Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 12:09   #2311
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone using the 6500 Slide? Whats the price in Mumbai?
Also, any idea whats the resale value of Blackberry pearl 8100?
Old 27th December 2007, 12:40   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Anyone using the 6500 Slide? Whats the price in Mumbai?
Its good phone and current prize is 15.5k with b/w.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:50   #2313
BHPian

Hi,
For past few months I am hunting for a good Smart phone for myself. I would be using the phone basically for browsing, then emails(personal emails like yahoo, gmail, etc) and Messenging and for various IM. GPS( may be integrated or should easily be used with external GPS receiver) and last but not least the Budget :around 20k.
I considered various handsets and finally considering these handsets. I am going through my experince and comments one by one, I would like to have your opinion on the same !!!
1. N95 : This phone has alomst all the things, 3G, EDGE, Wifi, Bluetooth(A2DP), GPS !!!
I had got a change to use this phone for some time, though this phone has all the things, the battery is real problem, if i use the GPS for around 2 years, the battery goes down below 25% mark, moreover not having touch screen is another hindrance for smooth browsing. The screen size is also not that big for great browsing experince. Also the 5 way navigation buttons are not that smooth. Finally i decided not to go for it.
2. SE P1i, This phone is also very nice, but i really stuck at 2 issues with this phone. Though this phone has 3G, It does not have EDGE, currently in India, EDGE is the current technology (3G hummmm, i dont think it would be available at feasible rates in next 2 years, forseing the tussle between TRAI and service providers)used by almost all the service providers. Not having EDGE will not make much difference while browsing on phone but I think it will make lot of difference when its used as a modem. Secondly the keypad is not good, i tried to write someting but really cant !!!
3. HTC Touch, this phone also accomodates all the things except, 3G and GPS. Though inputting text could be a problem, but there are good Onscreen Keyboards available which can be used. Morever, browsing would be a good experience on it. Its within my budget also. Since, this phone was launched few months back, the price has dropped and now its worth for this handset.The only issue is low RAM and ROM, but HTC has came with enhanced version on TOUCH, in which both RAM and ROM has been doubled.

Long story !!!!
Anyways guys i would really appreciate if you could post your comments on the above !!!!

Thanks in advace.
Old 27th December 2007, 13:49   #2314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Its good phone and current prize is 15.5k with b/w.
Mugen- Are you using the phone? I need to get it for my dad as he is fed up of his 6300 heating up during slightly longer conversations.
The 6500 fits the bill due to its simple styling and good features, but since it is made of brushed steel like the 6300, i am concerned that it would heat up too !
Old 27th December 2007, 17:32   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Mugen- Are you using the phone?
No.. But i have seen the phone, It is really good looking phone with series 40 interface with 3.2 Mp camera.
Old 27th December 2007, 18:04   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Ijust got a Benq-siemens EF82 prototype (pre-production model) And yes I am extremely happy about it. planning to do a video review on the model for another forum colleagues. Will post a link here.

Planning to gift my dad a neonode N2 on his bday in January. Any others suggestions (battery life, lightweight, big fonts) are absolutely welcome.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:41   #2317
aZa
Senior - BHPian

That Neonode N2 looks awesome. Where you are getting your stuff from devarishi ?
Old 27th December 2007, 22:17   #2318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
That Neonode N2 looks awesome. Where you are getting your stuff from devarishi ?
if i remember correctly hes in the mobile business. i think i had read one of his posts saying that.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:32   #2319
BHPian

Mine is O2 EDA EXec wth Custom ROM
Check out xda-developers - Xda-developers Im there toooo as a developer
Old 28th December 2007, 18:38   #2320
Senior - BHPian

Anyone Using Any Phone, I Would Suggest you... If You Got Budget, go for Nokia E90, it is the best possible phone ! Has Got 1 to all Features, and all good qualities apart from its price and the thing that u cant set different wallpapers etc for the two screens!
Old 28th December 2007, 18:56   #2321
BHPian

Nokia E51
Is it available anywhere in the Rose Gold colour?
Here in Pune, they only have it in Black or Silver.
Has it been released in India in Rose Gold?
Old 29th December 2007, 11:24   #2322
Team-BHP Support

My brother has an absolutely unused iphone (not a single call made till date) since two months now. He is very hesitant to use it, needs something as good but simpler to use.
The n95 seems to fit the bill, now they have two options in that.
N95 and N95 8 gb, any other differences besides the storage capacity?
any other suggestions?

and, i'm giving the iphone to my dealer today or tomm for 28k, if anyone on the forum needs it drop me a pm.

oHH yes, i even got him this real nice leather case for the iphone last evening so that he'll finally start to use the phone, but he's decided against it. 700 inr for that.

manson.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:05   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
My brother has an absolutely unused iphone (not a single call made till date) since two months now. He is very hesitant to use it, needs something as good but simpler to use.
The n95 seems to fit the bill, now they have two options in that.
N95 and N95 8 gb, any other differences besides the storage capacity?
any other suggestions?

Yes, N95 8 GB differ from N 95 in other things also. Recently i was also planning to buy one, so did a research on it.
N95 8GB has better battery as compared to N 95. In N95, if you use GPS for 2 hrs, i think the battery will dry up. Moreover N95 8 GB has some improvement on firmware which make application to load faster and thus consumes less battery, but recently Nokia released firmware update for Normal N95, which i think has sorted out this issue.
Besides above N 95 8 GB has bigger display, 2.8 versus 2.6 of N95.
One drawback in N 95 8 GB, it doesnt have camera cover as in N 95 !!!

I hope the info would help you in deciding !!!
Old 29th December 2007, 13:23   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Dude u can make the firmware for n95 ( w/o 8gb same) Battery Life improves as u use the phone... For the 8 gb, the display is 2.6 while in normal its 2.5 ( not much a diff.)

and also there is no camera cover in 8 Gb which is a must have for a 5MP Phone

I Would Suggest the Normal one with a Bigger Memory Card as it will solve all issues
Old 29th December 2007, 13:24   #2325
aZa
Senior - BHPian

N82 guys .......... cheaper and its got the XENON flash w.r.t N95/n95 8gig. Rest hardware/software is same.

Most Viewed