Team-BHP - Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31890-good-buy-ebay-co-ebays-global-easybuy-system-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponmayilal (Post 2042491)
In any case as you have rightly pointed out, it could still be a one-off instance. One has to perhaps wait for more detailed reports such as your's.

Here is another one:

Global Easy Buy/ I2CWORLD, EBAY Paisapay Fraud

I've been asking many friends who frequently use I2CWorld services and two of them are yet to get their refunds even after 60 days. In both the instances, I2C world claims to have not received the return items whereas the tracking information of the return courier says they have received it on time.

It looks like if everything works in one shot, all good. But refunds or replacements are a major issue.

With all the horror stories around, I've decided not to send the item back to seller unless they pick it up with valid documents of receipt. Since they are basically a courier company themselves, they can very well do it.

This seller has been receiving some major negative feedback recently. This is one of the ID's that I2CWorld uses.

Now the picture presented is really scary.

Out of four items ordered through GEB (i2cworld_inc) I have already received two items - the Liteon BD writer and SYBA USB3 PCIe card - nicely packed and delivered without a hitch. I have already installed them and they are working fine.

I am yet to receive the Seagate GoFlex 750 GB ultraportable drive. Though it was shipped on 6th Aug, the tracking shows that it has not even reached their India Hub in Mumbai. With just two days left for the delivery deadline, I am keeping my fingers crossed and will shoot out for the automatic refund on 01 Sep if it is not delivered by then. (There has been no communication from the seller about any delayed delivery.)

I bought a brand new Blackberry CDMA thru i2cworld last month, but they shipped a badly used model.

Thanks to ebay guarantee and paisapay, was able to get full refund of the money, but had to fight with their customer care a bit.

Also, needed to ship the blackberry back to i2cworld mumbai office thru blu dart at my cost.

So be careful with 12cworld, but you are protected with ebay guarantee and paisa pay i guess.

I've bought a Roomba and a Nintendo Wii using ebay GEB (i2cworld). Both were new sealed packs delivered in mint condition within time. The local courier used was Blue Dart.

Each item has a number that can be used to check the item on ebay USA. You can also know the difference in actual price on ebay USA.

I would check seller reliability before purchase and read the description carefully to see if the product is used or refurbished. Also, I would avoid getting items that are breakable (glass, lcd) and possibly counterfeit (perfumes, clothes, earphones, batteries). Smaller items can be bought from friends, because someone or the other is usually coming down to India in a month or two, but I would hate to get heavier stuff from friends because they already have a lot to carry and there's a weight limit.

I now wish to try using the i2c world wide shop abroad service for a Britax Car Seat because I can't find anything on ebay GEB.

My suggestion is to never buy from ebay and amazon.
Lots of hassles like tax and shipping.
Also, customs can be a big problem.

I had bought a Reebok Wrist Watch for Rs.333/- from ebay and the seller is ezeeshop.in and after i received the item and opening i saw that the watch hour and minute needles are not working except the seconds needle and also the watch glass is broken at the top right corner.
Its this very same watch:
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=260668089158

Well, i've asked for a refund from Ebay guarantee... lets hope i win the case!

The service of eBay Global Easy Buy (GEB) has deteriorated a lot. In the past few months (after Diwali or so) I had ordered a couple of items and none were delivered. Out of three orders I placed, only first one, way back when GEB was launched, was delivered. What is worse is that your money debited from credit card by PaisaPay is locked for about two months till they allow refund. You can't file refund immediately as they wait for delivery period to expire.

Looks like they have manipulated the system. ICCworld shipment ID (AWB) is same as PaisaPay ID and the moment "ship by date" reaches, it automatically generates the status as "item Shipped" with AWB same as paisapay ID. However, there is no record of this AWB id on the ICCworld.com website. But your money is locked up till the "delivery date" expires which is usually about two months from the date of placement of order. All this while eBay.in continues to earn interest on the money debited from you!.

I had sent a mail to eBay.in customer support regarding this. But, other than receiving an automated reply and parroting that I must wait for delivery to expire, they didn't act satisfactorily.

Looks like others are also facing similar issues. This is just to warn the fellow boarders about my experience.

-BJ

My experience with ICCWORLD has been horrible. I've decided not to use GEB anymore if ICCWORLD is the carrier.

I have bought 10-12 items from ebay India in the last 15-18 months and never had a problem
(the last item was a ipod which i rec in 2 days after specifying the colour I wanted)

Always buy from a power seller and you will be fine.

I wouldnt buy an expensive/fragile product from them (LCDs etc) but pretty much everything else.

Strange! I often use ICCWORLD's PPO and Shop Abroad services and have never faced a problem.

IMO - one should also look and the vendor that you are buying from. The delays could very well be happening at their end. I have stopped using ebay's GEB after maybe half a dozen good experiences because I realized that using ICCWORLD directly is almost always cheaper.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Hello everyone,
Though I am reading horror stories about i2c world Inc, my question is on a different issue. I am looking at this product on GEB - YAMAHA RX-V367 A/V receiver - YAMAHA RX-V367 new model of RX-V365 3D 5.1 CH RECEIVER (Rs. 12551)

My question is this - I have located this same product in India and the price quoted to me was 20k! Now, if I was to order this same product on GEB, is the quoted price of Rs. 12551 all that I have to pay? Are there absolutely no other taxes, customs duty or anything that I will have to pay on it? Cause I do not want to end up purchasing it online and then have to shell out a huge amount on customs or taxes of any sort. Let me know..

Apologies for the double post, but wasn't able to edit.

I have found out that the price indeed includes all taxes and customs duties. Also, how long does the product usually take to reach?

@naveenroy - Note that products sold in USA will have 110/120V input and what we have in India is 220/240V. If the product comes with an adapter, then the adapter can be modded. Or else you will need to purchase a good quality step down transformer. Cheap transformers are available but will trash such a quality product pretty soon. This answer can be obtained by searching another forum - hifivision.

Note to mods: Please edit this post if mention of another forum is prohibited. I mentioned it because it was relevant to the answer.