Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-9.html)

dude the you should look at the Compaq Presario V series or the HP EVO series ..their models start from 32000 INR but you can get a great deal within the 40K range ...HP/Compaq have is the highest selling PC brand in India and a great customer service backup

HP-compaq do make the best but my gripe against these large corps are the ridiclous amounts they charge for non warranty repair. That said, compaq is easiest to repair in after market shops, with DELL/IBM/Sony being the worst.

I have a heard a lot of good about the Compaq presario notebook series. I'm thinking of taking a look at them . I can setttle for the DVD read cd write thingy but apart from that will I get wireless in my said budget ?

Thanks guys for helping me out

i was using a V2000 compaq, i had a centrino ,wireless ,DVD-R and CD-R .. 60 GB and 512 ...i hear that is now selling for under 50K ..visit your nearest HP center ...
i have used compaq all my life...they are very hardy machines no matter how badly you treat them .. my laptop (evo)has 3 foot falls on hard floor atleast once a week and its running fine,its usually on 24/7... my moms(presario) and my dads (Evo) both work great ...
only defect the presarios used to come with ****ty cd roms dats seems to have improved looking at the the models my parents have and the v2000series ...

Yup you will. The sempron based ones are quite cheap and you will get it within 40K with a 40GB HDD

Thanks fellas

Will check out the HP website for more

Dippy, nothing to beat the Thinkpad when it comes to notebooks. Though prices are a bit on the higher side, you pay for the reliability. Just check them out too before making a decision.

Dippy. I use a think pad too. It is in my opinion one of the best if not the best notebook out there. My wife, nephew, brother in law and sisters use thinkpads too. Not one issue. besides they have a serivce center in mumbai.

Thanks navin, cnu, turbo and tsk

I think i'l spend the next few days checking out the different brands. What is the repute of laptops from Acer and Asustek in the market?

i use a toshiba m35 satellite series 1.7Ghz intel centrino,dvd writer,60gig,512 ram, 15.4 inch wide screen which works just fine. Laptops in the US are very cheap.

Can anyone comment on the Acer Ferrari laptop? It should be pretty good as its got the AMD 64bit processor.

Perfect laptop for a petrol head :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Can anyone comment on the Acer Ferrari laptop? It should be pretty good as its got the AMD 64bit processor.

Perfect laptop for a petrol head :D

ooohhh its a wicked laptop ..its has the AMD Turino ...a lotta muscle !

but personally i am in love with the Apple G4 Powerbook series ...if one has a higher budget he/she should go for that ...that thing is Slick !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
ooohhh its a wicked laptop ..its has the AMD Turino ...a lotta muscle !

I dont know about the specs, but I do know of an employee who was given this one as standard issue by his employers (one of the companies involved in that combine)...he's really pissed off with his Ferrari laptop and wishes he could have a 'normal' one.

I have seen the Ferrari notebook and it looks a million bucks but I heard it is nothing really great otherwise

Coming back to the topic how are the normal Acer laptops or the ones from Asustek?

Has anyone used any of those?

[SIZE=2]a friend of mine has an acer laptop. it seems good. solid build. in general a good buy.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]but as 4 weak points.. it had a dim display(the ones with a shiny clear coat on the screen look better in terms of color,, companies have diff names.. clearbright, crystalshine, etc)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]and the speakrs were pathetic.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]rest a good piece.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]ASUS on the other hand does make good specced laptops.. but its diff to comment on the reliability or after sales, since the're new.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]One should generally look 4 companies with a bigger presence in india.. than ones who have just official distributors here.[/SIZE]