Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 18:16   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Is the seller 'Ws Retail' ?

I always check for this seller since they are the original Flipkart.
The other sellers may be less efficient.
Yup, it was WS Retail or Flipkart itself. When they mailed, they wrote of some transit issues and promised to get back to me with exact status of the shipment within 24 hours.
Old 6th December 2013, 19:21   #992
BHPian

Guys, need your help real quick. I am using Amazon.com for the first time. When giving my card details, it asked for the currency, after which the final rate was shown. Will it be the same or there would be some currency conversion charges applied.

I have used my CC with some US website and along with the amount of the goods, my bank would also levy some extra charges. So wanted to check if the same is the case if we shop from Amazon.
Old 6th December 2013, 20:23   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, need your help real quick. I am using Amazon.com for the first time. When giving my card details, it asked for the currency, after which the final rate was shown. Will it be the same or there would be some currency conversion charges applied.

I have used my CC with some US website and along with the amount of the goods, my bank would also levy some extra charges. So wanted to check if the same is the case if we shop from Amazon.
Yes, and there will be a hefty international shipping charge. Why don't you check if the same item is available on amazon.in?
Old 6th December 2013, 20:42   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes, and there will be a hefty international shipping charge. Why don't you check if the same item is available on amazon.in?
This is my order details. Will there be any extra charges levied by my bank?

The Online Shopping Thread-image1479562469.jpg
Old 6th December 2013, 20:56   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It seems those are the only bank charges. But, you might have to pay duty before collecting the package from the courier guy.
Old 6th December 2013, 21:00   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
It seems those are the only bank charges. But, you might have to pay duty before collecting the package from the courier guy.
Are you sure? Should i check with Amazon or the seller? I am a bit hesitant in going for eBay, as i have already faced some issues with it.
Amazon.in has those products i needed, but very costly at 5.5k
Old 6th December 2013, 21:10   #997
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit hesitant in going for eBay, as i have already faced some issues with it.
I feel most comfortable on eBay. I once I was sent fake item and eBay refunded the money.

If the item is available on Global Easy Buy of eBay, then the product is usually imported by their partner and shipped to you. No issues with customs.

Also check aliexpress.com it is reliable too. It's from yahoo.
Old 6th December 2013, 22:30   #998
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1175326
I suggest you go ahead with the purchase, I have ordered more than 20 items till date from Amazon. I never had to pay anything extra for the shipping or custom duty. However few times I even got refund from Amazon for charging more custom duty.
Old 6th December 2013, 22:50   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This appears to me is Amazon charging you in INR. So there is no foreign currency markup fee, or service tax on that. You should be good (except customs duty, that is not in your or Amazon's control).
Old 7th December 2013, 02:10   #1000
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1175326
Earlier when I had bought from Amazon, I had read somewhere that they wont charge you any more than the estimate they have given - which includes your duties. In case the estimate is more than the actualy customs duty, the remaining amount is refunded. I love amazon for this reason. their customer service is so good, and they issue refunds pretty fast.
Old 7th December 2013, 04:03   #1001
BHPian

Thanks everybody. I am buying the iPad digitizer, there are loads available in eBay and GeB, but not from power sellers and no reviews. Recently had a very good experience with Amazon.in and so decided to go with Amazon.com, most importantly the price is cheap when compared with eBay and Amazon.in
Will try aliexpress too if my needed product is available.
Old 7th December 2013, 07:34   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I suggest you go ahead with the purchase, I have ordered more than 20 items till date from Amazon. I never had to pay anything extra for the shipping or custom duty. However few times I even got refund from Amazon for charging more custom duty.
Probably it depends on the item. Amazon clearly carify that receiver has to pay the duty:
Quote:
The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
Source: About Customs, Duties & Taxes
Old 9th December 2013, 12:08   #1003
BHPian

Placed my order at Amazon and related parts with eBay. Now fingers crossed. Hope it goes through with no issues.
Old 9th December 2013, 19:01   #1004
BHPian

Google sale coming up ! http://www.gosf.in/
Old 9th December 2013, 19:24   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Google sale coming up ! http://www.gosf.in/
Thanks for the update.
I was excited the last year this came up as "cyber monday". Was quite a let-down.
Hope it's better this time!

Ace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks