Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 22:06   #526
BHPian

Re: Atlast! 3G in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Any Aircel 3g users in Bangalore - Request you to share your experience please.
I am using Aircel 3G on my iPad 3 since 3 months now. Though, I am on their lowest 3G plan (199/month - 1GB), i must say i am very much satisfied and most of the time irrespective of the locality in Bangalore i get 3G speeds, except my residence (Koramangala) - not sure why and it is really funny! But i dont bother much since i have Airtel Broadband at home and switch over to WiFi.

What i felt from my experience, 3G data plan quality and cost is more or less the same when you compare Airtel Vs Aircel with Aircel having advantage of better customer support and less crowded Relationship center at least in Bangalore

Last edited by lazybrain : 9th August 2012 at 22:09.
Old 29th August 2012, 13:25   #527
BHPian

I've been using Vodafone 3G since the time it was launched in Mumbai, and honestly, I am extremely happy with it's performance!
I've got the Rs.850-6GB 3G pack and end up using close to 5GB every month!
Watching & downloading Youtube videos is absolute bliss!
I initially started using 3G on my Nexus S, where the experience was awesome, however, once I bought the Galaxy Nexus the experience has become outstanding! I never imagined that Vodafone would have an HSPA+ network here! The Internet speeds on my new phone are simply mind-boggling, averaging around 5 to 7 mbps!
Old 29th August 2012, 13:51   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea
I am not tracking 3G as of now as i mostly use my laptop on the move.

However, query for regular users, heard 3G rates are down and speed/coverage is good in pune.

So is it time to replace regular broadband (Primary internet connection) with 3G? is it cost worthy? is there any provider with "Unlimited/night" download.

Pls do share your reviews. I am using idea.
3G is certainly the best option to go with as the speeds are excellent! It's slightly expensive right now as it is still relatively new and not many people use 3G, however, based on the trend in other countries, prices will definitely get reasonable after sometime!
If you're in Pune, go for Vodafone or Airtel - both have good 3G speeds.
If you're planning to buy a usb modem, go for the slightly expensive 7.5mbps modem as it's performance it better!
All the best!
Old 19th October 2012, 18:29   #529
BHPian

Finally 4G is launched today in Pune by Airtel. it's 3rd city in India after Kolkata and Bangalore where 4G (LTE) service is available.

here is the source
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
Old 19th October 2012, 18:56   #530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I've been using Vodafone 3G since the time it was launched in Mumbai, and honestly, I am extremely happy with it's performance!
I've got the Rs.850-6GB 3G pack and end up using close to 5GB every month!
Watching & downloading Youtube videos is absolute bliss!
I initially started using 3G on my Nexus S, where the experience was awesome, however, once I bought the Galaxy Nexus the experience has become outstanding! I never imagined that Vodafone would have an HSPA+ network here! The Internet speeds on my new phone are simply mind-boggling, averaging around 5 to 7 mbps!
Oink! I get less than 1.5mbps on my airtel 3G anywhere in Bangalore even with hspda+ or whatever. I use a Samsung Note. How is Vodaphone 3g countrywide? on highways in remote areas? Or is it only good for cities?

3G is actually priced cheaper than GPRS if you compare the packages ... so its not that expensive as posted ^^

--R
Old 19th October 2012, 20:46   #531
BHPian

Recently during one of trips to Pune I was pleasantly suprised to see speeds in excess of 7 mbps.
Btw here in Blore 3G rates are still slightly on the expensive side. 1 gb starting at 255 bucks. Usual speed is somewhere in the range of 2-5 mbps.
Old 19th October 2012, 22:31   #532
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting consistently good speeds on my Airtel 3g. Here are the results tested using my Galaxy Note.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121019_223105.png
Views: 702
Size:  130.1 KB

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 19th October 2012 at 22:32.
Old 8th November 2012, 21:13   #533
BHPian

Speed obtained on MTNL Dolphin 3G. Using it on my Note 2. So far, so good. Also using all my gadgets using its Hotspot.

Name:  285834834.png
Views: 635
Size:  22.2 KB
Old 15th November 2012, 23:39   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Airtel's giving me blisteringly good speeds tonight.
Attached Images

Old 16th November 2012, 10:53   #535
BHPian

Any Idea 3G user in Bangalore. Yor experience! Already have a Idea connection. However thinking of migrating to AirTel and as herd their 3g is awesome and cheaper than Idea.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:42   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what I get on Vodafone 3G, it's the fastest I have experienced on this network at 9:13 am. Any VF users in Pune getting better speeds? It probably differs from area to area and on time of day.
Attached Thumbnails
Atlast! 3G in India-3g.jpg  

Old 16th November 2012, 23:47   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi
Any Idea 3G user in Bangalore. Yor experience! Already have a Idea connection. However thinking of migrating to AirTel and as herd their 3g is awesome and cheaper than Idea.
Don't ever think of using idea services in bangalore. A colleague of mine was unhappy with airtel pathetic customer service and switched over to Idea using MNP. The reason he opted for Idea is he wanted the VAS of Idea to Idea one local no. free. That was the biggest blunder he committed. 3G was a far dream, he was not even getting proper network signal. Most of the time his phone showed no service and umpteen call to customer care was of no use. Finally he was forced to change his number within 15 days of use and switched over to airtel.

coming back to the point, IMO the quality of 3G in bangalore is from airtel > BSNL > Vodafone > Aircel in that order. Trying other service providers like Idea, docomo, etc. is a big risk. Just my 2 cents
Old 21st November 2012, 11:40   #538
BHPian

Been using Airtel 3g for months now and I get at least 4 to 5 mbps constantly. The signal has been excellent and so are the prices.

Atlast! 3G in India-forumrunner_20121121_113957.png

These are the speeds I got today morning on my Airtel 3g network on my Galaxy Note.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 21st November 2012, 14:59   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am using Aircel 3G on my iPad 3 since 3 months now. Though, I am on their lowest 3G plan (199/month - 1GB), i must say i am very much satisfied and most of the time irrespective of the locality in Bangalore i get 3G speeds, except my residence (Koramangala) - not sure why and it is really funny! But i dont bother much since i have Airtel Broadband at home and switch over to WiFi.

What i felt from my experience, 3G data plan quality and cost is more or less the same when you compare Airtel Vs Aircel with Aircel having advantage of better customer support and less crowded Relationship center at least in Bangalore
Hi lazybrain, am currently using BSNL for my iPad2.
The problem with BSNL 3G plan (prepaid) for tablet is that it has limited choices.
102: 1 day unlimited usage
751: 30 days and 6GB
1000: 30days and 9GB (not very sure)

The coverage is good, speed is OK. But I do feel that they should have more options, now if I have to recharge for usage on a trip, the minimum amount is 751!
102 is for single day... And recharging daily might not be possible.
How do you rate Aircel outside Bangalore (if you have tried)?
Old 21st November 2012, 15:50   #540
Senior - BHPian

Looking at this 94 per month for 1GB on my Reliance CDMA is looking like a steal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks