Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 03:28   #886
BANNED

Thanks, but I'd feel more comfortable with either a Sony Ericsson, or a Nokia, than any other brand.
BTW, how much does the V3i run for?
Old 5th September 2006, 03:31   #887
Senior - BHPian

Nokia 3120 -
sturdy, rugged phone with decent features nd its around 5k so thts good value too
Old 5th September 2006, 03:46   #888
BANNED

Yeah, the phone sort of looks very ordinary, albeit it has decent features.

Could someone list the models of both, Sony Ericsson and Nokia, that sell for 10K or a little under that?
Old 5th September 2006, 09:35   #889
Team-BHP Support

Just purchased N73 for 25K. This is currently ranked number one in both gsmarena and mobilmanic, which I figured to be cool enough. I went to the dealer looking for E60, but when I held it in hand, it was much bigger than expected. Then he showed me just arrived N73 and it was smaller and better. I came back, read all the reviews I could find on N73 for two days. Yesterday I wrote the cheque.

Getting a little frustrated with setting up browsing, so far I can only connect to Airtel live page. How does one setup packet data with Airtel connection, anybody done this with N series with Airtel?
Old 5th September 2006, 10:40   #890
Senior - BHPian

Hi Samurai.

Congrats on the new phone. Before you can access the GPRS through your mobile, you should active GPRS for your number. Call 121 for details. The unlimited plan costs Rs.499 / month. There is a new plan 199 / month and the limit is 100 MB /month. I feel the later should be good enough for checking mails and little surfing on the go. They take maximum of 4 hours to activate GPRS.

Once you activate the GPRS, airtel automatically sends configuration details to your phone. If not this is how you have to do. I have done this on my Nokia 6101. Configuring your phone should be different from mine.

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Packet Data > Packet Data Settings > Edit Active Access Point > Packet data access point.

2. In the access point set the field to airtelgprs.com

3. Click Ok and go to Go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Packet Data > Packet Data Settings > Active Access Point. Make sure that Active access point is set to the same one that you have configured earlier.

This should work.
Old 5th September 2006, 12:42   #891
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Satish, but things appear to be different in Karnataka. I already have GPRS, that explains why I can access Airtel Live. Today I found out more about it via horse's (Airtel) mouth. In Karnataka GPRS service allows only access to Airtel Live and Yahoo mail. If I want regular browsing to WWW, I need EDGE service at 43kpbs. I am switching from GPRS to EDGE service ASAP.
Old 5th September 2006, 12:42   #892
Senior - BHPian

Go with Nokia - whats your budget ? And as for the service provider , I find Airtel to be much much better than Hutch and I have been using Hutch since 8 years now.
Old 5th September 2006, 13:18   #893
Senior - BHPian

I think there is a difference between able to access Airtel live and other sites. Earlier i was able to access Airtel live but not other sites. I am able to access other sites only after enabling gprs.

Does Edge give you only 43 Kbps? Last time when i connected my laptop to net using GPRS on mobile phone, i recorded download speeds of 115 Kbps. I was also using only IR to connect laptop to mobile.
Old 5th September 2006, 13:25   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Does Edge give you only 43 Kbps? Last time when i connected my laptop to net using GPRS on mobile phone, i recorded download speeds of 115 Kbps. I was also using only IR to connect laptop to mobile.
Are you sure you are not referrring to the IR speed between the mobile and the PC?

BTW, I want to browse from the mobile, not from PC connected to the mobile.
Old 5th September 2006, 13:47   #895
Senior - BHPian

I have been researching on the E50 and it seems like a good phone to replace the 6310i. Does anybody have an idea if it's available in Delhi & at what price??
Old 5th September 2006, 14:02   #896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
I have been researching on the E50 and it seems like a good phone to replace the 6310i. Does anybody have an idea if it's available in Delhi & at what price??

Hey,

Just inquired it costs approx 13.5k in Mumbai.

Viper
Old 5th September 2006, 14:03   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
I think there is a difference between able to access Airtel live and other sites. Earlier i was able to access Airtel live but not other sites. I am able to access other sites only after enabling gprs.

Airtel live gives you limited browsing capabilities. For full internet access you will have to subscribe to Mobile Office.

Use USB to connect the laptop to mobile - if you're browsing on your laptop - and you will see better speeds.
Old 5th September 2006, 14:33   #898
fb1
BHPian

here is my phone sony ericcsson w300i walkman phone, 200 mb memory... awesome mp3 quality on headphones... loud on speakers.. decent cam... good screen... best plus point is the battery life.. it has the best battery life in all the Sony phones... costs around 9,700
Old 5th September 2006, 15:03   #899

Hi I do own a SE W700i, it's a fabulous phone with 2MP camera which produces fantastic fotos. Has 256 MB memory(upgradable), lovely phone try it before making your final choice.
Old 5th September 2006, 17:33   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

Just inquired it costs approx 13.5k in Mumbai.

Viper
Hey Viper thanks, will try & find out how much it's for here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks