Team-BHP - The Home Appliance thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Appliance thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23174-home-appliance-thread-4.html)

Quote:

Thad E Ginathom : Salesman like to tell us that their gizmo will solve our problems, but it is not necessarily the case.
The way they say it, it sounds like magic. It will do it, but ask them how - they dont know.
Quote:

Thad E Ginathom : So. Does an Indian kitchen need a microwave?
It definitely can do one thing really well. Heat food quickly.

Yes... I think its place in Indian food is to heat rather than to cook.

But hey, I'm a foreigner! I'm interested in what Indian cooks think.

I can say that I don't think I have ever done anything with a microwave that could not have been achieved on the simplest, cheapest, non-digital, few-buttons model. I can also say that I know some excellent cooks in England who have never seen the need to buy one.

Here's today's practical example from m y kitchen.... Mrs Ginathom is away with family, so I will now heat and eat the prawn curry she has left me:

prawn curry (giant prawns, yummy) --- heat on cooker; reheating in microwave tends to overcook them and make them tough.

samba --- reheat in microwave

rice --- reheat in microwave

runner beans --- steam in microwave.

Just caught the Ad in todays Delhi Times of Next Stores in NCR offering 21 inch Phillips Colour TV, Phillips DVD Player,6 KG Onida Semi Automatic Washing Machine, 18 Ltr Kenstar Microwave and an Steam Iron for Rs 15,999 all inclusive.

Conditions applied were, Exchange of Old working CTV and Valid for 9 Dec- 10 Dec uptill 7 PM

Does the Next chain sell refurbished stuff? Or so a rumour I heard....

Nopes its like the new Mobile shops selling everything and anything in electronics such as Next, RPG Cellucomm,Big Bazaar, Hotspot, The Mobile Shop

My Philips 15-inch LCD, three years old, is going in for repair tomorrow :(.

hello

could anybody suggest a good vacuum cleaner(within 8k) for house cleaning.It would be used for cleaning ceilings,carpets,tables&computers.Also i intend to use for cleaning car interiors.

Heard that moodi hoover is a good brand,but i dnt know where i could get
one in Chennai and their A.S.S How aboout LG/Eurekha Forbes??

thanks.

Hi Sathya_k2084,

Threads merged.

Also, check out this thread >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-cleaning.html

cya
R

HI,
Coming back to refrigerators, I have LG 220 Ltr and its working OK. But now we feel the need for a bigger one. But i am not able to find any model with much larger storage compartment. I mean, all the larger models are 2 door type, with a much larger freezer but main storage is almost the same size as in a 220Ltr model. We are vegitarians and use the freezer only for storing a tray or two of ice and the occasional frozen peas.
And since i don't have space (and also budget) for side-by-side models, I'm in a fix about upgrading.

Quote:

sathya_j2084 : could anybody suggest a good vacuum cleaner.... i intend to use for cleaning car interiors.
Not happy with the Eureka when I try to clean the car. Basically the attachments arent suitable for cleaning car interiors. Another point for this is that the last part of the suction pipe needs to be a little flexible - or- if the last part of this pipe is a solid pipe, then this section needs to be short. This will help you reach the nooks & corners more easily.

Plan to check out the Panasonic stuff sometime.

Do post your feedback on these vac's.

A query on washing machines.

I had shortlisted the IFB Senorita (or was it Senorita Plus?!), and wanted to have some feedback about the same. Taking a look at the reviews posted on Mouthshut, i come to realize that IFB has poor after-sales service. However, my friend who owns an IFB (dont remember the name of the series) told me otherwise. I dont really take seriously the opinions of members on Mouthshut, and wanted info from TBHPians.

Benny, IFB is a great machine. We had an IFB Elite (old basic model) for 13 years in Kerala. Recently we replaced it with another IFB bacause it had a lot of rust with years of usage and being close to dishwashing. I am using a Senorita Plus for the last 3.5 years and so far no problem. I highly recommend IFB.

Reg washing machines, make sure the agitating action is strong. Ask for a demo before you select/buy one. Have a BPL- it sucks.

I would prefer a front loading machine for it's better agitating action.

If you are looking for front-loader then Siemens is also there, but might be slightly more expensive than IFB.

Siemens Appliances Home page

Thanks for the responses, guys.
IFB is now finalised. Will put up my experiences with the same later.

Between, does anyone have any contacts at IFB? I heard that way one can get a better deal than going through a retail store. PM the details of it cant be posted here.