Team-BHP - Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31890-good-buy-ebay-co-ebays-global-easybuy-system-2.html)

you can try futurebazaar. Its bigbazaar's online portal. Pretty good deals on electronics items. And best of all it comes with 15days No question asked return warrenty.
If there is a bigbazaar in your town, we can return the stuff at bigbazaar cust care counter also, thus ensuring that we get the money back.

Regards,

dont bother checking on futurebazaar. A560 is priced at 12595/- :)

There won't be any response from either the seller nor the ebay executives they never take calls on cell phone and there land line is answered by security who always reply that the concerned person is not in office.
I purchased a I pod and got solidly cheated thro ebay. the seller claimed it as new and box piece and later it was a used one .:Frustrati

i have been on ebay since 7 years. there are tons of idiots around. just make sure u buy from people who have 100 ratings or more min. 25 ratings are needed to know if they are for real. nothing is wrong with ebay at all. its just a myth i have sold and i have bought, just because indian one is messed does not mean ebay is bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 639866)
just because indian one is messed does not mean ebay is bad.

yes, but it IS messed up, right?

I have been troubled by sites like rediff.com, where false claims are made about the good sold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 639874)
yes, but it IS messed up, right?

I have been troubled by sites like rediff.com, where false claims are made about the good sold.

see rediff is the same thing, its not the company its indivual ppl selling there. buy on ebay with no doubts with ppl who have 25+ ratings. when i was sellling there i had about 200 ratings, infact some buyers were scammer they said they paid me and i never sent. u have to prepare urself and just send them ur bank details to proove. i have dealt in laks on ebay no issues at all. just make sure the person is legit.

Not sure abt rediff, but I once bought an Iron box from indiatimes. When I didnt get the delivery for 15 days, I was half sure that i've lost my 1.1k and with heavy heart i wrote a mail to them requesting for the delivery status.
And to my surprise I got a call from indiatimes cust care, saying that they are sorry for the delay, as the prod is not available with them in the stores and will take 15 more days. They even offered to return my money back.
Finally the order was deliverd 1 month after placing it, but it was well supported by the indiatimes cust team(got a call when it reached there store, then when they dispatched it, one more call to chk if i got it..and one final call to say sorry for this long delay!)

Note: This one incident still dosent mean that online shopping thru indiatimes is safe. It still is very very risky when buying anything from these portals.
If I buy anything online, I make sure that its directly from the company website or someplace trustworthy.

Regards,

I bought a Transcend MP3 player for my wife from indiatimes.com , and the service was excellent. The third day since i made the online payment from my citibank account, i had the product in my hands.

I have been using ebay now since it was good ol bazee.com. I bought both expensive and low priced items and each time my experience was better. I just make sure about two things :-

--Price is genuinely lower than brick and mortar
--seller from whom i am purchasing has a fantastic credibility ( 99%) minimum and is around on ebay for at least 2 years.

If you follow the above rules, ebay is a great resource:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 640135)
see rediff is the same thing, its not the company its indivual ppl selling there. buy on ebay with no doubts with ppl who have 25+ ratings. when i was sellling there i had about 200 ratings, infact some buyers were scammer they said they paid me and i never sent. u have to prepare urself and just send them ur bank details to proove. i have dealt in laks on ebay no issues at all. just make sure the person is legit.

I have also done purchases on ebay, both india and US. But in a country where everybody is over-ambitious, scams are found everywhere we have to be very careful.

And to top it all, there is nothing like SSN in US to track anybody down, even if we did, law and order is pathetic, and more than 70% of money is in black, which is untraceable.

that's why, i will not be able to transact in bigger amounts on ebay unless I physically know the other party, which defeats the whole purpose of e-commerce.

http://www.ebay.in/globaleasybuy

Ebay now allows us to buy items from the US and make payments using PaisaPay. They take care of S&H and apparently duties too :thumbs up

Guess we all have alternate shopping options, apart from asking friends and relatives to get down stuff for us. :D

this is marvellous stuff...lets see how things really work out.

Did anyone tried the new way.May be i will be the first one to try it out.hmm

Got an email from ebay this morning confirming the same. For starters am placing a small order now and will stick to only reputed sellers. Lets see how it goes .

Brilliant. Thanks for bringing this piece of information to the fore. Please post experiences as soon as someone tries this out.

Thanks