Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 16:31   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Hey i've asked bcoz i'm going to choose mp3 as a ringtone so sound quality is more imprtant to me

Look for a motorola phone with stereo speakers that has haptics feature.
You will love it. some of the phones with stereo speakers and haptics are

1. Motorola e398
2. motorola E680i.

what haptics does is give a vibe kinda effect when bass frequencies are played. This is useful as small speakers are usually not good at playing low frequencies and vibe helps it in sounding more bassy.

played with eten m600 for a day last week. Is a good phone and very capable. The unit I had though creaked. Black looks excellent to me but some of my colleagues said it looks bland. Screen is as bright as a windows smartphone can be. Couldnt check the wi-fi. The closes competitor I had to check with was the hp ipaq 6313. M600 just blazed past.

It's is a good phone to have. Eten is still a growing company and newer models will be even greater. the next in the pipeline from eten is the g500 with gps which is same a m500 but with gps and many issues fixed.
Old 7th April 2006, 19:52   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
steeroid
How is the sound quality on Eten? I read on www.etuen-users.net that there are lots of troubles with the sound clarity. Either you can't hear clearly or others can't hear you properly....
Earlier ROM versions had issues with sound clarity, however Eten has issued a series of ROM upgrades with the latest one being released today (am about to upgrade and find out). I have no issues with sound quality while on phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
Had a basic query about WiFi phones?
What is the role of the cellPhone Service provider for WiFi?

I have a wireless router at home, will i be able to access the net using such phone immaterial of the service provider?
WiFi, GSM and Bluetooth are independent radio networks. While GSM is dependent on Service Provider, WiFi and Bluetooth have nothing to do with your GSM service provider. The Eten M600 also allows simultaneous use of all three devices so you could technically be browsing the internet @ home using WiFi AND listening to MP3s over Bluetooth AND STILL receive a call over your GSM.

To answer your question - yes you can acces the net using the wireless network at home immaterial of your service provider. You can do what I do - use Skype to make calls whenever wireless is available thereby denying your GSM service provider of their inflated revenues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Hey i've asked bcoz i'm going to choose mp3 as a ringtone so sound quality is more imprtant to me
I use mp3s, wav and midi files as ringtones and I have no issues with the sound quality. It could be a bit louder but I use Vibrate AND Ring, so it doesnt really make a difference.

The Eten G500 GPS PocketPC is available in stores - it doesnt come with WiFi, else I may have bought it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th April 2006 at 19:57.
Old 7th April 2006, 20:02   #648
SLK
Senior - BHPian

@Steeroid : I think you missed my post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
How good is the call filter?... Does the caller even gets a single ring through?

I have smartfilter on my O2 mini... it doesn't block SMSs.. but does reject the calls by the time the caller hears half a ring.
BUT it has negative effect.... people ask me.. why did you reject our call.
Then I explain ... I never got a call... b'coz if you heard half a ring... how can I reject a call on a PDA so soon?... (take it out of case etc..etc...)
Further to that.... when SMS are blocked.. what happens to delivery confirmation?
Old 7th April 2006, 20:07   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
@Steeroid : I think you missed my post....

Further to that.... when SMS are blocked.. what happens to delivery confirmation?
I tried calling my phone after blacklisting my home number - it gives a 'busy' tone but I'm not sure if there is 1/2 a ring before that...cant hear a ring sound at the caller's end even though the Eten rings for a fraction of a second.

I must try sending an SMS to find out what happens to the delivery notification, but I'm sure there will be no delivery notification...its an interesting question as the MSC has shown that you are available and the SMSC has actually sent out the message to you. It shouldnt matter to you if the message is actually shown as delivered, but the sender would obviously be paying for it!!!!!
Old 7th April 2006, 20:42   #650
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ..
Actually.. I like to.. vanish once in a while... and try to show that my phone has a problem....
That said sometimes I don't like official calls at 11:30pm... when the time ends at 6:30pm.

Interestingly .... I think the SMS delivery notification.. would be sent to the sender!
Old 8th April 2006, 05:24   #651
Senior - BHPian

A review on the war of the music phones. Which is the best music phone in the market? Find it out here.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...hones-en.shtml

Motorola E2 wins this one surprisingly over 3 walkman models, a nokia, a samsung and a siemens.

Yes eten g500 doesnt have wi-fi. Its because this one is based on the m500(older than m600) but comes with gps(hence g500). m600 is still better.

just a sidenote. here is a novelty phone which may also be one of the lightest windows phone ever. Not recommended at all to buy but certainly worth a look.

uses windows ce.net and runs on TiOmap 220mhz cpu. no bluetooth. no stylus required.

http://www.neonode.com/

here is a review of the phone

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...e-n1m-en.shtml

Old 8th April 2006, 10:09   #652
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Atom offers 802.11 b & g if I'm not mistaken...Eten gives you 802.11 b.

Atom also gives you the FM Radio which is absent from the Eten - this was not a priority for me anyway.

Atom is also smaller than the Eten (which is quite compact by itself!).

That said, Eten's OS is much more stable (it has its share of minor bugs) and they are quite prompt in releasing new updates.
The Eten is bigger than the Atom. I find the Atom a bit too big.
I just wish the OS was more stable and the camera was better. I am happy with 802.11b and never used FM.
Old 8th April 2006, 10:42   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
That said, Eten's OS is much more stable (it has its share of minor bugs) and they are quite prompt in releasing new updates.
Yesterday's ROM update (215) took care of all pending issues. Also added predictive dialling from HTC to the Eten phone!!!
Old 8th April 2006, 22:15   #654
Senior - BHPian

for those who want to buy eten m600 in the US here is a official brand that sells the same eten phones.

they are officially sold as torq p120 in US.

http://www.torq.to/

TORQ P120 for only US$529

here is a detailed review for thos who are genuinely interested in this product.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=2810

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...icle&artid=232

video review here (only for high bandwidth users)
http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news2181.html
Old 14th April 2006, 05:51   #655
Senior - BHPian

for those looking at camera phones SE is passe.

Look at this new device

better 2mp camera with autofocus and flash
3d stereo speakers
new 262k screen( with innovative OLED tech)

the device is going to be available in India next month itself.

http://gsmarena.com/benqsiemens_s88_...s-news-187.php
Old 14th April 2006, 13:56   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

I really wanted to buy this phone at one time........but guess what it doesnt even have bluetooth .......nd im sure noone would repair it in India or even abroad cos I think its for sale only in europe.......that too only through the company
Old 14th April 2006, 14:25   #657
Team-BHP Support

bro just got himself a 9500 and for some wierd reason wants me to keep his 6630 and sac my 6230. i think the 6230 is a great phone and has some great battery stand by even though it supports a decent camera, mp3 and the works. Just wondering if the 6630 is as good if not better.
confused whether i should stick to the 6230 or switch to the 6630. any views?

manson.
Old 14th April 2006, 17:25   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
for those looking at camera phones SE is passe.

Look at this new device

better 2mp camera with autofocus and flash
3d stereo speakers
new 262k screen( with innovative OLED tech)
even though it might be slightly better than the k750 - i doubt that it will be able to match the all-round capabilities or the SE brand of k750, or have a more intuitive UI

unless it has symbian/CE or is significantly cheaper ....

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 14th April 2006 at 17:29.
Old 14th April 2006, 17:28   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
bro just got himself a 9500 and for some wierd reason wants me to keep his 6630 and sac my 6230. i think the 6230 is a great phone and has some great battery stand by even though it supports a decent camera, mp3 and the works. Just wondering if the 6630 is as good if not better.

manson.
well .. 6630 has symbian, much better camera (1.3M and one of the best in that category), a huge screen, and is significantly faster

and the 6230 is - smaller and a bit less complicated

overall - no comparison, 6630 is far better
Old 14th April 2006, 23:22   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
even though it might be slightly better than the k750 - i doubt that it will be able to match the all-round capabilities or the SE brand of k750, or have a more intuitive UI

unless it has symbian/CE or is significantly cheaper ....
Yes it is written on the website that it is going to be more expensive but in no way will it be more expensive in India compared to k750i.

Siemens UI's have been known to be the easiest to use. Except for those who only want to use nokia's. I have had a look at the phone once and the display is just superb and so is the sound. certainly ages ahead than the sound of my siemens s65.

need to believe in the product to see if its really worth it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

manson.
If you are an advanced mobile user, go for 6630. Its a smartphone after all. But in no ways is nokia 6230 a bad phone. use both for a week and see which phone u like more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
I really wanted to buy this phone at one time........but guess what it doesnt even have bluetooth .......nd im sure noone would repair it in India or even abroad cos I think its for sale only in europe.......that too only through the company

you are right. The reasons Y i said .Only look,dont buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks