Team-BHP - Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31890-good-buy-ebay-co-ebays-global-easybuy-system-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 1563357)
Bought a used blackberry from ebay Global Buy at 3,000rs probably network locked on to a US carrier. just paid for it today. hopefully it arrives after 2 weeks. Will update on ebay global buy experience.suprisingly the Ebay reseller who ships items from us even has a call center in india!!

I didnt know Ebay Global Easy Buy sells used goods as well!

BTW, did anyone else notice that the drop down filter menu (in the final results list) has reduced number of options now? You cannot now filter results by Price (ascending/descending)

I have had excellent experiences from e-Bay. Recently looking for a BL6C Battery for my phone, first I ordered through e-Bay but received an empty envelope. i contacted the vendor (in Jaipur) as well as eBay. He agreed to refund through PaisaPay and I got my refund promptly. Then I bought from another Vendor (in Mumbai). Got the battery on the 4th day by BlueDart. Quite often the big boys also have better courier tie ups.

Remember e-Bay has a lot of small vendors and the quality of service may vary. In general go to the bigger boys esp. the Star rated ones. They may not be the cheapest, but give excellent service.

Abn-amro credit card doesn't work with paypal ? Tried adding 2 cards but paypal said it couldn't confirm, But Abn-amro charged twice & cancel the transaction but they still charged 41 rs on third transaction - why they still charged ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 1563729)
Abn-amro credit card doesn't work with paypal ? Tried adding 2 cards but paypal said it couldn't confirm, But Abn-amro charged twice & cancel the transaction but they still charged 41 rs on third transaction - why they still charged ?

very few cards r accepted on paypal.. faced same problem with icici, mostly if your card is visa.. it gets confirm.

you can mail paypal though with your problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown (Post 1563729)
they still charged 41 rs on third transaction - why they still charged ?

The 41 rupee charge is part of their verification process and will be credited back as soon as your bank reverts with a confirmation (to paypal). Related FAQ Entry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1564787)
The 41 rupee charge is part of their verification process and will be credited back as soon as your bank reverts with a confirmation (to paypal). Related FAQ Entry.

Thanks ! I'm aware of that they charge $1.94/8 dollar for verification, I tried adding 2 cards so both transcactions get cancelled as I remove the card as it wasn't working, But they charge 41 unneccessary.

Hmm..It has anybody to do with "master secure code" ? Maybe first we have to register our card for that code ?

Verified By Visa Or Master Secure card is needed for paypal ? I don't think it needed but Ab-amro said me you first have to registers your card with visa or master that you can verify it, I don't believe this though, So thought to clear my doubt here.

My first purchase from Ebay Global Easy Buy!

I was itching to pick something off from Global Easy Buy right from the time it was launched. But for some reason or the other, never found a good deal.

From my recent (bad) experience of buying perfumes from Indiatimes Shopping, I decided that it was time to test the GEB system.

So I scanned the website and zeroed down on Calvin Klein BE. The price quoted was a cool Rs 2k ($27) inclusive of shipping, customs et al.

Took the plunge and paid by CC on Nov 25. I got a confirmation email from the international re-seller (i2c) that my cologne has been purchased from Ebay.com on Nov 26. The mail said that it will be delivered to me within 15 days!

And to my pleasent surprise, I got the perfume (neatly packed in a sturdy box) today i.e. Dec 3rd! The package came through USPS Priority Mail.

Let the unboxing pics do the rest of the talking.

Hi, in the same lines i would also like to check whether anyone has any experiences with purchasing from dealextreme.com. They promise worldwide shopping and i have ordered products for 5 dollars, and i am not sure whether they are relaible. The site seems cool with very cheap products, but i made the order on december 5th and i am yet to recieve anything.

I have purchased from dealextreme, few LED parking bulbs, key chains, usb charger etc and they came to me by ordinary post. So it worked as advertised.

I recently tried to use paypal for an international purchase in ebay but for unknown reasons the paypal payment gateway couldn't process my credit card. I have bought stuff from ebay US using paypal and it has worked before but it is not working now. Of course paypal can register my card successfully and they draw that $1.

Buying from ebay is quite reliable and prompt if you stick to vendors with good reviews. I have bought several items on ebay.in and wasn't disappointed. Don't go for too sweet a deal because it might be a ripoff or fake but there are good deals if you are a careful and experienced buyer.

I have not bought anything from global ebay, but a regular customer with ebay india. Purchased many items and all were delivered on time, except for 2 occassions - once item ordered did not reach me within the time specified by the seller. I sent a complaint to ebay and asked for refund.
Money credited to my bank within 7 days from the refund request.

2nd case was-purchase of MMI Navigator- The product was despatched on the same day of payment but when I opened the pocket, there was some damage (the lcd screen got a some scratches and may be due to that impact the system was not working properly). Immediately I took photographs and forwarded to the seller and the ebay customer care.
After some discussions, I was asked to courier the device to the manufacturers directly, and hope I will get back a navigator soon without any damage and in good working condition.

ebay have 'buyer protection' scheme and as such you are assured of either good product or a refund. They normally release funds to the seller only after the buyer confirm reciept of the product. When ebay find the seller cheating the buyer/s, their listings will be removed immediately from the shopping list of ebay. I consider ebay shopping is safe.

I had both Bad and good experience with ebay india
GOOD EXPERIENCE
I bought Sony cybershot and was delivered to me withing 5 days, the camera is great and working good till date.
BAD EXPERIENCE
I bought a hunter knife, it was also written that i will get 2 free gifts with it. When i opened the box i was just shocking :Shockked: I found a 1 inch knife, really different from picture and specification and the gift that i got with it was ping pong balls. :mad:

Hi Folks,
I found this irresistable offer on E-bay on JVC 2-DIN priced for 5k+. and few accessories as gifts, from CAR DECORATER,Delhi,preet vihar. Anyone knows about this dealer. Please share your thoughts, planning to buy it online before Christmas to get the freebies.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.in/Orignal-JVC-Cd-Mp...item1c0ed90f54

Hi Guru,

Are you really going for the e purchase. I don't have much idea about it. But being the past generation man, I prefer seeing,touching,playing, enjoying and then buying. If you don't mind please look for something in our place and do the purchase that will help you in After Sales Service and warranty and guarantee.