Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 13:57   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I had the same problem with my ipod - it got replaced
I've given the iPod already to the same place at Forum mall in Bangalore. Also we have a special relation with them as they sell JBL stuff.
They've promised to either repair or replace in the next few days.
Old 9th December 2007, 02:24   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
They've promised to either repair or replace in the next few days.
Today I recd a brand new 160GB iPod. While this is good news, I had also used the iPod as an external HDD and had about 20 gigs of video and music on it. That stuff is gone.

But I have a new iPod.
Old 1st January 2008, 06:33   #93
BHPian

Hi guys I got a new 3G Ipod nano. I was just wondering how can I prolong its battery life? And when should I charge it to so as to extend its battery life? Should I charge it when the battery is almost done or whenever I get an opportunity?
Old 24th January 2008, 16:21   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess what boys?

My new, replaced 160GB iPod failed again. As usual I sent it to Apple.

After keeping it for 5 days, they've just sent me yet another replacement.

Guess what? I'm on 160 GB iPod number 3 now. What is frustrating is that it takes HOURS to load.

What is scary is what happens when the warranty is over.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:26   #95
BHPian

What lesson someone planning to go for a new iPod must learn from your experience Sam is that NEVER buy the new iPod from the grey market.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:32   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
What lesson someone planning to go for a new iPod must learn from your experience Sam is that NEVER buy the new iPod from the grey market.
Huh, this means that apple are sending him Fake IPODS?
What if his non grey market apple ipod had failed,they would have sent him the non fake one then, right?
Old 24th January 2008, 16:36   #97
BHPian

What i mean is that if someone buys the iPod from the grey market and something goes wrong with it then the buyer had it. They cannot get the thing replaced or repaired! Grey market (at least the ones I know of) have no guarantee. What I meant to say was thankfully for Sam, geniune Apple products come with bill and warranty and they do take care in case there is a fault with the product! I never meant that the grey market pieces are fake or anything! Where was the difficulty in understanding this Tanveer?
Old 24th January 2008, 16:45   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What i mean is that if someone buys the iPod from the grey market and something goes wrong with it then the buyer had it. They cannot get the thing replaced or repaired! Grey market (at least the ones I know of) have no guarantee. What I meant to say was thankfully for Sam, geniune Apple products come with bill and warranty and they do take care in case there is a fault with the product! I never meant that the grey market pieces are fake or anything! Where was the difficulty in understanding this Tanveer?
The Failure rate of Apple is same as that of other products. So the argument that "Always buy an IPOD from showroom, can be there for anything else too".
But all that is moot.
No matter where you buy IPOD from, it comes with international warranty. I think Sam can elaborate better on that
Old 24th January 2008, 16:49   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Well, your sentence as a whole does not clarify what your point of view is. Perhaps use of some punctuation would have made your POV clear/er.

Last edited by rev_hard : 24th January 2008 at 17:01.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:58   #100
BHPian

@Tanveer: Are you sure that grey market iPods come with an international warranty which is honored by Apple in India? I really don't think so. If they do, I will be the happiest person on the forum today!
Old 24th January 2008, 17:03   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Tanveer: Are you sure that grey market iPods come with an international warranty which is honored by Apple in India? I really don't think so. If they do, I will be the happiest person on the forum today!
I remember Sam posting that ipod's carry international warranty. You can check with him
Old 24th January 2008, 17:06   #102
BHPian

I am sure Sam will reply here when he sees this being debated. Anyways, as far as I know and have found out, grey market iPods, purchased in India without bill and warranty, do not come with any warranty and the Apple service center guys will refuse to fix them under warranty.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:08   #103
BHPian

Quote:
as far as I know and have found out, grey market iPods, purchased in India without bill and warranty, do not come with any warranty and the Apple service center guys will refuse to fix them under warranty.
So what's new in that..
Old 24th January 2008, 17:09   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
So what's new in that..

You need to ask Tanveer what's new in that!
Old 24th January 2008, 17:11   #105
BHPian

Dude, Ipod's bought anywhere in the world WITH a bill are covered under Apple's warranty.

Tanveer will concurr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks