Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 16:47   #12241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Although the Nothing Phone (2a) seems to be a good phone, i doubt that it is a smart move by Nothing.

Chopped

The more they launch ultra-cheap phones, they will end up as Redmi/Poco/Realme wannabes.
I believe oneplus lost traction a bit after the dude left and then the screen issues plagued them.

Still think it is ok for two phones to co-exist in the nothing stable. One bottom-mid range and one upper-mid range.

Quirky looker that stands out, can't blame them for trying

Let's hope the company does well. Good competition is always good.

Edit: Ordered the 2a for my wife today noon. Should get it on Thursday. Hope she likes the surprise

Last edited by deathwalkr : 12th March 2024 at 16:49.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 17:03   #12242
BHPian

I too want to buy a phone for my dad. Nothing 2a seems good but Iqoo z9 has lower price with almost similar features. I was watching a z9 unbox review and it has some bloatware which can be uninstalled. What do you guys suggest?
Old 12th March 2024, 17:45   #12243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Edit: Ordered the 2a for my wife today noon. Should get it on Thursday. Hope she likes the surprise
Me too ordered 256 GB black variant and delivery is expected on Thursday. Current phone is ~ 5 year old Redmi K20 Pro.

I tried to buy S23 few days back but order cancelled by Samsung due to strange card reasons. My new phone search started with iphone 15 plus and ended up buying 2A.

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th March 2024 at 17:53.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 21:17   #12244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Me too ordered 256 GB black variant and delivery is expected on Thursday. Current phone is ~ 5 year old Redmi K20 Pro.
After thinking a lot on whether I should buy a phone of a brand which is relatively newer in the market, I took the plunge. Ordered the black 8GB 256GB variant, as I somehow managed to extend my budget to get the model with more storage. Phone will arrive on Friday. Current phone is a 2019 Samsung M30S.
TurboKat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 23:03   #12245
BHPian

Ordered the Nothing 2a 8gm ram + 256Gb variant. Pre-loaded apps and games were a deal breaker for me.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20240314_215019.jpg

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20240314_215015.jpg

Charger's packaging bigger than phone's.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20240314_2201142.jpg
shikh_oberoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 23:28   #12246
BHPian

Was looking at the new Xiaomi 14 Ultra. Specs and features are good, camera might turn out to be class leading amongst flagships. Pricing at 95k (after 5k Credit Card discount) is in my view 10k more than what I expected. However the dealbreaker for me is the lack of eSIM (especially for a flagship) and lower battery capacity specifically in the Indian model.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 11:12   #12247
Senior - BHPian

Nothing Phone (2a):

Looks like none of the top names have a case for this model :(

Guess Kapaver is the safe option but will launch only after two weeks or so. Have to do with a random brand transparent bumper for now.

Was hoping Ringke or Spigen would come out with cases for this phone.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 12:15   #12248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Nothing Phone (2a):

Looks like none of the top names have a case for this model :(

Guess Kapaver is the safe option but will launch only after two weeks or so. Have to do with a random brand transparent bumper for now.

Was hoping Ringke or Spigen would come out with cases for this phone.
Yes, I bought TheGiftKart case for the time being.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5737241 (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods)

I am facing a strange issue with 2A. As shown in the quoted post, I am using clear hard case and notice moisture accumulation inside rear bottom area. I wiped it yesterday once but see the same today as well. Looks like humid weather, temp difference between phone back and case causing the issue.

Last edited by Latheesh : 15th March 2024 at 12:17.
Old 18th March 2024, 20:42   #12249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am facing a strange issue with 2A. As shown in the quoted post, I am using clear hard case and notice moisture accumulation inside rear bottom area. I wiped it yesterday once but see the same today as well. Looks like humid weather, temp difference between phone back and case causing the issue.
No issue now! I cleaned it again, kept it for 30 min, and put it back in the case.

Pre-ordered (lol) Kapaver impulse case from their website. Delivery expected by first week of April

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th March 2024 at 21:11.
Old 21st March 2024, 13:00   #12250
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
I too want to buy a phone for my dad. Nothing 2a seems good but Iqoo z9 has lower price with almost similar features. I was watching a z9 unbox review and it has some bloatware which can be uninstalled. What do you guys suggest?
I think you should check out the Realme Narzo 70 Pro. They advertise "minimum pre-installed apps" as one of their USPs.

Edit: Just saw you bought the 2A. Congratulations.

Last edited by Oxy : 21st March 2024 at 13:06.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 18:42   #12251
BHPian

Samsung has started seeding OneUI 6.1 to S23 Series phones. I got it today noon for S23 Ultra

more info here and also
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 22:02   #12252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Samsung has started seeding OneUI 6.1 to S23 Series phones. I got it today
I am excited for this update for my S23 ultra as well . Yet to receive this update in Australia so far.

In particular, the speech translation feature is the one I'm eyeing because I've met many (and I mean many) native Chinese and Vietnamese nationals who don't speak a single word of English, and trying to actively translate using Google becomes a chore in itself.
Old 1st April 2024, 22:02   #12253

Got Nothing 2a at launch price of 20000. The phone is very capable midrange phone. I did not want to buy any of the Chinese Androids. The use of plastics all around actually makes the phone lighter.
The only issue with the phone is that Android auto is very slow and almost useless. The problem seems to be specific to Bosch units used in Maruti cars. Filed a ticket and company has promised an OTA fix. Fingers crossed.
More details on the issue
https://nothing.community/d/6889-and...h-phone-2a/126
Old 2nd April 2024, 03:05   #12254
BHPian

Hello friends, I need a suggestion.

I am in Europe for sometime now and with little German language skills, I find it real difficult to sustain.

Luckily the OnePlus 9R I used has a feature of smart slider where you can easily add Google lens wizard and very quickly translate what's written on screen. Since I have to interact with lots of people who speaks no English, this feature helps in quick translation without testing others patience.

Unfortunately my 9R had fell down and has a fine line on display.

I really find the 9R apt, quite powerful for my normal use and would prefer to repair the display, but not sure about the reliability afterwards. Since last two days post the fall, no other symptoms than lines on screen. Pic attached.

Few suggestions around before questions would be really helpful.

1) Should I buy a new phone (<35 k INR) instead of repair?
2) Will the new OnePlus Nord CE4 have almost similar user experience as 9R?
3) I prefer OnePlus alternate phone for ease of data transfer and easy translate options. Is there any other viable good option under 35 K INR?

Thank you all for reading through and possible advices
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20240401_235915.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_20240402_000125.jpg  

Last edited by hari_rama : 2nd April 2024 at 03:32. Reason: Attachment missing
Old 2nd April 2024, 05:01   #12255
BHPian

TL;DR: I wish to swap the battery to a new one in my Samsung Note 10Lite. Any reviews if there would be reliability issues after this?

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10lite for quite some time now (~3.5years). Its reasonably quick, well equipped (S-Pen, Galaxy features suite and the still relevant cameras). I'm a power user of the Bixby Routines and Nova Launcher (paid version). All of this keep the mobile usage ever fresh for me.

Although, the battery degradation started getting a little bothersome these days (understandably, considering its age). I'm looking to replace the battery at a Samsung store, if its still available!
Any reviews of reliability hit after battery change? (I think its not the same once opened).

I really don't want to move on from this phone as I don't see any similar replacement and similar price point (A good Samsung phone, with S-Pen if possible, haha). If i'm missing any Gem (of a phone), please enlighten me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks