Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2006, 13:46   #811
Senior - BHPian

N_C
You can get an N70 for that price, and its a pretty decent phone as well.
And u can also get the W800, W810 too.
Old 14th August 2006, 14:01   #812
BHPian

Also N72, but N70 is an overall better piece except for the slightly not-so-new looks.
Old 14th August 2006, 14:03   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Dev, I hope you are right. I am so looking forward to a long and ineventful relationship with my next mobile phone (SE P990) when it comes. After months of using my O2 Atom I really miss a tactile numeric keypad. I'm too old for these touch screen controls.
I usually let my thumb do the work. the sylus only comes out occassionally. Thanks to the screen protector.
I have had a Good ownership experience of p910i, so I hope you have the same. The only difference is your needs and use are different than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Right now I am looking for a change and I am having Nokia N71 in my viewfinder. Yes, it is bigger/heavier than my usual phones, but I feel my pocket can accommodate it, the features are worth it. I like the positives, but are there any negatives? I saw some review where it said that the folded part has some play because of average hinge quality. Also, any idea about the price in India.
Contrary to what you say I found that N71 is heavy. The biggest turn-off atleast for me is the lack of compatibility with older symbian apps. and yes the construction is a suspect on this one. how about the lighter and better and easy to use n70(no vga screen) or 6270/6280/nokia 6233(non-smartphone). Not to forget that the latter are cheaper and lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Ok guys,

Whats are the Nokia options upto 17000 Rs ? And which will be the best amongst the lot. Also I need to know worthy opponents of the Nokia in that price range that I can suggest strongly as the user has been a Nokia fan since the day he made his 1st call on a cell phone.

Features required -
1) MP3 player
2) Radio
3) Camera (not much use but hoga toh chalega)
4) A large memory (though a card will be added later on)

Help me out fast - Its going to be an Independence Day gift, need to finalise before evening.

thanks
nokia n70, nokia 6270/6280, nokia 6233, nokia 3250
All are on the lower range of nokia phones with all the features you want. I wouldnt know the exact price.

for other brands.

K750i/w800i (radio, memory stick, AF, Sound Quality, better resale), Benq-siemens EF51 (Q-Fi rocks, small screen sucks), cl71. You can also look at the benq-siemens s88 (cheaper, no radio but better Mp3 player than Sonyericson, better indoor quality pics than SE but inferiors exterior pics, dual flash, oled Display) .
http://www.ocworkbench.com/2006/benq.../s88/s88-1.htm

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th August 2006 at 14:19.
Old 14th August 2006, 14:27   #814
Senior - BHPian

Equipped with PictBridge support for direct-to-printer output, the S88 also sports the A2DP to allow for stereo audio streaming over Bluetooth

http://www.mobilmania.cz/Mobilnitele...asp?ARI=112632

And While I said above that BS quality is not good Outside. I take back my comments, I just saw the white flower in the macro section and the attention to detail is better on BS (Try to make out each strand and you will see what I mean. Also the sky in the last pic in SE is all white while BS shows blue colour.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th August 2006 at 14:38.
Old 14th August 2006, 14:38   #815
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Any idea what would be the price of Nokia N73?
It has gotta 3.2 MP Camera, picture quality shud be good as a standard Digi Cam + All the features of N70......!
Good one to own!
Old 14th August 2006, 15:54   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
In contrast my son dunked my wife's 7610 in a glass of water. It still works. My 6230i was dropped many times with no problems. That gives me a lot of faith in Nokia (might be misplaced).

Or is it that the new phones with cameras and MP3 players and touch screens are more fragile? My O2 Atom just feels less solid than my 6230i. It's plastics, battey case etc... just dont inspire the same level of confidence.
Dont know if you remember the microteks and 8700s of before when Motorola phones were known for being super strong. My 8700 (1996) fell off my trouser pocket while I was riding a bike, went under the wheels of an M800 and yet went on like nothing had happened (except for the scratches) after we put the unit together again (battery popped out).

P990 deliveries start next week here, or so the rumour goes. You really should buy the M600i.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:02   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
.......................treaming over Bluetooth

http://www.mobilmania.cz/Mobilnitelefony/AR.asp?ARI=112632
......... colour.
http://www.gsmarena.com/review.php3?...w=102&idPage=2

some of the pics shown,especially digital zoom and indoor in both links seems to be similar,though these r claimed to have been taken by different camera.

do check 1st page of gsmarena's links too.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 14th August 2006 at 17:04.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:42   #818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Quote:
Right now I am looking for a change and I am having Nokia N71 in my viewfinder. Yes, it is bigger/heavier than my usual phones, but I feel my pocket can accommodate it, the features are worth it. I like the positives, but are there any negatives? I saw some review where it said that the folded part has some play because of average hinge quality. Also, any idea about the price in India.
Contrary to what you say I found that N71 is heavy. The biggest turn-off atleast for me is the lack of compatibility with older symbian apps. and yes the construction is a suspect on this one. how about the lighter and better and easy to use n70(no vga screen) or 6270/6280/nokia 6233(non-smartphone). Not to forget that the latter are cheaper and lighter.
Exactly how is it contarary? I am saying N71 is bigger/heavier than my usual phones from Samsung. Being a long time Samsung user I neither care about older symbian apps nor miss them. Also I am looking for clamshell/foldable phones, and you are suggesting all bar/sliding phones. Kindly read my requirement before replying.
Old 14th August 2006, 17:56   #819
Senior - BHPian

Samurai if you're used to Samsung perhaps you should look at the P300 - its incredibly light and small and VERY businesslike. Good reviews from users, too. Credit-card sized, very smart.
Old 14th August 2006, 18:02   #820
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you stick with Samsung? Their OS has really improved recently, and they do still make great clamshells.

Your other option could be the Motorola V3xx (soon to be launched).
Old 14th August 2006, 18:12   #821
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Why don't you stick with Samsung? Their OS has really improved recently, and they do still make great clamshells.
Their current folder type phones in India are not good, they are comparable to my current phone. Why bother upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Samurai if you're used to Samsung perhaps you should look at the P300 - its incredibly light and small and VERY businesslike. Good reviews from users, too. Credit-card sized, very smart.
Not a clamshell and not much features and not available in India. I am hoping to buy a smartphone if possible. Want to explore non-Samsung option for a change.
Old 14th August 2006, 18:51   #822
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the N90 a sorta camshell too?
Old 14th August 2006, 20:17   #823
BHPian

@ Samurai - Me got a N71 recently. Has good features. Nice camera. Been using it for more than 2 weeks and no problems till now (touchwood).
Phone is not so bulky. Thing is being new phone, I am having to handle it a bit extra carefully which adds to the in convinient factor.
Old 14th August 2006, 20:54   #824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
@ Samurai - Me got a N71 recently. Has good features. Nice camera. Been using it for more than 2 weeks and no problems till now (touchwood).
Oh thanks! Much appreciate the first hand report. Is there any extra play between two parts, loose hinge, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Isn't the N90 a sorta camshell too?
Yeah, the yokozuna type, too heavy.

Last edited by Samurai : 14th August 2006 at 20:57.
Old 14th August 2006, 21:06   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
http://www.gsmarena.com/review.php3?...w=102&idPage=2

some of the pics shown,especially digital zoom and indoor in both links seems to be similar,though these r claimed to have been taken by different camera.

do check 1st page of gsmarena's links too.
read the line that follows the headlines at www.gsmarena.com The reviews belong to the same people.

Quote:
My cellphones have to be clamshell type and small enough to fit in my jeans pant front pocket sharing place with my car keys. That explains why Samsung has been my favourite vendor.

Sorry If I misunderstood but I got it this way that you need to get away from samsung clamshell phones and need a change. hence I didnt recommend a single clamshell to you. sorry for the misunderstanding.

And for the weight I am saying that at 130+ grams the phone is not pocketable. It will always feel in your pocekt. A samsung D730 symbian smartphone weighs in at 95 grams and 95x48x24. compare that with nokia n71

Quote:
Not a clamshell and not much features and not available in India. I am hoping to buy a smartphone if possible. Want to explore non-Samsung option for a change.
I understand you are asking for a smartphone clamshell except samsung. your budget or other requirements are not mentioned. IF I am right then consider these.

For all the symbian clamshells, currently nokia n71 is the only lightest phone available. These are old but do look at nokia 6260 and panasonic x800 symbian clamshells.
for other brands check out the imate smartflip windows smartphone if its available in India. otherwise motorola Mpx series are also clamshells ( 200 doesnt have bluetooth and 220 I think is not available)

Last edited by devarshi84 : 14th August 2006 at 21:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks