Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 18:13   #676
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks Pallavi and vigsom

ONIDA washing machine!! never seen one, will ask my friend to check it. Planning to make a visit to Girias tommorrow.

You may be better off looking at features; rather than brand. Search this thread for the features to look out. (front loader vx. top loader, 100% dry vs. normal spin dry, hot water, etc).

Also, ask your fried to look at the size of his family 2 years from now. ;-D

My vote will be for a front loader washing machine with 5Kg or more (4-4.5 KG is sufficient for a 2 member of family with alernate day washing, but one kid and a 6 KG machine will work twice a day). Hot water facility is a must.

Also, ask in a couple of stores; like what you will do with a car. Cash down payment will fetch more discounts rather than credit card payment.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:36   #677
BHPian

Quote:

Budget:
Refrigerator (2 door) - 10K
Washing machine - top loading - 10K

10k budget for either of them is not good enough.
I would suggest buy one item now and buy the other one a few months later.

But at any cost neither compromise on the feature/quality of the product nor on the capacity. these things will last for 5-7 yrs and he will later repent going for a lesser feature/capacity model.

However, as someone suggested, Onida washing machines are pretty good. My parents have used a semi automatic one for over 10 yrs and 3 yrs ago they replaced it with a new one (same model).

Regards,
Old 11th January 2010, 12:08   #678
BHPian

Quote:
My friend is starting a "new" life and needs following appliances. But very tight on budget due to his recent car purchase.

Total number of people in the household = 2 :-) (occasional visitors - once in 1-2 months)

Budget:
Refrigerator (2 door) - 10K
Washing machine - top loading - 10K

Could you please suggest some brand/model?

He also needs other common appliances Television(15K), microwave, blah blah..
We have lots of appliance stores in Bangalore like e-home, Girias, Pai, Viveks etc. Which is the best one?
If your friends stays near jayanagar/jp nagar then ask him to check out Devi International (Jayanagar 2nd block, near madhavan park) and Griha Vaibhav (Jayanagar 5th block). They provide good discounts. Also check out e-zone. They occasionally comes with some special offers for selected models.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:45   #679
Senior - BHPian

Thanks amohit and umvarma, I will pass this info to my friend.
Old 12th January 2010, 02:46   #680
BHPian

Microwave advice required

Hi. My family has finally decided to catch up with the 21st century and get a microwave. While our sub-10k budget and the decision to go for a convection microwave has limited our options to IFB and Onida, Onida sounds too cheap to be alright. I mean, they are offering convection microwaves from 6k onwards. So we were pretty much hooked upon getting an IFB when I decided to do a Google search on the brand. It revealed an overwhelming number of consumers complaining on the company's after sales service.

So I wanna know if IFB is the right brand to go for

thanks

Last edited by F50 : 12th January 2010 at 06:25.
Old 12th January 2010, 06:39   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Hi. Onida sounds too cheap to be alright. I mean, they are offering convection microwaves from 6k onwards. So we were pretty much hooked upon getting an IFB when I decided to do a Google search on the brand.

I have been using Onida Microwave basic model since last 6 yrs. No issues till now.
Bought it for 3k from indiatimes.com.

However, one advice, Dont go for convection one. Results are not that satisfying. And another advice go for a model with dial type controls. They are easier to operate as compared to feather touch ones.

Regards,
Old 12th January 2010, 13:54   #682
BHPian

Thanks Amohit. Can anyone tell me about IFB's after sales service ?
Old 12th January 2010, 15:18   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
It revealed an overwhelming number of consumers complaining on the company's after sales service.

So I wanna know if IFB is the right brand to go for
IFB's after sales service is bad, especially in smaller towns. In Bangalore, it is just about ok. The response is quick only if the repair is not covered by AMC. That is one of the reason we didnt opt for the AMC for our dishwasher

I would suggest you to look at other brands too.

-Pallavi
Old 12th January 2010, 15:22   #684
Team-BHP Support

We almost bought the IFB machine (in NCR). When asked about delivery time, the guy is like "within 24 hours", atmost 48 hours.
We were like no ways.
Finally got the LG.
They shop guy said 2 hours installation time.
Exactly 20 minutes after purchase we get automated SMS from LG saying our ticket has been opened with so and so ticket number.
One hour later the LG guy calls up, can he come, as the machine arrived from shop.
I tell him to wait and call up shop guy who says its on its way.
2 hours after purchase, machine is with us, and 30 minutes later the installation guys come, and do the job. Within 3 hours we have the working machine.
Thats what I call great service.

We had a doubt about some dip in the rubber gasket, the guy came very next day and showed us that its normal.
Old 12th January 2010, 15:48   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats what I call great service.
Have experience with both IFB (dishwasher) and LG (washing machine) after sales service. LG is leagues ahead of almost non-existent IFB service.

-Pallavi
Old 12th January 2010, 15:52   #686
Senior - BHPian

+100 to what @pallavi says. IFB service in bangalore in just OK.We have a IFB washing M/c and by brother has a LG and the service for LG is great. we have these with us from past 3 years
Old 12th January 2010, 16:36   #687
Team-BHP Support

My experience with my IFB washing machine after-sales is documented on this thread itself.

Had an issue for which i raised a ticket on their website, got a call half an hour later, asking for my details. The guy was supposed to come over at 10 AM on the following Saturday. He came at 2:30PM. Didnt blame him too much. However, the dancing issue for which i raised the ticket was not completely resolved, but then i came to know the dancing is true for machines owned by many others as well. Finally, attributed it to by-design.

When i bought the machine, i got a call from IFB service the same day itself regaridng the installation. However, it was the dealer from where i bought the product (NeXt Retail) who delayed the whole process, since the machine arrived only after 3 calls to them, and then i rode down to their office asking them to get it right away!

Now, you can decide for yourself about IFB service.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:51   #688
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
However, one advice, Dont go for convection one. Results are not that satisfying.
Can you please elaborate. I am looking to buy a convection microwave since the few people i talked to are happy with the baking. Though i agree that the convection cannot match OTGs, i am assuming it should be pretty close. Am i right?

Also, i dont think any convection microwaves come with the dial controls
Old 12th January 2010, 17:55   #689
BHPian

^ When compared to classic convection ovens the results with Microwave+convection oven are not that great. Personally I have never used convection microwave ovens. What I am saying is what I have heard from others. And they say that results are not close.

So unless, kitchen space is a problem, I would suggest you better have a separate microwave and convection ovens.

Not sure about the controls in convection microwaves.

Regards,
Old 12th January 2010, 22:22   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Can you please elaborate. I am looking to buy a convection microwave since the few people i talked to are happy with the baking. Though i agree that the convection cannot match OTGs, i am assuming it should be pretty close. Am i right?
With the OTGs you get the brown outer layer when baking the cake, cookies or muffins. The convection microwave oven bakes well but the cakes/cookies/muffins miss this outer layer. It doesnt make much difference if you are planning to decorate the cake with icing. But if you are baking muffins and cookies, you will not be pleased with the results.

-Pallavi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks