Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 14:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Hey guys!!

Which are the best games in motorsports on wii??

navin : where did you get your wii from for 16k ?? it is modded too??

heard somwhere that the graphic quality is not at par with the ps2 / ps3 or xbox - any feedback on this!!

cheers
you have NFS carbon on the Wii. However the best driving game happens to be mario cart!
its unfortunate for driving sim enthusiasts but thats the nature of the console!
Old 5th June 2009, 16:42   #17
BHPian

Which are the best games in motorsports on wii??

Anything to match the F1 or NFS series here??

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2009 at 15:00. Reason: Please do NOT type in all BOLD
Old 5th June 2009, 16:53   #18
BHPian

As i said in my earlier post, sadly NO!

the NFS series is available on the Wii but the graphics are par with the PS2 and not the Xbox360 or the PS3 so the feel of the titles is very different.

Why dont you run through the list of games for the wii, its on the nintendo website!
Old 9th June 2009, 20:34   #19
BHPian

Anyone guide me on a good price for Wii Fit w/ board in India ? I went to Palika in Delhi but found a huge variation b/w Rs. 7,600 and 10,700.

I know it costs around GBP 67.99 in London where i bought the console, the product of out of stock then, and now in India, I just can't seem to find any 'UK' popular titles. All I saw in Palika were Chinese and Japanese kiddo games. No Call of Duty, Super Smash Brawl, Manhunt, none... :(
Old 10th June 2009, 19:53   #20
BHPian

I am not sure if the original wii fir board is available here, just as my other purchases I purchased the wii fit game ( and the balance board) and my guitar hero : world edition kit from abroad.

You should find super smash bros online, if you have a modded wii you can run downloads too

Too bad I have not been able to mod my wii yet :(
Old 18th June 2009, 11:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

My cousin has got a Wii fit for his Wii. But I rarely use it and play Call of Duty 5 instead . BTW, My nick is "shai" in case anyone here has recently played CoD5 online on the Wii.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

I just walked in home with a modded wii along with the Wii Fit Board and a spare remote + Nanchuk and half a dozen games - mostly Mario and the Wii Sports.

What is the most physically demanding game on wii - I want to see if I can shed some weight too!

Now off to read the manual and install the thing! Daughters are damn excited - strangely not the wife.. wonder why..

Last edited by kb100 : 15th July 2009 at 20:18.
Old 15th July 2009, 23:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

kb100,

None of the games are demanding enough to shed any weight but you do burn a few more calories than you would sitting down just fiddling your thumbs on other game consoles.
Old 19th July 2009, 14:29   #24
BHPian

Hey Guys - Sorry for a repost of a previous question on this thread, but I don't seem to have understood, why the US Wii needs modding to work in India.

Here is my situation: I want to pick up a Wii from the US (List is $249 or ~ Rs. 12.5K). I will connect this to either of two LCD TV's - both Samsung Bordeux Arts. Now are we saying that the Wii won't display output here correctly? I already have voltage converters at home so getting the power source right should not be an issue.

Also are Wii games reigion encoded? Is that why people prefer picking up the Wii in India so game content is easily available?

Finally, Croma is selling the Wii for 24K - that is double of what I would spend getting it from the US!

So I guess the bottom line is: Do I buy the Wii in India or the US? I would appreciate a quick response since if the Wii has to be picked up in the US, it has to be done within the next day.

Thanks!
vcash
Old 19th July 2009, 17:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Hey Guys - Sorry for a repost of a previous question on this thread, but I don't seem to have understood, why the US Wii needs modding to work in India.

Here is my situation: I want to pick up a Wii from the US (List is $249 or ~ Rs. 12.5K). I will connect this to either of two LCD TV's - both Samsung Bordeux Arts. Now are we saying that the Wii won't display output here correctly? I already have voltage converters at home so getting the power source right should not be an issue.

Also are Wii games reigion encoded? Is that why people prefer picking up the Wii in India so game content is easily available?

Finally, Croma is selling the Wii for 24K - that is double of what I would spend getting it from the US!

So I guess the bottom line is: Do I buy the Wii in India or the US? I would appreciate a quick response since if the Wii has to be picked up in the US, it has to be done within the next day.

Thanks!
vcash
There is no issue in the playback as most TV's have both NTSC/PAL and can detect the type of input and beam accordingly, one of my friends did the same as you are planning too and has no issues et all in the playback.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

I bought the US model last year ($240 at Costco). Apart from having to use a transformer (220V>110V, the US model does 110V only) I haven't had a problem. Don't remember whether I had to select anything on the Wii, but it kind of worked straight out of the box with my Panasonic LCD TV.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Vcash

Why would you want to go thru all that? Local prices are waaaay cheaper than that!

I picked up a modded Wii (softmodded - no hardware hacks), with the Wii Sports 5 game DVD for Rs.11,500/- (grey)

I paid another 3,500 for an extra set of remote+nanchuk.

The Wii Fit Board with the Games thrown in costed me another 7,800/-.

I picked up four additional games, out of the hundreds available, @ Rs.150 each!

Everything plays out of the box - and no wasting time/money with 220>110 V converters etc!
Old 21st July 2009, 09:31   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
source

kb100,

Did you source it from bangalore? Can you please let us know the source ( you can PM me if dont want to make it public ).

Also, does this person undertake repairs of the US consoles? A friend of mine got it from the US and it went kaput after 1 week. Looks like some fuse in the adapter is blown. So he is looking for some place to service it.

m800
Old 21st July 2009, 10:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
kb100,

Did you source it from bangalore? Can you please let us know the source ( you can PM me if dont want to make it public ).

Also, does this person undertake repairs of the US consoles? A friend of mine got it from the US and it went kaput after 1 week. Looks like some fuse in the adapter is blown. So he is looking for some place to service it.

m800

National Market - Sukh Sagar Complex. One of the shops along the left flank on the ground floor (a fairly large on midway down the corridor - I think the person's name is Manish)

I have no idea about repairs though. He will surely know someone.
Old 9th November 2009, 22:48   #30
BHPian

Hi ,

Any body have idea where we can get modded will in pune or mumbai? I am looking for Wii+ fitplus + motion plus.

One more question , If I buy all these 3 from US and then try to mod the wii here , how much it will cost? any idea?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks