Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 11:06   #1396
BHPian

Oops a bit late on the reply.

@RTech and devarshi
Yes the premium pack indeed comes bundled with 2Gig card, wonder how i missed to tell You!

I havent used bluetooth headset extensively before, but from the little experience ive had with Jabra, I feel Rokr headset really rocks.

However couple of things I felt on using the headset.
1) The pause/play buttons dont seem to work for me
2) The buttons on the headset are too sensitive
3) Everytime i try to put the headset on, I think about the chances of breaking it

I like the headset despite its glitches, but would have loved it if it supported radio reception.

TChau,
+Rocky_Balboa+
Old 26th April 2007, 11:46   #1397
Senior - BHPian

I have the Rs. 200/- 100MB limit data plan from Airtel. I can connect my laptop and desktop to net using my phone as modem. But i use Windows Mobile phone and i don't know if that makes any difference in me being able to connect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I hope you have using that Rs.600 plan because only that will work on PC or Laptop.

Create a New Dialup connection with the settings below:

Connecting Device : Your mobile modem
ISP Name : Airtel
Phone Number : *99***2# (Do check it once from Airtel Again)
Username and Password : blank
Old 26th April 2007, 11:49   #1398
Team-BHP Support

had posted my query yesterday, but the sudden roar on the other moto probably probably left it unseen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the experts,
my brother last week exchanched his 9500 for the ming.
in the process he transferred his phone book on his laptop which got saved in some 'cdb' format.
now the file would not open on any hardware, my e61, his new ming, even his laptop. get a warning saying format is not supported.
is it possible to fix this somehow?

manson.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:56   #1399
Senior - BHPian

I no more trust the bill and warranty thing. I bought Imate Jasjar with bill and warranty for 45K. I couldn't test the Blutooth when buying as i don't have any BT device. Later when i tested with a friends phone it was not working. The service center guys denied it outright saying that it is water logging problem and the company mailed me that service center has final word. Even the photos sent to me by the service center pointing to where the water is logged is no where closer to BT chipset.
The mobile companies (experianced with Imate and Nokia) are sure taking Indian customers for a ride. They don't offer replacement under warranty and only fix it even if it is manufacturing defect. I had an experiance where my Nokiaa phone was sent to service center for a month just after a week i bought it brand new with B&W. Ask them to say the same thing in developed countries and soon they will be counting the cases filed against them.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:11   #1400
Team-BHP Support

I totally believe in the Bill&warranty thing. Al my previous phones (Siemens and SEK750) had to be sent to the service centre on more than one occasion for issues. They were handled without any hassle or expense to me. But then I guess it's a personal choice.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:15   #1401
BHPian

Previous post continued as my post still awaits approval, I cannot edit it, so am adding a new post

Pocket PC users may be confused by the ActiveSync option to convert databases into Pocket Access format (.cdb), especially as there's no Microsoft application to allow viewing of this format supplied with a Pocket PC. However, you can use ActiveSync to copy and convert MS Access files for viewing on your device with a third-party Pocket Access viewer that can handle .cdb files, such as Data on the Run. See Redirect for the application and a step-by-step guide to database conversion. If you have installed a Pocket PC database application, and have a delimited text file that you wish to use on your Pocket PC, the best way forward is to import your text file into Access, then using ActiveSync, copy the Access .mdb database file over to the Pocket PC for conversion and viewing in the Pocket Access format

Source: Moving your data - Data conversion

Try this manson, could work.

Note from mod: Please refrain from using FONT and SIZE tags, it makes readability difficult
Old 26th April 2007, 13:50   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I have the Rs. 200/- 100MB limit data plan from Airtel. I can connect my laptop and desktop to net using my phone as modem. But i use Windows Mobile phone and i don't know if that makes any difference in me being able to connect.
Well that plan will work just file connect your windows mobile to pc/laptop and install the modem drivers and make a connection and follow steps i wrote in the earlier post. Let me know if it doesn't work. But do check that phone number of airtel.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:58   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
had posted my query yesterday, but the sudden roar on the other moto probably probably left it unseen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the experts,
my brother last week exchanched his 9500 for the ming.
in the process he transferred his phone book on his laptop which got saved in some 'cdb' format.
now the file would not open on any hardware, my e61, his new ming, even his laptop. get a warning saying format is not supported.
is it possible to fix this somehow?

manson.

Manson,

did you just send the file to your phone or transfer with data suite? Nokia data suite is pretty efficient. Try to transfer the addresses to your phone.

Should work. let me know the details. Will try to help you out unless the file is corrupted or not saved in proper manner.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:31   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well that plan will work just file connect your windows mobile to pc/laptop and install the modem drivers and make a connection and follow steps i wrote in the earlier post. Let me know if it doesn't work. But do check that phone number of airtel.
Sorry if my message was misguiding. I posted that because you mentioned that internet access to laptop/desktop through the mobile plan will only work with Rs.600 plan. I am using Rs.200 plan and can also connect my laptop to internet through my phone.
Old 26th April 2007, 17:35   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
[i].
Manson , why did your brother transfer to a file on the laptop ?

he could have just synchronised the contacts on the Nokia with Microsoft Outlook and when he got the Ming - install the Motorola software and synced the Ming to outlook.

I don't get it why he exported contacts to a file ?
Old 27th April 2007, 02:48   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
no i dont have the 600 plan...im on prepaid.
I just asked my friend it will work on prepaid too. just get the GPRS activated. There are charges of like around rs 20 per day for unlimited usage on prepaid connection.
Old 28th April 2007, 23:56   #1407
BHPian

Anyone tried/ seen Nokia N95

Hi folks
Have you got a chance to see Nokia N95 phone. Please let me have your feed back on it. I was planning to buy it shortly.
thanks
shiv
Old 29th April 2007, 02:13   #1408
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Nokia N95 at a Hutch Gallery,as usual the N-series special built in feature of getting hang..lolz...main feature is the 5mp camera..works superb... and for music its great clarity.Awsome smooth slider,internet,good finishing.I would rate 7/10 for the phone and 4/10 for the pricing.

Ramie
Old 29th April 2007, 09:55   #1409
Team-BHP Support

its a great phone.. as for the slow part dont worry. it will become alot faster after nokia releases firmware upgrades. seems like a great phone. it has everything one wants. but the price is a little steep.
Old 29th April 2007, 10:00   #1410
BHPian

Hi. I've tried it! 5 people known to me got it.. Its nice! But GPS in it takes a longer time to acquire satellites than my BT GPS. The slider is also clickety, so after prolonged usage it would become worse, thats for sure!

-Absar

Last edited by Absar : 29th April 2007 at 10:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks