Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 17:14   #61
BHPian

i am looking for buying backed up wii games in pune. but i have no idea which shop to look for in camp. any idea how much should it cost for wii game?

(plz reply quickly as i am about to start in another 15 min )

Thanks!
Old 5th November 2010, 01:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
i am looking for buying backed up wii games in pune. but i have no idea which shop to look for in camp. any idea how much should it cost for wii game?
it costs 150 at most of the shops in camp.
unfortunately my wii is 4.2 version and it doesnt support backed up dvds.
Only usb-hdd can be used for that purpose..
Old 13th November 2010, 20:43   #63
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for this Wii game Chicken Riot
Amazon.com: Chicken Riot: Video Games: Reviews, Prices & more

If anyone finds it in any store in Bangalore, Or any India online site can you please drop me a msg ?

Thanks in advance
Fillmore
Old 15th November 2010, 10:44   #64
BHPian

I tried to plug in my US bought Wii using an 220->110V adapter, but there was a 'snap' sound and I think it blew the power brick. Is there anywhere I can get the 220V power brick alone in Hyd? And how much will it approximately cost?
Old 15th November 2010, 12:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I tried to plug in my US bought Wii using an 220->110V adapter, but there was a 'snap' sound and I think it blew the power brick. Is there anywhere I can get the 220V power brick alone in Hyd? And how much will it approximately cost?
I got mine from JJ Mehta
Games Consoles

1.5k INR and ships within 3 days.
At least you are sure its not some duplicate piece.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:29   #66
BHPian

JJ Mehta says, it is 3-rd party. Is there any place one can get original adapter? In Bangalore preferrably. Thanks
Old 29th November 2010, 18:34   #67
BHPian

have bought some step down transformer from nearby electrical shop.
now i have to just plug-in wii and it works.

i dont remember the price, maybe it was around 600rs :(
Old 29th November 2010, 18:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
No need to buy a new one. You just blew a Capacitor. Take it to any good electrician . He will need to short the capacitor and you will be good to go.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:36   #69
BHPian

Re: Nintendo Wii

My Wii which I had gotten from US has stopped working - no audio video (seems to be a common issue). Since Nintendo does not have any support in India I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions to get it fixed.
Old 20th March 2015, 12:32   #70
BHPian

Help needed with wii game console

Fellow bhpians, I really need help with this.

I am planning to shell out around 30K for a wii console + a screen and accessories for my small kid (only wii, no ps or xbox as of now) and considering this.

http://www.amazon.in/Nintendo-Consol...1&keywords=wii

I also want to buy a monitor (most probably a dell IPs panel so that it can be used with wii as well as with my home PC) with HDMi input. I am not familiar with wiis so what am I looking at? I have read that wiis (or the above wii) only have component + RCA outs so do I need a wii HDMi converter + an HDMI cable? With the above wii and a standard Dell IPS panel with HDMI input what other accessories am I looking at? How many games come with this 5 in 1 sports pack? Do I need extra memory cards and do they have slots? Thanks you very much in advance. I need a complete system with all connectors, accessories and cables for them ready to go once delivered.

Last edited by redfire : 20th March 2015 at 12:43.
Old 21st March 2015, 09:11   #71
BHPian

Re: Help needed with wii game console

As far as I know, the wii console only comes with a standard AV cables, so you will have to have buy the HDMI component cables separately. Also, there are standard SD card slots on the console as the console only comes with 512 MB of internal memory. I guess the 5 in 1 sports pack include baseball, boxing, tennis, golf and bowling but I am not sure on this.

If you are ready to shell out 30K, why not go for a PS3 or xbox 360? Probably these consoles comes with everything you need bundled with them and you don't need to buy anything separately.
Old 21st March 2015, 12:44   #72
BHPian

Re: Help needed with wii game console

I have a Wii & a Balance board, loved by both kids & adults at home. Great variety of Active games, but my favorite is still just to play Super Mario series from a couch

Games are loaded from CDs, you can also download games onto memory. It also has a USB port with which you can use a USB stick to store games on.

Read this:
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/ninte...-usb-27495531/
Old 28th June 2015, 19:31   #73
BHPian

I just purchased a Wii U for my kid. The kit came with a pre-installed Mariokart 8! I love playing it and so do my kid. I would like to know what other interesting games can I get for my kid? I've seen some advertisements of games which require movement of your body. Any recommendations?
Old 28th June 2015, 21:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I just purchased a Wii U for my kid. The kit came with a pre-installed Mariokart 8! I love playing it and so do my kid. I would like to know what other interesting games can I get for my kid? I've seen some advertisements of games which require movement of your body. Any recommendations?
Based on the games I have played on my Wii, the best games are Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.
Apart from that you could look at some generally popular games like FIFA, Call of Duty,Resident Evil etc. if you are into those games.

I think Wii U is backward compatible so even if these games aren't available on Wii U, you could buy the Wii versions and you would be good to go.
Old 29th June 2015, 15:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Blew up the 120 V Power Brick in the US made WII. Anyone got the capacitor job done? Or should I buy a new WII. Also I think it plays only NTSC. Do we get NTSC games in India? Replies much appreciated folks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks