Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2020, 12:52   #91
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Online Bill Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've absolutely no qualms in paying what BESCOM demand especially when the meter reading is correct!
True. I don't know why BESCOM never explained that they've doubled the allowances in each slab. It coincided with a month of peak summer and people staying at home/working from home and hence more usage. In fact, for last month, I never saw any communication from them asking us to pay the same amount as previous (March) bill. I have registered for bill pay via the bank and the bill never showed up on the portal. Around 20th march when I heard from some friends about this, I found that the online payment on the BESCOM website displayed the bill for payment with previous bill amount and then I paid.
Old 18th May 2020, 15:44   #92
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am seeing the below? I am wondering why 5kW

Online Bill Payment-d10d5ed399844419b877a2007f61d5a5.jpeg

No extra motors or pumps are used at our house. It si an individual house. With higher kW wont the billing also be higher?
Old 2nd August 2023, 11:24   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Since my consumption doesn't qualify for free power or free anything.
Bescom and the current government in Karnataka have done the following to pass the buck to others. Increase the fixed sanctioned load charges, increased the slab rate of first 100 units from ₹4.85 to ₹7 and raised FAC(fuel adjustment charge) from ₹0.06 to ₹2.05 and further they increased tax on electricity bill from 7% to 9%. Remember electricity is excempted from GST and all the taxes collected goes to Karnataka government. They also have removed the solar water heater rebate of Rs50 every month.

Expect a increase in BWSSB water bill and property tax later this year.

Last edited by aim120 : 2nd August 2023 at 11:26.
Old 2nd August 2023, 12:26   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Bescom and the current government in Karnataka have done the following to pass the buck to others.
+1 to this. Our electricity bills have jumped to double what we used to get pre-election timelines.

On a (optimistically) positive note, this should incentivize people to shift to solar panels much more than anything else. Compared to our monthly bills ranging in 4 digit figures, my parents (with solar panels) get bills that barely hits lower 3 digit figures.
Old 2nd August 2023, 12:32   #95
BHPian

In our home, we have been discussing on the increase in electricity bill in Bangalore and is it justified etc.

Let me give my personal opinion as a responsible citizen of India on the money we pay for energy consumption.

1. It is perfectly OK if Government can convince the public that the people who can afford should not take subsidy. For e.g crores of people have voluntarily given up subsidies on Gas cylinders which in turn is passed to the people who needed subsidies.

2. I remember I received a certificate from IT dept saying Thanks for paying taxes and being a silver member etc. I took a xerox copy and pasted it in my cubicle as a proud responsible citizen. In fact, we should all paste it on our cars also so that we get respect from all public servants who get salaries from the taxes we pay. At least our Car should not be towed for petty reasons.

3. Out of all cities in India, I chose Bangalore to relocate from USA to India because it is called garden city, Silicon Valley, air conditioned city etc. We hardly need to use air conditioner or fans at home. I pay around Rs 2 K electricity charges per month for a 4 BHK 3 storied gated community villa besides the first IT park in India . When I compare the same with my cousins living in cities like Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, an average electricity bill for a 4 BHK in peak summer is coming to 8K as the temperatures reach near 45 C. If the Government can convince the public that 2K monthly bill would be be increased for Bangaloreans to 2.5 K per month for people who can afford and the subsidy would be given to the poor, I am personally OK with it.

3. It is very important that every citizen must be patriotic and pay taxes and glad to know the record number of returns filed this year. It is not correct that only the salaried folks pay taxes and the businesses will find hundred ways to avoid taxes.

4. I have worked all over the world from cities
near to north pole (Montreal) to cities nearer to South Pole (Hobart ,Tasmania) and extreme desert temperature cities in Saudi. Out of all countries, India is a blessed country in the sense that we don’t have extreme weather conditions for most part of the country. Just imagine the energy charges one has to pay in winters and summers especially for the people who cannot afford but live in such places of extreme weather.
Mystic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 01:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
If the Government can convince the public that 2K monthly bill would be be increased for Bangaloreans to 2.5 K per month for people who can afford and the subsidy would be given to the poor, I am personally OK with it.
I am against freebie politics. But even otherwise, the question we need to as is if these subsidies really going to deserving folks. And the answer is a big NO.

Let me give a couple of examples. Some colleagues were discussing how to apply for the subsidy as their usage is less. One was even cribbing about still needing to pay the fixed charge/meter charge, which is not needed for his TN home. Another friend said that she takes the free bus for short distances. These are people earning more than a lakh per month. Should they be eligible for any subsidy? And more importantly, why should I pay for them? As long as the system does not differentiate between the real needy and the corrupt cheap stakes, I am not OK with paying extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I pay around Rs 2 K electricity charges per month for a 4 BHK 3 storied gated community villa besides the first IT park in India .
The first IT part in India is the Technopark in Trivandrum, Kerala.

Last edited by Jaguar : 3rd August 2023 at 01:14.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks