Team-BHP - Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31890-good-buy-ebay-co-ebays-global-easybuy-system-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1648840)
Hi Guru,

Are you really going for the e purchase. I don't have much idea about it. But being the past generation man, I prefer seeing,touching,playing, enjoying and then buying. If you don't mind please look for something in our place and do the purchase that will help you in After Sales Service and warranty and guarantee.

Will it not have anywhere service..Like I can take it to any JVC service center in Chennai and get it repaired in case?

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyguru (Post 1648812)
Hi Folks,
I found this irresistable offer on E-bay on JVC 2-DIN priced for 5k+. and few accessories as gifts, from CAR DECORATER,Delhi,preet vihar. Anyone knows about this dealer. Please share your thoughts, planning to buy it online before Christmas to get the freebies.

Link:
eBay India: Orignal JVC Cd+Mp3+Casete+WARANTY+Anti Theft+REMOTE (item 120508190548 end time 24-Dec-2009 10:28:24 IST)

++

from the link it shows that price as Rs.7999/-?
The other price given was last bid rate - then you need to give your bid and if you won you will get at that price. Or you can buy straightaway but at Rs.7999/-.
If you are buying from ebay, make sure one thing-after receiving the parcel -please check the item and get satisfy if it is in good condition, then only you confirm the reciept to ebay. If you did not recieve the item within the time limit, they you can ask for refund and you will get the money back. similarly if you get a different product than what was described then you can complain to ebay (without confirming reciept of item) and request for refund. I understand, as per ebay policy they will release the payment to the seller only after the buyer confirm reciept of the item. Take care:thumbs up

Guru,

I have seen the Din are made in Grey market as it is like a original. My own brother's son has one Sony Audio in his car from Delhi and it was a local made. How can we know which make what all the terms and conditions etc. If they are genuine sellers then you can get it serviced if not. There are two types of warranty one is the National other one is international. Local dealer can help us out. In this case the service centers can have some excuses. Please get thorough knowledge and do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1648840)
Hi Guru,

Are you really going for the e purchase. I don't have much idea about it. But being the past generation man, I prefer seeing,touching,playing, enjoying and then buying. If you don't mind please look for something in our place and do the purchase that will help you in After Sales Service and warranty and guarantee.

Hi navan,
It was out of curiosity. Having lot of options on the platter and chosing the best is what Iam considering. This will just be another option, as I have few ICE installers already in mind in chennai.

Did you fit your ICE in the showroom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyguru (Post 1649006)
Will it not have anywhere service..Like I can take it to any JVC service center in Chennai and get it repaired in case?

Yes and No. Like in most electronic purchases in India, whether online or not, the devil lies in the details.

As has been mentioned earlier, this could be a fake product, or not. There could be a official JVC warranty, or not. All those are dependent on the seller.

Since the amount quoted is significant, I would advise you send a message to the seller through ebay and ask for a contact no, speak to him/her about your concerns/queries, and then take a decision.

And if you do decide to go ahead and buy through ebay, DO NOT make cash or direct payments for a discount offered "under-the-table". Ebay has paisapay protection for precisely this reason. Use credit/debit cards and as long as you check the shipped item thoroughly before confirming receipt of shipment, you should be safe.

Caveat Emptor :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiagenie (Post 1651584)
Yes and No. Like in most electronic purchases in India, whether online or not, the devil lies in the details.

As has been mentioned earlier, this could be a fake product, or not. There could be a official JVC warranty, or not. All those are dependent on the seller.

Since the amount quoted is significant, I would advise you send a message to the seller through ebay and ask for a contact no, speak to him/her about your concerns/queries, and then take a decision.

And if you do decide to go ahead and buy through ebay, DO NOT make cash or direct payments for a discount offered "under-the-table". Ebay has paisapay protection for precisely this reason. Use credit/debit cards and as long as you check the shipped item thoroughly before confirming receipt of shipment, you should be safe.

Caveat Emptor :)

HI Indiagenie,
Appreciate your assistance. I did speak to the dealer. Man,,,he was like auctioning stuff in the typical auction shop. (Keeps repeating the offers), wanted to make payment in the next 30 mins.. cos he was flying to Mumbai from Delhi. I was like,,what???, Its not a 10Rs stuff.. Well now I realise better call before I get interested.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyguru (Post 1651720)
HI Indiagenie,
Appreciate your assistance. I did speak to the dealer. Man,,,he was like auctioning stuff in the typical auction shop. (Keeps repeating the offers), wanted to make payment in the next 30 mins.. cos he was flying to Mumbai from Delhi. I was like,,what???, Its not a 10Rs stuff.. Well now I realise better call before I get interested.stupid:

Absolutely ! This is serious money we are talking about. And I automatically feel uncomfortable when somebody tries to rush you into paying.

Also look at the feedback of the seller very closely. There are countless instances of people jacking up their feedback numbers by buying cheap stuff or creating multiple IDs and giving good feedback to themselves on the basis of cheap items. So read the feedback comments and particularly feedback as a seller before making a call.

Having said that, I am a big supporter of Ebay and have bought quite a few times without any major issues (once I had to return a memory card but I got a full refund without any questions) so I hope you have a great experience as as well.

the seller having multiple auctions of the same product is not an issue. In fact, it means that he is a seller who is serious about Ebay as a sales avenue

When you are dealing with ebay, deal all correspondence and payment through ebay only. Do not make any payment direct to the seller then ebay will not be responsible.
They have buyer protection terms where your money is safe until you recieve the item as described by the seller. Also you can see 'P' marks against some seller which
means 'Power Seller' and those are more genuine companies as listed by ebay from their previous dealing. When you deal with these kind of sellers then mostly you will get genuine product with full warranty.
Be careful when selecting a seller?

Hi Guru,

I fit my ICE in MSM. I looked in all the places in GP to the dealers. Finally I was happy with the Show room. The fitting was free. No wire cut and no drilling in the body or in the boot. I am very fine with my kenwood 543 and the Kenny 6" speakers same in the front and back doors. No harm if you want to see some time you can personally see the system in car. Being you are in chennai please physically check the perfromance of one or two ice and purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navan49 (Post 1655210)
Hi Guru,

I fit my ICE in MSM. I looked in all the places in GP to the dealers. Finally I was happy with the Show room. The fitting was free. No wire cut and no drilling in the body or in the boot. I am very fine with my kenwood 543 and the Kenny 6" speakers same in the front and back doors. No harm if you want to see some time you can personally see the system in car. Being you are in chennai please physically check the perfromance of one or two ice and purchase.

Sure navan,
Have got back to the mode of physically auditioning the ICE stuff,. planning post new year. Would love to come and check yours. Let me know once you are free post your car body works.

Was just told about this!
Perhaps an answer to a lot of the problems us gadget / auto-part / ebay-freaks face.
Sounds exciting!

How it works :

Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?-imgbuyerpro_875x194.gif

Advantages :

Any idea what the pricing difference will be if shipping to USA vs India for a small item, eg. cellphone.

Source : Learn about buying on Global EasyBuy

cya
R

EDIT - Oops. This is already being discussed. Threads merged.

This is terrific news. Now, we have to see how efficient this entire service will turn out to be.

Cheers,

Jay

I purchased and it never made it. shipping is from from China. Probably it gets stolen in customs :-)

Is this a reliable source?

had seen it before i saw this post. One strange thing- i was looking at buying some microfibers, and the cost of buying and getting it here in india for an item was Rs 2100, however if i buy from EBAY USA and get it shipped to india it costs Rs 1600.00
This is strange cause the item is the same and the seller is the same. Are they adding some taxes etc? I think for Rs 1500 item there should not be any other charges to be paid..