Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post

What do you think?
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:12   #1473
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

What do you think?
Not sure Mayank!!, However I placed order for 3 of them opting for CoD.

Edit: Now it is showing 34990/-, but in my shopping cart it is still 390 * 3, lemme see how flipkart deals this.

Last edited by 2500cc : 23rd June 2014 at 16:18.
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:20   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart guys told it's due to website error. So they ain't selling it for INR 390 anymore
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:53   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Want to buy a Air-rifle for my children for target practice, any reliable online shop?
How old are your "children"? Air guns available in India are mostly adult models. Co2 powered guns suitable for kids at not available I think.

You can check out aimco.co.in or Olive planet. In
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:55   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure Mayank!!, However I placed order for 3 of them opting for CoD.

Edit: Now it is showing 34990/-, but in my shopping cart it is still 390 * 3, lemme see how flipkart deals this.

Did you get them at 390 each? I mean did FK honor their error
Old 24th June 2014, 10:33   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Did you get them at 390 each? I mean did FK honor their error
My order is still valid for 390/-, expected delivery by Saturday, no communication from Flipkart yet. Lemme see how it goes.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:28   #1478
BHPian

Has anyone lately bought anything from international sites and paid in foreign currency? I was thinking of ordering some small item from dx.com when I received this email from my Credit card issuing bank, advising to not enter into any such prohibited transactions. The content of email is quoted below.

Quote:
Dear Customer,

You may be aware, that as per the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) vide its circular dated 17 September 2013, overseas foreign exchange trading (including through electronic/internet trading portals) is prohibited under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.

Further, RBI has clarified that remittance in any form towards overseas foreign exchange trading through electronic/internet trading portals or by use of credit and debit cards is not permitted. RBI has also clarified that the existing regulations under FEMA, 1999 do not permit residents to trade in foreign exchange in domestic or overseas markets.
...In view of the above, you are strongly advised against entering into any such prohibited transaction through your card.
The link to the RBI circular is here: http://rbi.org.in/scripts/Notificati...Id=8427&Mode=0
Now my question is whether this rule is also applicable to transactions done in foreign currency on a consumer shopping portal? I mean, not something like global easy buy on ebay.in (where you pay in INR) but a pure dollar transaction.
Any legal/finance experts may please chip in.
Old 24th June 2014, 13:02   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Has anyone lately bought anything from international sites and paid in foreign currency?
Yes I have been shopping from international shopping sites including dx.com and used my india issued credit card. It works like a charm. I have not gone through the RBI circular, but never faced any issues. Its a good practice to use trusted sites and payment channels like paypal. I also like this concept of 'virtual credit card' wherein your actual credit card is not exposed and only a virtual card number with a predefined limit(set by you) is exposed on these sites. You can change the credit limit of these cards on the fly and that way it is a little less vulnerable.

But it always pays in being a little careful while using your cards in international sites.
Old 24th June 2014, 13:36   #1480
BHPian

Thanks Saikat. But the concern here is not the safety of my money wrt the merchant but the legal ramifications in light of this RBI circular. I don't want to get served any legal notice for an "illegal" international transaction.
Otherwise, I too have bought so many things using virtual credit cards and also through Paypal.
Old 24th June 2014, 14:13   #1481
BHPian

I dont think the above circular is applicable to online goods purchases. It seems to me that it is applicable for forex trading as in buying and selling foreign currency
Old 24th June 2014, 14:28   #1482
BHPian

Hi Team,

Just saw this thread and I would like to share the bad experience which I had gone through while shopping with Rediff Shopping.I ordered two batteries for Micromax A 116 Canvas HD from this site via online payment.I received two batteries in a week's time.One was for my wife's cell and one was for my cell.
The battery which was replaced in my wife's cell was working fine.But the one with me was not even giving a standby backup of 3-4 hours without call or data usage.

I complained to Rediff Customer care.To which they replied that I should send the new faulty battery to them along with the courier slip so that I could be given a pay order of that amount.Out of the curiosity , I took the pic of the same battery and couriered it to the vendor as advised by Rediff.

After two weeks time my wife receives the battery and when I checked that , with the pic to clear my doubt , I found that it was the same battery and serial number was the same.Furious, I immediately complaint to Rediff customer care and asked them what shall I do now ? The customer care representative told me that I shall file the refund and sent an email to their mail id citing the reason for the refund.

By this experience, I can say that still there are many loop holes in the online business and we should always try to be extra care full otherwise its better to buy from the neighborhood shops or showrooms.
Old 25th June 2014, 00:55   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
How old are your "children"? Air guns available in India are mostly adult models. Co2 powered guns suitable for kids at not available I think.

You can check out aimco.co.in or Olive planet. In
Thanks!
My cousin loaned me one, and that will do for now.

One advantage of doing target-practise outside my house with an air-gun was that I found no crows bothering us now. Earlier it used to be a big nuisance stealing food and with irritating caw's! Now it is peaceful!
Old 25th June 2014, 07:30   #1484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

Thanks!
My cousin loaned me one, and that will do for now.

One advantage of doing target-practise outside my house with an air-gun was that I found no crows bothering us now. Earlier it used to be a big nuisance stealing food and with irritating caw's! Now it is peaceful!
It's the noise of the gun that's probably scaring them away, yeah?
Old 25th June 2014, 11:09   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Flipkart guys told it's due to website error. So they ain't selling it for INR 390 anymore
It's ONLY in India they get away with such errors and excuses. I remember Dell having had to pay fines & credit vouchers to all the customers (in Taiwan) who bought flat panel displays which were published at very low prices due to human error. They just could NOT get away with any excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
...By this experience, I can say that still there are many loop holes in the online business and we should always try to be extra care full otherwise its better to buy from the neighborhood shops or showrooms.
So, in such cases, we should prefer a better seller / website where a customer can get refunds / better service. eBay / Amazon / Flipkart etc are much better in such cases.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th June 2014 at 11:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks