Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 13:45   #46
BHPian

Re: BESCOM Online Bill Payment - Bangalore

If you have a Bangalore one center near by the place you live, it is the best option. They are open 24 X 7 and during night times, there will be no crowd at all. Also, they do have a website, they charge a nominal fee, but it is very reliable, convenient & authoritative, hence the reliability factor is high.

www.bangaloreone.gov.in/‎
Old 11th June 2013, 14:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I stay in bellandur area and there is a machine where you can deposit the cash. You can finish the job in 5 to 10 mins as you are helped by some worker who login through his account and take care of the proceedings
I am assuming this is a BangaloreOne center you are referring to. Can you please give me the exact location of this.

It is possible to pay the bill online using HDFC or ICICI banks also, but this can be done only from the next billing cycle.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:32   #48
BHPian

I stopped paying online as I feel that I am ending up paying more. Found a BESCOM counter near to my area and they have Machine and an operator. There used to be very small queue and paying by cash is much much faster.
Old 11th June 2013, 15:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I am assuming this is a BangaloreOne center you are referring to. Can you please give me the exact location of this.

It is possible to pay the bill online using HDFC or ICICI banks also, but this can be done only from the next billing cycle.
No it is not BangaloreOne
It is near to Panchayat office/in front of Ram temple in Bellandur once you take left turn after central if you are coming from Suncity apartment side ie opposite from Marthahalli
Need more location PM me
Old 28th June 2013, 18:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Online Bill Payment

BESCOM has recently moved our Electricity subdivision S11 (and a few other sub divisions) to a new accounting system and we need to have account number mandatory to pay bills online. Does anyone know how to obtain the account number?

The account number is not mentioned anywhere in the bill and the RR number indicated in the bill is not the account number.

Does anyone know if the payment works at a BESCOM Kiosk (Bellandur in my case) without hassle and account number?

PS: One has learn from our govt agencies to screw up people's lives .

Last edited by Jaguar : 28th June 2013 at 18:57.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:27   #51
BHPian

Yes, BESCOM has moved to some new system called "RAPDRP" or some such thing, starting around July 2013. Its a new system thats based on an a/c# (as opposed to RR#). Apparently thats the reason why online billpay for BESCOM is now not working in ICICIBank, Citibank, etc (indeed, my ICICI bill-presentment alert didnt come since July 2013).

Yup, our goofy govt knows only how to screw up its citizen's lives. I dont know why they cant do things in a way that consumers arent affected.

Anyway, the URL to pay bill from BESCOM's site: http://www.bescom.co.in/ (click on Online payment or Quickpay link, which will prompt for a/c#). There is no need to login/pwd, etc.

Remember to use Billdesk svc, and that too with immediate payment via
internet banking, as thats what has the least svc chg (about Rs 5).
All other options have a %age-based svc chg that will typically amount
to Rs 25 or so.

And BTW, it only lists PSU banks.

Anyone knows when I can resume BESCOM bill payments using ICICI Bank's Billpay svc, using this new account#? (to make things worse, ICICI still lets you register for BESCOM as a biller using RR#. I wish they had deactivated that to mitigate the confusion, re-activating it only once the integration to the new BESCOM system is in place)
Old 12th August 2013, 10:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Remember to use Billdesk svc, and that too with immediate payment via
internet banking, as thats what has the least svc chg (about Rs 5).
All other options have a %age-based svc chg that will typically amount
to Rs 25 or so.
Weren't Billdesk services free?
Old 12th August 2013, 11:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
the URL to pay bill from BESCOM's site: http://www.bescom.co.in/
And BTW, it only lists PSU banks.
Correction: I just paid my bill today using this link, and I noticed that it now lists ICICI bank also (and HDFC Bank too IIRC). Last mth they had had only PSU banks.
Old 12th August 2013, 11:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
BESCOM has recently moved our Electricity subdivision S11 (and a few other sub divisions) to a new accounting system and we need to have account number mandatory to pay bills online. Does anyone know how to obtain the account number?
Sorry for the late reply. In case you havent found it out yet, the account number can be found on your latest bill. Starting July. Please check that.
Old 12th August 2013, 12:03   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone knows when I can resume BESCOM bill payments using ICICI Bank's Billpay svc, using this new account#? (to make things worse, ICICI still lets you register for BESCOM as a biller using RR#. I wish they had deactivated that to mitigate the confusion, re-activating it only once the integration to the new BESCOM system is in place)

Best alternative way to pay bill is to have an account in Bangalore One.
You can pay via credit card. Works very well.

Citibank had sent out a mail that some sub-sections would be active on their portal for bill payment.
Old 12th August 2013, 12:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! Paid by CC. Was charged 1%, http://www.bescom.co.in/SCP/MyAccount/QuickPayment.aspx MORE than happy to pay online than stand in the dreaded Queue.

Rgds.
Old 12th August 2013, 12:33   #57
BHPian

Update:

If you are unable to know your account number AND know your RR number and subdivision, AND have a BangaloreOne account, you can get to know your A/c number from

http://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/Besco...untNumber.aspx
Old 17th November 2013, 20:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

My Netbanking has got BESCOM-S7 back, so I'm trying to add them again as a biller. The problem I see is that I don't have the Bill Number on my bill (!!). The Bill Number field of my BESCOM bill has my "Account ID - Reading Date", the former being constant across multiple bills and the latter matching the same field elsewhere in the bill.

I checked with my last month's bill as seen on http://www.bescom.co.in/SCP/MyAccount/ViewBill.aspx - the Bill Number on the website is nowhere on my last month's bill.

My current month's bill has not been uploaded in the above website, even though my payment is due later in the week and the reading has been taken a good 10 days ago. In any case, paying from the above site costs a bit extra (about Rs. 100+ST for my level of consumption), so I prefer paying via Netbanking/Bill Pay.

Is it just me? How are other S7 folks dealing with this? I can upload a scan of the bill if needed.
Old 18th November 2013, 11:16   #59
BHPian

My BESCOM bill for the month arrived on 12th. The due date is the 22nd. Yet for the past 5 days I cannot find the bill details on http://www.bescom.co.in/SCP/MyAccount/ViewBill.aspx

How can I pay the bill now, as the due date is fast approaching. This problem never happened previously. Earlier, the bill would show up on the website by latest the 15th. Anyone else facing the problem?
Old 18th November 2013, 11:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Earlier, the bill would show up on the website by latest the 15th. Anyone else facing the problem?
Yes. In the same bind as you. Are you also in S7? My due date is 23/11.

Looks like I will have to take some time off to go to BLR1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks