Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 11:23   #856
BHPian

thanx guys. i bought a Nokia E61.

\N
Old 30th August 2006, 12:11   #857
BHPian

Do nokia 6233 (GSM) and N72 have the ability to record the telephone conversation? Memory of nokia 6233 is upgradable upto 2GB. Will a 1GB micro SD card work fine, or should I opt for 512mb only. Dont want the fone to be too slow because of the 1 GB memory card. Pls advice guys.
Thanks.

Last edited by autozealot : 30th August 2006 at 12:14.
Old 30th August 2006, 12:44   #858
Team-BHP Support

We discuss all these phones with latest features. But, how good are the services that go with these phones.

For example, how widely is EDGE service available in India. Is it available only in select cities or from select service providers?

What about 3G, when is India getting 3G? Why are these companies selling 3G phones when there is no service in India?
Old 30th August 2006, 14:15   #859
BHPian

Well got a new phone a few days back - SE Z550i. Got it at 8,400. The phone is good with nice features (mind you I was using a phones which was a few generations older - 3315 ).

Why I chose this:
- If you look at from a pricing point of view... any phone that you buy would depreciate very fast... so never wanted a very pricy phone. Plus I wanted a few features only - memory for contacts, a megapixel or above camera, MP3 player (good to have not neccessity). Receiving emails is a plus.

- As Samurai said there is no 3G service in India... so no use going after some feature which has no use in Indian context.

- I was looking at a clamshell model... have used candybars till now and was bored of it.

- I use a phone for at least 18-20 months, so wanted something that will last in design and build. Do not like Nokias for this or perhaps it was the model that I was using. I also believe Clamshells (apart from the hinge) age well, especially if they are not flashy in which case novelty wears fast. z550i looks very neat and will look nice an year down the line too.

Cons of this phone : 1) Memory card is too expensive and data cable is not part of the bundling.

We generally ask for too many features in our phones, but hardly use them. For me, mobile is a phone. Other features - camera etc. are secondary and in this regard z550i does well. Light on pocket... and has basic features, which an average user may need. However you may notice that other comparable models, though pricier, come with a few other things too : memory card, data cable etc. So people may want to evaluate the VFM factor and their needs well, before buying.

Overall Conclusion : Recommended.
Old 30th August 2006, 14:37   #860
BHPian

Samurai is right. Our infra is not adequate enough to use all features. We happened to pick up couple of HP iPAQ's funded by company to be given to system admins to manage systems remotely. With lot of difficulty we managed to get connectivity using VPN but the access was so slow it was imparctical to use it, it took almost 20 min to open a remote terminal let alone do any operation. Dumped it in favour of laptops.

regards
Deepu
Old 31st August 2006, 17:54   #861
BHPian

finally i made up my mind and decided to buy Motorola E680i,devarshi's fav phone.I got it for 16k including 1GB sandisk SD card and high quality screen protector though set is used for about 2 months as it was not available here,infact not yet laucnhed in India.Seller bought it from USA and paid $25 for screen protector.

I couldn't wait so long for N73 as my previous phone had gone dead and wife was not willing to share her phone..I also plan to buy extended zoom camera [SLR like]later.

I just hope its good deal and will get it anytime next week.
if i dont like it i can always buy n73.
BTW i saw one N72 and i was very disappointed with it.Atleast this has some features of pda and i can also use it as digital media player and may hook it up with my ICE after putting in 2/4GB SD card
Any advice regarding that will be highly appreciated...

Last edited by rsjaurr : 31st August 2006 at 17:57.
Old 31st August 2006, 18:26   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Do nokia 6233 (GSM) and N72 have the ability to record the telephone conversation? Memory of nokia 6233 is upgradable upto 2GB. Will a 1GB micro SD card work fine, or should I opt for 512mb only. Dont want the fone to be too slow because of the 1 GB memory card. Pls advice guys.
Thanks.
Nokia 6233 is loaded with features.....Whats the price in delhi????
Old 1st September 2006, 23:58   #863
BHPian

kpzen@

Its Rs. 13,800 with Nokia India warranty & Rs. 12,500 in the grey market here in Mumbai. donno about Delhi.

GUYS ANY ANSWERS TO MY LAST POST???

az
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:14   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Thanks.
Hey autozealot,

In Nokia N72 You Can Record Telephone Conversations With Spy Call.
1 Gb Will Be Fine.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:20   #865
BHPian

Thanks MP,
I learnt that 6233 also has conv recording, but only for 60 secs. I would have liked to know if N72 is capable of recording the entire conversation continuously. Which means it can be 60 secs or even upto 60 minutes. This is one area where I would like to be sure and then go ahead with the purchase. I had bought a w810i sum time back but sold it to a close friend.
So, any info regarding conversation rec is most welcome, mates.

Last edited by autozealot : 2nd September 2006 at 11:21.
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:34   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

Handset prices

http://india-cellular.com/Handset-Prices.htm
ok - the page doesnt state which city, but found the prices to be quite close.
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:39   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Nokia 7360 vs SE z550i

Features I am looking for:
Camera - more for incidental shooting. I have sufficient shutter-power for times when I actually want to shoot.
FM. Music is a plus.
Triband.
Usual features like speaker-phone, good battery capacity [talk time & stand-by time], clarity, good reception etc. But dont need anything fancy.

I found the Nokia 7360 and the SE z550i to be close, and in my range. The SE has a 1.3 mega-pixel, and has more than FM.

What would you guys suggest?
TIA.

Last edited by condor : 2nd September 2006 at 11:40.
Old 2nd September 2006, 11:55   #868
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
I couldn't wait so long for N73 Any advice regarding that will be highly appreciated...
The N73 is available here officially for 24K.
Old 2nd September 2006, 13:10   #869
Senior - BHPian

Ok Guys one question that's been irritatiing me for a while:

I had a Nokia 6310i which recently went bust It was the best phone I have ever used period. Now I have used a few phones since but none has come anywhere near the functionality, quality or ease of use like the 6310i. The battery time, network reception, voice quality, large buttons etc. made it a wonderful phone to use.

But sadly as all of you know it's been discontinued so now my question is Has Nokia superseded it with a new phone? If yes then which model? And is it any good compared to the 6310i?

If there is a similarly commendable phone out there I would be willing to buy it.
Old 2nd September 2006, 13:13   #870
Senior - BHPian

iraghava,

I have to agree with you - 6310i was the best ! i was looking out for the same here. Reburfished ones are available her in Mumbai for abt 8-9K. Used ones are simply not available - seems like no one seems to give these phones up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks