Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 15:04   #16
BANNED

I have had too many cases of delays in credit of my PostPaid Mobile biil (I presonally out the cheque in the box at least a week in advance). Hve been charged repeatedly for delayed payment, and disconnected once. Now I just keep a month's payment surplus! Cannot wait for number portability to come in.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:14   #17
lsp
BHPian

I pay my MTNL bills online for a long time now and havent faced any issues with it. *Touchwood*
And not just for small amounts. Once I had a monthly bill nearing 10k.
Old 1st March 2012, 18:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: Online Bill Payment

Anybody from Pune who pays their landline/broadband bill online thru their site https://www.billdesk.com/pgmerc/bsnlpune/index.htm ?

Been trying to pay bill for about a week now, but it says number is either invalid or there is no bill. I know they are upgrading their billing systems, but this is too much - they don't even display a correct error message.

Was wondering if its not working for everyone or for some reason its not displaying the bill for our number only.

Anybody from Pune with the same issue?
Old 1st March 2012, 19:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Anybody from Pune who pays their landline/broadband bill online thru their site https://www.billdesk.com/pgmerc/bsnlpune/index.htm ?

Been trying to pay bill for about a week now, but it says number is either invalid or there is no bill. I know they are upgrading their billing systems, but this is too much - they don't even display a correct error message.

Was wondering if its not working for everyone or for some reason its not displaying the bill for our number only.

Anybody from Pune with the same issue?
Raccoon, I've been having the same problem and found out that these people are doing a software upgrade which has led to this problem.

I paid the bill(s) thru cheque at the nearest BSNL office where there are long queues. According to the person at the payment counter, the site was supposed to be up this afternoon but that hasn't happened. After all it is BSNL - nothing said can be treated as authentic info.

Don't wait and just pay the amount at their office.

Cheers!
Old 1st March 2012, 19:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^^Yes, know they were/are upgrading their billing systems; but didn't imagine they would just keep the bill pay service down for so long! No time at all to stand in their queues... don't they have any other way to pay?

Even tried calling their customer care twice and got varied and useless answers.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^^Yes, know they were/are upgrading their billing systems; but didn't imagine they would just keep the bill pay service down for so long! No time at all to stand in their queues... don't they have any other way to pay?

Even tried calling their customer care twice and got varied and useless answers.
If you have registered BSNL as a presentment biller at any one of your banks you may be able to use netbanking bill payment facility to settle this. My Dad paid his bill in this manner.

Regards,
Old 1st March 2012, 21:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
If you have registered BSNL as a presentment biller at any one of your banks you may be able to use netbanking bill payment facility to settle this. My Dad paid his bill in this manner.
Regards,
I had done that with HDFC. But since it was a paid service, and it was possible to pay it from BSNL's own portal along with some % of cashback or something, I deregistered the service.

Just added BSNL as a presentment biller in IDBI (free), but it seems you can only pay the bill from the next cycle. Ditto with Visa Bill pay.

So now there seem to be no option.

BSNL is the pits. The least they could have done is to inform.
Old 5th March 2012, 03:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Finally found a way! Payed the bill here - BSNL Portal || Value Added Services -- Landline Bill payments,Cellone bill payments,Mobile recharge/topup

Usually pay from here - https://www.billdesk.com/pgmerc/bsnlpune/index.htm. But as mentioned earlier, this one has been down for weeks now.

Found this on my own couple days ago; but I wonder if I saved any time compared to my going to the exchange personally. Even tried to call them but got zero useful info. No mention on the sites also. But then is it rational to expect anything different from a sick sarkari company?

Anyway, others with the same problem can now pay online.
Old 5th March 2012, 06:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using BSNL portal for paying my landline bill for more than a year now, and have never had any problems. Ditto for Bangalore Telecom porta/website to pay my CellOne bills.

only problem /restriction I see is that, if over-due, then I have to go to the Telecom office to pay the bill. Otherwise, neither has the portal been down, nor has the transaction have any problems.
Old 5th March 2012, 17:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

^^^Yes, no acceptance of online payment after the due date is a huge hassle. However, you can pay even after due date if you use the 1st link I gave in the earlier post. A window was displayed saying there will be a fine; however, the payment amount remained the same. Dunno if they are going to charge it in the next bill.

Bill was delayed because of their portal being down, yet they have the cheek to ask for a fine.
Old 6th March 2012, 00:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
^^^Yes, no acceptance of online payment after the due date is a huge hassle. However, you can pay even after due date if you use the 1st link I gave in the earlier post. A window was displayed saying there will be a fine; however, the payment amount remained the same. Dunno if they are going to charge it in the next bill.

Bill was delayed because of their portal being down, yet they have the cheek to ask for a fine.
when BSNL portal works, it works fine for days, once it starts giving errors, you would need real patience to tolerate it.

Anyways, I closed BSNL broadband a couple of months back, as it was down for 20-25 days a month, and I had to run to exchange everyday, I was so fed-up that i closed the connection and not to forget, they always charged full RENT, no matter it worked or not, They always had an excuse, underground OFC was cut here and there etc etc.

Loving the reliance netconnect+ 24x7, no need to run after anyone now.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

^^^Sorry to hear its so bad there. As far as reliability goes, its pretty reliable when it works. Uptime is almost 99%. But should you develop any kind or problem, you'll see hell.

You never applied for rental rebate? They are bound to allow you that. No service, no payment. Who cares about their excuses?
Old 16th April 2012, 20:12   #28
BHPian

I cannot say the same for BSNL. They have a regular problem with payment gateways. Be it any bank.
Old 8th May 2012, 19:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the same problem with the BillDesk site last few months.

Finally I realized that portal.bsnl.in now supports Pune users as well.

So, Pune users have a reason to rejoice now.
Old 11th May 2012, 12:09   #30
BHPian

Bsnl portal not working for me for the past week. throws up an error.
Any alternative for pune users ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks