Old 31st July 2013, 10:51   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Ordered a Heat Resistant Spray paint from snapdeal
Will stay clear of sellers like these.
+1

I bought a Dual band router from snapdeal on 22nd July. Shipping date was on or before 25th July.

On 25th evening, I got an email "We'd like to inform you that due to certain unexpected circumstances, the above mentioned order will be delayed by 3 business days."

After that no reply. I contacted them yesterday and they replied "your order is getting delayed by a couple of days due to high demand from valuable customers such as you."

It has been nine days and still no sign (or date) of shipping.

My suggestion, snapdeal might be good for restaurant deals but not for products. Stay away.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:57   #617
BHPian

Amazon.com seems to be offering free shipping to India if the order value is worth 125$ or more. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I really want to pick up 3-4 things (music player, shoes, tees, macbook skin, home decals). Let me know what are the things that I shouldn't buy, in case of any custom hassles.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:01   #618
BHPian

I have bought sunglasses from lenskart on 29th of July and got the delivery on 30th July.
Mindblowing fast delivery through Bluedart, the product quality and packing is fantastic.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:07   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Amazon.com seems to be offering free shipping to India if the order value is worth 125$ or more. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I really want to pick up 3-4 things (music player, shoes, tees, macbook skin, home decals). Let me know what are the things that I shouldn't buy, in case of any custom hassles.
Can you share the link of the same
Old 31st July 2013, 13:33   #620
BHPian

There are sub clause on free shipping.

the total weight cannot exceed 20lbs ; the pdt needs to sold by amazon & should be eliglible for amzaon global shipping program.

you have to pay for import duties aswell.
Old 31st July 2013, 14:16   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I got an email. I am trying to fill my shopping basket. :-) Books seems to be the best bet - marketplace items are generally not covered it seems. They don't do fragile items either. Toys, electronics etc. aren't done. Outsized items - nope. And so on.

Also, avoid movies/TV DVDs as the customs guys usually have problems with these which aren't censored in India. Similarly banned books - like Rushdie's etc.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:21   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This is the crooked trick played by the local courier; I've this issue always (ALWAYS) from courier that FK uses.

First incident - They sent an SMS saying that the guy found our house locked. I know this is 100% white lie because, my Wife, kids & Mother were at home plus there's always someone at home.

Second incident - Those buggers left a missed call (half a ring) & this was on a Friday. I didn't call back either because I'm not good at astrology to predict that the call was from courier guys. Next day they call up & ask for directions. They conveniently say that, they'd called me up previous day & the call wasn't picked.

Third incident - They sent an SMS on a Friday stating the packet will be delivered by 7:00 PM; next day they come by evening & say that they were trying to find my house & they couldn't find out & hence returned back. I was in no mood to argue as why they hadn't called me.

So far, this hasn't happened at Snapdeal, Jabong & Amazon.in
I am still waiting for my goods to arrive. and right now i am going through the same things that you went through.

Sequence of events as on FK tracking system

Tue, 30th Jul - Out For Delivery

Tue, 30th Jul - Undelivered As Customer Not Available - LIARS

Wed, 31st Jul - Out For Delivery

Wed, 31st Jul - Undelivered due to Heavy Load

I have recd a sms with details of delivery person and i must have called him atleast 5 times yesterday but he just disconnects my call and has no courtesy to call back.

Today i recd sms saying "Delays expected due to over load"

I have lost all faith in FK and i am sure that i will not use their services ever again. Since this item is ordered on COD basis i am not panicking much as i haven't paid. Will come when it is meant to.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 1st August 2013 at 12:25.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:49   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My suggestion, snapdeal might be good for restaurant deals but not for products. Stay away.
+1 . I ordered blue Note 1 . Seller called me within 2 hours saying that Blue is not in stock & he can supply me white one with Blue flap cover and various combinations and permutations , which i refused.

He promised to arrange one and hangup. For next 4 days there was no word on delivery with status as "in Progress" . Worried called their useless customer care . Zilch results. Finally mailed them to cancel the order on 5th day.

Here they showed true colors by offering to refund whole of 23500 Rs As SD cash, which I again refused and requested for refund to my credit card.

Now they need 7-10 days for the refund. Until than my credit limit is blocked and i cannot do anything other than wait for 7 - 10 days to buy a new phone.

I am not going to touch them in whole life again .
Old 1st August 2013, 12:55   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I bought a Dual band router from snapdeal on 22nd July. Shipping date was on or before 25th July.
And they cancelled my order because of no stock (product still listed on their website).

What a waste of 10 days.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:23   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Good experience with Infibeam. Ordered the Nexus 4 from them on Sunday Morning and was delivered Wednesday morning. Tracking info online was accurate and the delivery person called me to check if someone was available at home.

Also came across this site http://www.pricedealsindia.com/ which seems to do a good job of comparing the prices across different sites. They also had a Rs 1000 discount voucher listed for Infibeam for purchase of Nexus 4. I did not expect it to work, but it worked perfectly and I got that Rs 1000 off.

Catch: If you use the voucher then u need to pay the processing fee if you opt for 6/9 month EMI.
Old 1st August 2013, 15:22   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Can you share the link of the same
Here's the link! http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...225901&ie=UTF8

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I got an email. I am trying to fill my shopping basket. :-) Books seems to be the best bet - marketplace items are generally not covered it seems. They don't do fragile items either. Toys, electronics etc. aren't done. Outsized items - nope. And so on.

Also, avoid movies/TV DVDs as the customs guys usually have problems with these which aren't censored in India. Similarly banned books - like Rushdie's etc.
Aaah! So that's the catch! Guess I'll have to wait for someone to come down from US!
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:29   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Used eBay after a long time( due to a poor experience long back) for a flip cover for my phone. Super-fast shipping: Placed the order at 3.30PM on 31st July (ships from Mumbai) and was delivered at my home in Bangalore by 1 pm on Aug 1st. The site did say delivery on Aug 1st, but did not really believe it would happen.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:33   #628
BHPian

Guys,

Any experience with http://www.fashos.com, Planning to get some things from them
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:48   #629
BHPian

Hi.

I read in Tools pages that www.infistock.com is very good, hence I ordered a rechargable Bosch screwdriver. Item was delivered on time but they charged me INR 3200, while searching for something else, I found the same model available on flipkart for INR 2700 with free home delivery. What a rip off.

Andy
Old 4th August 2013, 11:44   #630
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have only shopped through e-bay a few times - so I am unsure of the procedures.

I ordered an item from a seller through Paisa Pay. I got a mail from Ebay that's it's supposed to be shipped before 1st August and I will get it before 7th August. Then I got a mail that it's shipped. Yesterday the seller phoned me and asked me if I have received the item - I said not yet. He said there was a mixup and the item I ordered went to someone else & I was shipped someone else's order - so he said I shouldn't accept the courier when it comes.

Now if he reships his item, it mostly will not come before 7th August. So I am wondering if the order never arrives or a wrong item arrives again - will I be able to dispute if it arrives say on 10th August?

The item itself is just Rs. 250.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks