and T shirts and they have never failed. Their discounted deals are simply wow, and they incentivise shoppoing by giving cashback coupons as well.
Thanks to both of you, yeah, myntra always have some mouth watering deals where other portals never dare to offer

Any suggestions for the issue am facing when placing the order? My cart is showing the items but I can't proceed further, next step is place the order but its not working once I click, system is not responding with their server afterwards and waiting for indefinitely for the payment gateway screen and nothing happens even the server time out message
Old 15th August 2013, 12:38   #703
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart does not ship out products directly. Sometimes they have to wait for a vendor to either send directly or in most cases send it to them and then again ship out. So most of the times are tentative. Even lenskart operates this way.
Best is to get the tracking number and follow up with the logistics. I know its a bit primitive, yet it will tell you almost exactly where your order is.
I know this as I have received requests from one of them to ship out some brands.
I stopped doing this after dealing with Fashion&You and am planning to go direct.

Last edited by noopster : 15th August 2013 at 17:27. Reason: Mod Note: please use Flipkart instead of FK. Makes it easier to search thanks!
Old 15th August 2013, 16:25   #704
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using bigbasket for grocery shopping ?

How is the experience ? Are the prices competitive ?

Rohan
Old 15th August 2013, 16:35   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
... Best is to get the tracking number and follow up with the logistics. I know its a bit primitive, yet it will tell you almost exactly where your order is. ...
Well, well, well! I wish things were that simple in India. India being India, the onus of 'tracking' is simply passed on to the customer in most cases.

1. I sent a packet to Delhi from Bangalore via DTDC on Sat Aug 10 morning. Should have been delivered by Mon Aug 12 eve. Since Monday morning 1030, the tracking showed "Out for Delivery", even at 2000 Monday night. No delivery!
- On Tue morning I started following up, tracing with the Docket No. telephonically till I reached the extension office nearest to the delivery address, and finally to the guy who was supposed to deliver it - and he says he doesn't have that packet!!!
- Back to the extension office, where someone says we don't deliver it - a Franchisee does. Yet the morning person was sure it had gone for delivery, and had given the delivery person's mobile number. Wow.
- Call up Franchisee, and he says he has the packet since Monday afternoon, but as the address doesn't fall in his routes, he has been waiting to return the packet to Delhi Distribution HO saying Wrong Routing
- I finally had to ask this dimwit what he would have done had he been in my place and I had sat on the packet for 1.5 days? Shoot me in the head, right, in typical Delhi style? Dawns on him that I am serious, so he calls his boss and complains about wrong routing, and the customer complaining
- Finally the boss, who realized the mistake, asks him to deliver even if it is not on their route. It still takes another 90 minutes to deliver to an address which was 300m away!!!

2. On Sunday Aug 11, I ordered 2 gifts (a bouquet of flowers, and a box of chocolates) to be delivered on someone's anniversary in Delhi, both on Gati Connect.
- Looked at shipping tracking against the order on Gati site, and it says "01 January 2000"
- Yesterday, on the Anniversary day, the person calls me to thank me for the flowers. No mention of the chocolates so I asked did you like the chocolates? "Chocolates, what chocolates?"
- Looked at shipping tracking again, and it still shows "01 January 2000" for both the items
- Called up Gati Customer Service. "Sir, could you please forward the order confirmation email to us? We will forward it to Head Office, and they will respond to you". A-ha, OK, so you don't have access to the Order details? "No, sir, we are from Customer Service, and we don't sell the products, HO handles that". The lady finally sensed that I am getting angrier by the minute, so she conferences someone from HO!
- "Sir please give me 5 minutes, I will get back to you", and I am losing hope. But, after 1 hour she calls to say "the Mumbai vendor goofed up and forgot to ship that, so we have cancelled the order on them and have asked our office in Delhi to procure it locally and deliver"
- It finally gets delivered 3 hours after that. At least it got delivered

Had I sat back and believed in the Tracking Systems, that packet would have come back to me probably next week, and the chocolate box would have made some delivery boy happy - again, next week!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks