Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 19:55   #76
BHPian

Re: The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-9a62d786552a4418a581d301eb17955a.jpg

I grow more happy with this purchase everyday - the Keychron K1 (v4) with low profile blue gateron switches.
reihem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 21:55   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I hear that Logitech K480 key is noisy and sticky so thought of K380. The Logitech K380 and Logitech M590 Keyboard mouse combo also costs close to 5.5K. So was wondering if it is worth getting KM7120W.
I am not sure about the Dell model you are looking. But I became a fan of K380 after using it for a year and half now. I wrote about it in post #34 in this same thread. After I bought 2 (home and work) and started using it, 2 of my colleagues too liked it very much and they are now K380 users. I am sure if you are looking for a minimalist, silent, multi device keyboard look no further than a K380. It’s worth it.
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 20:55   #78
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a wireless keyboard/mouse combo? I am confused between Logitech MK295 and MK345.

The keyboard needs to be full-size and should offer good feedback. Please let me know if I should look for any other product.

I am looking for a normal techie workday use case. So, nothing fancy is needed. But it should do the job properly.
Old 29th September 2021, 21:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I grow more happy with this purchase everyday - the Keychron K1 (v4) with low profile blue gateron switches.
From where did you buy this and what was the cost?
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:13   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
From where did you buy this and what was the cost?
I bought this from the Keychron website directly, and shipped it to a friend in the US who brought it to India for me. It was 99 USD + shipping.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:05   #81
BHPian

I purchased the Keychron K2 V2 Aluminum with Gateron Red switches. Since I already owned another keyboard with Blue switches, I wanted to try out these reds due to their linear nature.
Attached Thumbnails
The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-img0671.jpg  

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-1.jpeg  

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-3.jpeg  

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 3rd October 2021 at 10:06.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 00:33   #82

I purchased the Logitech G-213. After a day’s use, i can happily report a very good first impression. It is mechanical-like membrane keyboard.. sort of best of both worlds! Good tactile feel keys with decent travel, and keys are silent and overall quality seems quite robust.

Although they sell it as a gaming keyboard, my use case is WFH and drafting documents. While researching i thought the RGB lighting is a gimmick but in reality it look very cool!
Attached Thumbnails
The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-e02b39e5521b499c8361ff386301d5eb.jpeg  

sidhnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 08:30   #83
BHPian

Issues with the Logitech MK270R wireless Keyboard+Mouse combo

Anybody using the Logitech MK270R wireless Keyboard+Mouse combo? I recently purchased one from Amazon, and it came in a banged up Logitech cardboard package wrapped in a thin plastic bag in the usual shoddy manner of Amazon.

The keyboard and mouse both seem to be unharmed, and are seemingly working fine. However, I have the following issues:

1. The receiver is installed in an USB 2 port on the right side of my laptop. This setup appears to somehow have disabled one of the two USB 3 ports on the left side of the laptop (this has been working fine till now)! Anyone else is familiar with such issues with Logitech wireless Keyboard+Mouse combos? I'm aware of possible interference with USB 3 from such wireless combos, but I'm puzzled why only one of the two adjacent USB 3 ports is affected, and not the other! Any solution to this problem, or do I have to learn to live with it?

2. The combo box comes with a Serial No. which is different from the ones on the keyboard or the mouse! And neither appears on the Amazon Invoice! I wonder whether or how an warranty claim can be made with Logitech in future under the circumstances! I know from previous personal experience that Amazon doesn't effectively help out in such situations! Returning the combo isn't an option either, as that would entail a loss of an amount close to the price of the combo!

I'd much appreciate any input from members in this regard. Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:14   #84
BHPian

Does anybody here have the Logitech G413?

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-g413.png

It cheap and mechanical, looks damn beautiful and have good reviews on the internet. Except in Amazon.in where almost everybody is complaining. Wondering whether the reviews are rigged. So, I'd like to know if anybody here has any first hand experience with it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th October 2021, 13:56   #85
BHPian

A little over a year ago I made the plunge into the world of Mechanical Keyboards and picked up a Keychron K6 with Gateron Brown switchesmainly because of its form factor (arrow keys were a non-negotiable) and the fact that it has native MacOS compatibility.

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-0b3aea136df04c719485429d8b9003aa.jpg

Recently, I ended up fixing it's only shortcoming in my eyes - the keycaps provided by Keychron were a little flimsy. I ended up upgrading to a Ducky Joker keycap set.

Completely changed the typing experience and the look of the board.

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-img_0182.jpeg

Highly recommend it!
ballfry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I got a HP GK320 mechanical keyboard a couple of days back from Amazon for 1800 rupees.

Attachment 2072092
I had been using this cheap mech keyboard for a year now, and had been happy with it. Now I felt it is time to upgrade to a better one and I wanted to pick one with a brown switch as the blue ones in the other one are quite noisy. So I ordered a renewed Logitech G512 with brown GX/Kailh switches. But unfortunately inside the Logitech box was a Redgear Invader. So I ordered a replacement.

I nevertheless decided to try the keyboard for a few minutes, as the Redgear Invader has the same Kailh brown switches. Now, I liked the feel of the switches and they are sufficiently quiet, but longer keys like the spacebar, enter, backspace etc makes a rattling noise when pressed.

Is that expected from all keyboards with red/brown switches? Or its just that the stabilizer design in the Redgear the cause of the sound? I ask this question because, I'd rather have all keys quiet or all clicky (noisy ). People using keyboards with red or brown switches, please reply.

Thanks!
Old 6th February 2022, 07:39   #87
BHPian

My friend had purchased a RedGear gaming keyboard MK881 with brown switches. He'd say that when he's often playing valorant, there's always a key delay. Even when he tested the keyboard out of the game in notepad, he pressed a key and left it. The character would repeat even after he had left the key. I assumed it was a driver issue and searched for drivers online. I wasn't able to find any. I tried returning the product and getting another one, he had recieved and tested the other new one too. It's giving the same problem.

Any solution to this?
Old 11th April 2022, 00:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Does anybody here have the Logitech G413?
Did you buy the keyboard eventually? I am in the market for a new keyboard and am confused between a mechanical or the apple type chicklet keyboard like K580.

Last edited by Jaguar : 11th April 2022 at 01:12.
Old 11th April 2022, 03:58   #89
BHPian

With the 100% wfh in 2020, I got all my keyboards out, and got a couple from the company. Between full sized Microsoft split keyboards, to mini Logi chiclet ones, and the cool looking mechanical, I've settled on the chiclet as my choice. They're 100% Bluetooth, have a low footprint on my desk, and can work with both devices Mac and Windows.

I've tried mechanical keyboards, but have struggled to get accustomed to them. I have this one for sale - its hardly used - if anyones looking to buy. https://www.meckeys.com/shop/keyboar...oard/gk61-rgb/
Old 11th April 2022, 10:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Had been on the lookout for a wireless keyboard - mouse combo. Saw the basic models from Logitech and Lenovo on Amazon and Flipkart, which had reasonably good feedback.

But since some of the reviews mentioned that they were unable to register their product on the brand website for warranty, I checked out the brand websites for any ongoing sale. Found Lenovo to match the same price as on Amazon, and on enquiry came to know that the offer is valid even if bought from a Lenovo exclusive store.

Got Lenovo Wireless 100 from a nearby store for Rs 1149. Comes with the required set of batteries, and one USB receiver works for both keyboard and mouse.

The Keyboard Thread : Pics, advice, recommendations-lenovo100.jpg
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks