Is it refurbished or factory seconds ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-sample_flipkart_image.jpg  

Old 28th June 2013, 22:53   #587
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I have a mostly positive experience with bigbasket. Have used their service many times. We were amonst the early shoppers so they gave us 10% off on each order last year. Delivery was after 1 or 2 days but I dont regard that as a problem really (as we were mostly ordering packaged stuff). veggies were also mostly fresh. Yes sometimes some stuff was missing but we always opted for CoD so it didnt matter. I can recommend them.

I was surprised to hear anything bad about BB. They have been excellent so far. I am a fan of these guys. Brilliant packaging. They deliver on time and its a breeze to search their website.

Yes, some of the items are a bit expensive that normal hypermarkets but the ease of getting everything at home is simply too much for me.

P.S. Note: I agree with you.
No problems so far. Yes, at odd times you may get an out of stock message for a product but that does not deter me from ordering almost every 10 days.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 28th June 2013 at 22:53. Reason: PS Note
Old 29th June 2013, 10:08   #588
Senior - BHPian

Ebay paisapay sure is good. Started buying stuff off ebay only this month and out of the 4 items i ordered, 2 had issues and both were immediately resolved by ebay

One seller did not ship item and tried to act smart. got refund.
One seller sent me stuff different from images shown in his ad. got refund.

Not bad at all
Old 29th June 2013, 16:18   #589
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a GPS receiver from Aliexpress.com. I received it after 25 days, no complaints except that they did'nt sent the bill due to customs issue and the product was marked as gift to save from customs. The buying experience was fuss-free, the only thing is the Air China tracking is hopeless.
Old 30th June 2013, 14:21   #590

Flipkart

Just received Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro ordered from flipkart. Must say, flipkart is the THE "Grand Daddy" for online shopping in India and has set high benchmarks. Am very pleased with the service and the deal

Got it for 14.4 K which is lower than elsewhere, online and brick & mortar

iCars
Old 30th June 2013, 23:24   #591
Team-BHP Support

Went to buy a pair of shoes today and walked into the Clarks exclusive showroom in Indiranagar.

My dad also wanted to buy and he selected a pair for 6K. I saw a nice pair I liked for 4K. Was almost going to buy both pairs but decided to quickly check prices online.

Flipkart had the exact same pair which I liked for 2K vs the 4K at the store. Dad's was not available online. Picked up dads pair and inside the store ordered mine from Flipkart as COD.
Old 1st July 2013, 04:18   #592
BHPian

NOTE: Need to buy one within this week with delivery before 30th July.
Can go for laptop as well if it fits requirements.

I am in the market for a ultrabook for my dad, who is a keyboard warrior with MS office. So I wouldn't want him to, nor would he appreciate changing how he uses the shortcuts and stuff.

Requirements:
i5 or i7
256GB SSD minimum
Excellent Warranty Support in India
Warranty extension available in India
Good battery life
Preferably backlit keyboard
Good screen resolution
Significant price difference between Indian and US prices
Good quality construction
Weight below 2kgs

Budget: 80k INR or $1350

So my question is, considering all that, would it be advisable to shift to MBA with Bootcamp?

Or should I just stick to something like Lenovo Yoga 13/X1/X230?

And finally, if its the latter, then besides the Lenovo, what options do I have?

Last edited by mjumrani : 1st July 2013 at 04:22.
Old 1st July 2013, 04:30   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
NOTE: Need to buy one within this week with delivery before 30th July.
Can go for laptop as well if it fits requirements.

I am in the market for a ultrabook for my dad, who is a keyboard warrior with MS office. So I wouldn't want him to, nor would he appreciate changing how he uses the shortcuts and stuff.

Requirements:
i5 or i7
256GB SSD minimum
Excellent Warranty Support in India
Warranty extension available in India
Good battery life
Preferably backlit keyboard
Good screen resolution
Significant price difference between Indian and US prices
Good quality construction
Weight below 2kgs

Budget: 80k INR or $1350

So my question is, considering all that, would it be advisable to shift to MBA with Bootcamp?

Or should I just stick to something like Lenovo Yoga 13/X1/X230?

And finally, if its the latter, then besides the Lenovo, what options do I have?
Wait for the new haswell processors or 4 gen core. Samsung, lenovo sony hp dell asus. Everyone will come out with better ultrabook designs.all day battery life. Touch screens too if youre into that.better boot up times.
Old 1st July 2013, 04:46   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post

Wait for the new haswell processors or 4 gen core. Samsung, lenovo sony hp dell asus. Everyone will come out with better ultrabook designs.all day battery life. Touch screens too if youre into that.better boot up times.
I really wish I could but can't wait that long due to limited time frame as not many people I know in US can get a laptop for me and the delivery has to be before/on 30th July max.
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:32   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Placed an order at Ebay.com (not .in) for a Cell Phone. The phone is shipped from Hongkong. I have been told it should get to me by 15-20 Business Days.

Any experiences of TBHPians buying from Ebay.com?
Self - Quote:

Got this delivered yesterday. The tracking though was not upto the mark. Impressed with the service. It was marked as a gift to get it cleared from customs. Saved a cool 6k!

On the other hand, my order on dx.com which was also 'supposed' to be delivered from Hong Kong is still not there. Got an email response saying if I can wait 10 more days, I will get it.
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:46   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Self - Quote:

On the other hand, my order on dx.com which was also 'supposed' to be delivered from Hong Kong is still not there. Got an email response saying if I can wait 10 more days, I will get it.
It is perfectly normal for DX goods to take 30-45 days to be delivered.
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:50   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
It is perfectly normal for DX goods to take 30-45 days to be delivered.
Yes, and I have passed the perfectly normal period buddy! I had ordered it on 15th May - Now 45th day in progress :(

The way I look at at now is that, if you can wait for things for 2 months, you might as well order from DX.com

I understand ebay is expensive than dx but the delivery dates like this are ridiculous. Or maybe I expect a lot
Old 6th July 2013, 00:54   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone heard about or used http://www.digitalmonster.com ? They are quoting insane prices on some of the cameras. The difference b/w them and other stores like Amazon, B&H etc. is as high as $600 for the higher end devices!
Old 13th July 2013, 21:09   #599
Senior - BHPian

Looks like i am going through a phase of bad luck with Online websites for automotive stuff.
1. I ordered Skoda rapid scuff plates (non-led) from ebay. Smooth delivery, but was sent Polo's by mistake. Seller admitted the mistake and I raised a guarantee claim and got a refund into my account.
2. Ordered Skoda Rapid 3d tray mats from Tradus.com. Took ages to arrive. Seller sends Fabia ones which are of much inferior quality and had stains compared to what was shown on the pictures. I raised a claim and refund process is underway. Tradus arranged to reverse pick up the defective order.
3. Ordered for Jopasu magic wipes (set of three) from "Carlounz".com. along with formula 1 glass cleaner and multi purpose spray. First order got cancelled and money refunded as they did'nt have the formula 1 product in stock. Re-raised an order. Just today, I got delivery of 1 no. jopasu magic wipe microfiber cloth, instead of the set of three. Sent photos and copy of invoice to them. They have promised to re-send the balance 2 MF cloths.

Been a harrowing experience so far. And I have been ordering online from various online sites like Ebay since about 10 years, Flipkart, Infibeam and others. Not once has such a thing ever happened with any online retailer. I guess luck ran out.

Out of the above, please do not buy from Tradus. They take ages to ship and have read a lot of bad reviews on mouth shut.com. Seems like they have plenty of unhappy customers. But their customer support was pretty responsive in my case.
I will use carlounz again. They are pretty professional in their approach and quick at resolving queries.

Last edited by hrman : 13th July 2013 at 21:12.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:30   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Out of the above, please do not buy from Tradus. They take ages to ship and have read a lot of bad reviews on mouth shut.com.
+1. I came here to post my experience with Tradus (Or, to pin point it, with a particular seller - Happiness )

This is the worst seller I have come across in my online purchase history.
Took 12 days from placing order to delivery, the packaging was very bad and the quality of the product is bad (it is a tumbling tank (toy for my kid) and it is almost ready to fall apart - not sure it will last even few days if I put the battery and make it tumble).

Tradus history shows order packed on 4th of July, but dispatched on 9th of July, which incidentally is the last day to fulfill the order as per Tradus guidelines.
The courier (Quantium) took 6 days to deliver it (The packet reached Bangalore on 12th, and they delivered this to me on 15th)
I will stay away from this seller, and my first transaction through Tradus left a very bad impression. A two thumbs down to this seller.

PS: Beware of seller ratings on Tradus. Any transaction where the user has not given a feedback is considered as a positive feedback. For this particular seller, the website was showing a score of 3.83 out of 5, based on 1105 transactions and "96.63% satisfied buyers in last 3 Months". In the details, the break up is like this - 3.86% positive, 92.77% no feedback and 3.37% negative.

Last edited by theexperthand : 15th July 2013 at 14:31.

Most Viewed