Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2006, 12:57   #736
BHPian

[quote=devarshi84]
otherwise 3230 is a good smart symbian phone but with Monaural Mp3 player.

Thanks karthik & devarshi.
BTW what is Monaural mp3 player? I would like a good mp3 player as this is the main purpose of me buying a new cell fone.
Any ideas how much I should expect for my 6220.

Cheers!!!

az
Old 18th July 2006, 13:01   #737
Senior - BHPian

[quote=autozealot]
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
otherwise 3230 is a good smart symbian phone but with Monaural Mp3 player.

Thanks karthik & devarshi.
BTW what is Monaural mp3 player? I would like a good mp3 player as this is the main purpose of me buying a new cell fone.
Any ideas how much I should expect for my 6220.

Cheers!!!

az
monaural mp3 player means it doesnt play stereo mp3's. though it plays stereo radio.

I dont have an idea on the price.
Old 18th July 2006, 13:02   #738
F50
Senior - BHPian

OT : How is Motorola Mini Communicator??
Old 18th July 2006, 13:51   #739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I feel sorry for you.
Check out the Sony Ericsson M600i, which is a 3G phone with Pushmail, keypad, touchscreen, Office viewer and all the usual stuff. Looks good, and is not too expensive either at about Rs.18k equivalent.

For windows phones, the iPaq with GPS, WiFi and EDGE seems like a good buy right now, but I'd wait till all the 3G Windows phones come out. Once you have 3G, WiFi and GPS built in you really dont need anything else........

Finally, if you manage to send your Atom across to me here I can try and get some tweaks done by the distributor here.
Dont be sorry. I look at it as a learning expereince. The only Windows machine I own is my laptop and it's only becuase it was pre-installed. I dont trust windows so my laptop is backed up to a Linux desktop. :-) I figured Windows would have gotten as reliable as SE and Nokia phones. I am not good at Windows. Windows seems built for guys who like to tweak and twiddle. while I like things to work out of the box. My Palms did fine.

The Ipaq look huge. The ones that are light HP iPAQ rw6828/6818 dont have tactile keyboards. I think the P990 would be better and less prone to crashing. My friends P910 has not crashed once in the many years he has owned it.

How does the M600i compare with the still to come N73 or P990? From what I can see it does not have a camera but it has a QWERY keybaord. I can manage till the N73/P990 arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
1. Windows is not for you.
...Or you can wait for N73 or N93.
E70
1. Has a numeric as well as qwerty keyboard.
2 can make calls with one hand.
3 Will run excel files probably
4. has a decent cam
5. weighs under 150 grams.
6. Is under 55 grams wide.
For your wife. SE k800 is the right choice at the moment as its the only non-slider good camera phone.
Now you tell me! :-) just kidding. The N93 is too bulky and the N73 does not have a QWERTY keyboard.

Thanks both of you for the very constructive help.
Old 18th July 2006, 20:01   #740
BHPian

Hi guys, any ideas about 6131 & 6125. Are they worth buying? Info needed pls.

az
Old 19th July 2006, 19:49   #741
GTS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Why don't u try setting the equilizer manually. Sounds much better. Mega Bass won't sound good on the OE earphones.
Shall try the manual settings. Is there any other earphone that I can use to make it sound good?
Old 19th July 2006, 21:52   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
Shall try the manual settings. Is there any other earphone that I can use to make it sound good?

ShureEC and Etymotic for high-end lifestyle listening.

Otherwise Sony and panasonic.
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:17   #743
Senior - BHPian

Got my imate Jasjar yesterday. Can't stop playing with it.

Can i insure my phone here in India? It costed me a bomb and i am bombed if something happens to it.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:31   #744
BHPian

Guys,bad news for me is that my friend somehow wont be able to bring O2 Atom for me from AUs at discounted price.And also my requirements have changed since then.
My budget is 20k and i am looking for overall good phone with decent camera with video recording/playing capability at good resolution with decent media player.Not planning to have multiple devices like digicam,cellphone separately.It should be able to record a video clip for abt 30min with good resolution.
I am also considering buying it from USA as someone close is coming to India next month.
I had motoE680 in mind but it has poor camera.Moto RazrV3x is another option but now i have almost selected SE W900i and its available only for $500 at
http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant...specifications

I am not sure abt its Indian price.I cant get moto razrV3x locally as they dont have it and on ebay.in,sellers dont provide all the accessories [might be refurbished/facotry 2nd set].

Can u guys help me in choosing good phone with above mentioned phone.

And NO..kia phone plz!!!!

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th August 2006 at 11:35.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:47   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Guys,bad news for me is that my friend somehow wont be able to bring O2 Atom for me from AUs at discounted price.And also my requirements have changed since then.
My budget is 20k and i am looking for overall good phone with decent camera with video recording/playing capability at good resolution with decent media player.Not planning to have multiple devices like digicam,cellphone separately.It should be able to record a video clip for abt 30min with good resolution.
I am also considering buying it from USA as someone close is coming to India next month.
I had motoE680 in mind but it has poor camera.Moto RazrV3x is another option but now i have almost selected SE W900i and its available only for $500 at
http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant...specifications

I am not sure abt its Indian price.I cant get moto razrV3x locally as they dont have it and on ebay.in,sellers dont provide all the accessories [might be refurbished/facotry 2nd set].

Can u guys help me in choosing good phone with above mentioned phone.

And NO..kia phone plz!!!!

http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant...gory_Code=SHAP

3.2mp cam with 2x optical and autofocus

640x480 video rec.
Old 4th August 2006, 13:30   #746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Guys,bad news for me is that my friend somehow wont be able to bring O2 Atom for me from AUs at discounted price....SE W900i and its available only for $500 !!
the O2 aint worth the trouble Doc. I am waiting for the SE P990 to come out and I'll dump the Atom like a bomb. Funny there are still many takers.

Why no Nokia. The N73 is a ncie phone for most purposes. My wife is getting one. She is at this moment decided between the N73 and the K800i. Both have 3 MP the N73 has a few more features such as a Carl Zeiss lens the K800 might have the better flash.

Last edited by navin : 4th August 2006 at 13:32.
Old 4th August 2006, 14:39   #747
BANNED

satish_appasani
Ho uch does jasjat cost's now ?
Old 4th August 2006, 19:52   #748
BHPian

@navin-- To me nokia guys tried to put different features in different sets unlike SE who tries to pack everything in one set.
And then build quality,looks and sound on N91 hardened my beleif.

About atom,same thing was told to me by my friend.But i was still willing coz i was getting it at 40%cheap and i liked its looks and sound quality.
I am also looking at k800i as apart from good camera,it will have decent sound quality.
Whichever set i get,i will put in atleast 1gb memory card and 2gb if its SD/m-SD.

@dev--
seems to be good option but not sure abt its quality and then service.

What abt SE W900i as all-in-one as compared to k800/N73?
Old 4th August 2006, 20:46   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
the O2 aint worth the trouble Doc. I am waiting for the SE P990 to come out and I'll dump the Atom like a bomb. Funny there are still many takers.

Why no Nokia. The N73 is a ncie phone for most purposes. My wife is getting one. She is at this moment decided between the N73 and the K800i. Both have 3 MP the N73 has a few more features such as a Carl Zeiss lens the K800 might have the better flash.
SE p990 hands-on review.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...review-101.php

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...-p990-en.shtml

K800 vs n93

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n93_photo-review-100.php

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...wilma-en.shtml

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n93-en.shtml

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...3-cam-en.shtml

Quote:
@dev--
seems to be good option but not sure abt its quality and then service.
Quality is extremely good and phone is reliable but service would be a problem.
Old 7th August 2006, 21:45   #750
BHPian

Which is the best SE/ Nokia mobile phone to buy in the range of Rs.15-16,000? My requirements are a good camera, video recording, mp3 player.
Please give your suggestions, members.
Thanx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks