Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2005, 02:59   #76
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ahhhh....this thread popped up again, reminding me that its time to update!

Nikon D50 6.1 mp Digital SLR, standard lens + 70-300 mm from F65.
hi steeriod, how much you bought this cam for ? I was planning to buy this one but i think its above 40k?
Old 19th December 2005, 14:33   #77
BHPian

My camera is a bit antiquated now but still very useable : Nikon Coolpix 4500 4MP. Love its macro feature without requiring any extra lenses.
Old 19th December 2005, 15:28   #78
BHPian

I have a Sony T33
Features for which I went for it: 5.1 MP - Large display screen - Slim & easy menu access.

May be in future I might go for one of those EOS(s)
Old 19th December 2005, 15:55   #79
BHPian

Canon Elan IIe, 50mm 1.8 Ultrasonic lens, 28-70mm Ultrasonic lens.
Nikon Coolpix 4200.
Am looking for a good flash since a long long time. Any pointers if a 380EX would be avlbl in Mumbai/Bangalore?
Old 19th December 2005, 19:15   #80
BHPian

Panasonic FZ1 with 12 X Optical Zoom (Image stabilize) from Leica.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th December 2005 at 20:59.
Old 19th December 2005, 23:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

I've got news for you guys - Tata isnt the only company that goes around replacing parts of what they've sold........

Nikon D50 lens replaced today, 4 days after puchase. The standard lens that came with the kit failed (autofocus wouldnt work) and when I demanded a replacement of the entire kit all they did was take the lens off another camera and put it on this one.

I could've filled in the forms, submitted my camera for inspection by Nikon, awaited their report and got a replacement in 21 days....but I didnt have the inclination to go through the trouble of finding a parking slot at City Centre (it took me 20 mins the first day when I bought the camera and 1/2 an hour today) just to go back to the shop over and over again.

SHAME, NIKON!
Old 20th December 2005, 00:44   #82
Team-BHP Support

]
M ]©?teeroid]SHAME, NIKON![/quote]
Since this is a camera thread..let me put up this question. What exactly happened with your auto focus issue/problem?

Are you sure that it has nothing to do with your power cell? May be you're right but I'm just posing this Q..

May be Nikon is getting their lenses (for this range) from China.

Inexpensive lenses are still coming from Japan.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2005 at 06:39.
Old 20th December 2005, 00:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Since this is a camera thread..let me put up this question. What exactly happened with your auto focus issue/problem?

Are you sure that it has nothing to do with your power cell? May be you're right but I'm just posing this Q..

May be Nikon is getting their lenses (for this range) from China.

Inexpensive lenses are still coming from Japan.
In the last few pics that I took at the auto show I noticed that I was having difficulty focussing....I thought it was because I was using the 'A' and 'P' modes, and that probably this camera required different focus settings on those modes in the conditions mentioned. At the end of the show, we tried to snap the Emirates Towers (last snap, the night snap I sent you) and I couldnt get the camera to focus. Finally it clicked at some point....I thought it was because I was ignorant. Yesterday we tried to take some close-ups of the Smart, but the damn thing wouldnt focus - I had to keep moving myself to get it to beep and click at some times. Finally got tired and tried the manual focus mode which worked out pretty well.

Didnt realise there was a problem with the camera - I went back to Plug Ins (the dealer) to ask the camera expert whether I've screwed up some of the settings out of ignorance. He tried his best and he couldnt get it to focus either...he finally took the lens off a demo piece and put it on my camera - BINGO! it worked. We tried it out with 5-6 demo lenses they had and they all worked perfectly.

There's nothing on the camera or the lens to indicate the country of manufacture. It just says 'Nikon Corp., Japan' in a vague sort fo way which means that it is NOT 'Made in Japan', a tag which is bandied about proudly on any product actually manufactured there. So your theory of chinese lens could well be true.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2005 at 06:39.
Old 20th December 2005, 14:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have a Nikon Coolpix 5400.... 5.1 MP with various other features....

My first shiny new digicam.... easy to use and i love the near professional quality it delivers....

P.S. Viper... it is a Nikon.... You can see it when i come down to Blore...
Old 20th December 2005, 15:00   #85
BHPian

I have a Canon Powershot A70 (3.2 MP). Works beautifully. I personally think this is the best of the Powershot series.
Old 20th December 2005, 17:42   #86
k36
BHPian

I have the following:
Nikon F70D (film) SLR
Nikkor 24 (2.8) AFD
Nikkor 50 (1.8) AF
Nikon 75-150 (3.5) E Series Manual focus len
A number of filters.
Had a Manfrotto tripod.. was stolen 3 yrs back

Everything on sale. Plan to move to digital soon. Can anyone suggest a good place to sell/trade cameras in Pune or Mumbai??
Old 25th February 2006, 14:42   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
With your kind of range of lenses, I would have gone for a flash only.

rudra sir, i have ordered for a canon 430EX flash and is on its way. will get in a couple of days time.
Old 25th February 2006, 15:20   #88
BHPian

Batteries for cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
i have a kodak 7350i series digicam 3.2 mp
p.s i am getting lot of problems with the battery the normal pencil cells lasts only for half hour.I dont know where the problem is with the digicam or the indian batteries. Please help me out guys
You could consider using Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. My camera, a Fuji S5600 would last two days with regular zinc cells; duracell batteries extended this to a week. Now I have got a set of Camelion NiMh batteries (my camera uses 4 cells) and one charge takes them through a month, in spite of using a lot of zoom almost each time.
Old 25th February 2006, 15:25   #89
BHPian

Sell camera in Bombay

Quote:
Originally Posted by k36
I have the following:
Nikon F70D (film) SLR
Nikkor 24 (2.8) AFD
Nikkor 50 (1.8) AF
Nikon 75-150 (3.5) E Series Manual focus len
A number of filters.
Had a Manfrotto tripod.. was stolen 3 yrs back

Everything on sale. Plan to move to digital soon. Can anyone suggest a good place to sell/trade cameras in Pune or Mumbai??
To sell in Mumbai, you could try J J Mehta in Dadar. They have a website and you could find their phone or mail id and get in touch with them.
Old 25th February 2006, 17:51   #90
BHPian

These are my cams, the newer ones mentioned 1st: Minolta DiMAGE E323...got it with a 16mb card which I promptly kept aside and bought myself a 512 mb card. Another minolta film roll cam..don't remember it's number. A sony mavica (the floppy disc cam), a nikon slr10 or something like that.

Godspeed.

Alok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks