Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:35   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101
If i get a WiFi+3G AT&T set from the US, will it be network locked or something? I am asking this as i do not want to do jailbreaks and stuff. I want a clean and fully unlocked Ipad.
Nope it's unlocked and as soon as you first power it on it says, roaming would you like to connect to the following network, Airtel, Vodafone enjoy the bliss.

Take a micro sim from your chosen 3G operator and replace the AT&T sim card. Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 2nd August 2011 at 20:36.
Old 2nd August 2011, 22:02   #272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Nope it's unlocked and as soon as you first power it on it says, roaming would you like to connect to the following network, Airtel, Vodafone enjoy the bliss.

Take a micro sim from your chosen 3G operator and replace the AT&T sim card. Cheers!
Thanks and what all formalities will my associate have to go through when he buys it? Does he need to give his social security no. and stuff?
Old 2nd August 2011, 22:24   #273
BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Hello all,
I had bought an iPad 1 about 3 months back from US . At that time, as my location was based in US temporarily, I had given local details,but the credit card was Indian . Now I am back in India, I downloaded a game , and I have been charged in dollars. Is it the same for you all? If not, how di I change the settings? I tried reset settings, but it is same. Should I go to the terms & conditions again and try to change from there?
Secondly,I have not been able to load photos from my laptop to iPad, I tried sync, but it is not getting loaded.mine is 64 gb.
I have not been following this thread ,so please excuse if these are repeat queries.
Thanks in advance.
Ramesh
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang - All they would need is a CC, if he is paying in cash then they may ask for an ID which can be his/her passport, no SSN or anything else required.

@Ramesh - Go to your Apple Id settings & change location, this should work. Btw do remember that a lot of app which are available as free or paid to American ID are not available to an Indian Id.
Old 3rd August 2011, 05:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Now I am back in India, I downloaded a game , and I have been charged in dollars. Is it the same for you all? If not, how di I change the settings? I tried reset settings, but it is same. Should I go to the terms & conditions again and try to change from there?
Hello Ramesh,

First of all, congrats for owning a piece of magic. My settings are just like yours, US address and Indian CC. I face absolutely no problem and no restriction when it comes to downloading the app. It will be better to keep your setting as it is. If you chose India specific settings, you might lose out on some content. As they say don't fix it until it is broken.

Your CC company will auto convert the dollar into rupees, again no worries there. I am not really sure, if you choose India specific setting, will the cost of app show in dollars or rupees. Also another thing to keep in mind, is the tax which varies for different states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Secondly,I have not been able to load photos from my laptop to iPad,
I face no such problem while using iTunes. If the problem is only with syncing the photos, there might be an issue within settings. Do double check it.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:47   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy
It will be better to keep your setting as it is. If you chose India specific settings, you might lose out on some content. As they say don't fix it until it is broken.

I face no such problem while using iTunes. If the problem is only with syncing the photos, there might be an issue within settings. Do double check it.
+1 your settings is perfect. If you change to India there is a lot of content missing.

Just change the folder once and then you can reverse to get the photos synced. I face no such issue. Maybe you need latest iTunes. Cheers!
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:18   #277
Senior - BHPian

Guys try out this browser iCab Mobile - The Internet Taxi for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

Used is for couple of days its awesome, Its as close as possible to a desktop browser. with tabs, toolbar bookmards and everything. Also has multitouch gesture support, which i was looking for. and many setting and tweaks for the geeks
Old 5th August 2011, 11:06   #278
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ruchirtnt;2428530]Glam - Book-style leather case/stand for iPad 2

I have this ipad2 cover and it is really practical in use and is called GLAm, but actually IMHO it takes away the real GLAM quotient of ipad2, for that matter i was thinking to get a polyurethane smart cover for my ipad but did not received much rave reviews on it, is somebody here using a poly smart cover of apple and would like to comment on it
Old 5th August 2011, 11:39   #279
Senior - BHPian

^ I am using a green PU color from Apple.
I am mighty impressed and it has been serving me well.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:19   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^ I am using a green PU color from Apple.
I am mighty impressed and it has been serving me well.
I think it is around 2200, i came to know that the magnet part of the smartcover gets less effective with the time and become troublesome, have you felt this type of issue since there are many reviews in the net which are not in favor of smartcover although i love it the most because of great looks it adds to Ipad2
Old 5th August 2011, 14:23   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt

I think it is around 2200, i came to know that the magnet part of the smartcover gets less effective with the time and become troublesome, have you felt this type of issue since there are many reviews in the net which are not in favor of smartcover although i love it the most because of great looks it adds to Ipad2
I have been rigorous user of the cover as it was a novelty and me and my friends had been brutal with the thing to test it's strength and how easily it snaps back and align itself. But till date it's been worth the $43 spent on it. In Indian conditions it's a bit less effective to clean as advertised but it does. Secondly the way it makes the iPad sleep on it's own is a boon because I am casual about it and my iPod used to run out of battery just because of not clicking it to sleep. It resist dirt and just a swipe with moist cloth makes it clean again. Overall might impressed. PS. I work in a dusty industrial environment.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 14:52   #282
Senior - BHPian

thanks buddy, currently i own a ipad case but it kills all the looks, the reviews for smartcover were not even too good on apple.com but still going by your experience i will too buy a poly blue smartcover, i feel it will make my ipad 2 look like one rather than a album or a book
Old 6th August 2011, 10:30   #283
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sn1p3r,
Is smartcover good enough when it is folded to be used as a stand for Ipad because it is a poly material so does it gives good support for it to kept inclined
Old 9th August 2011, 15:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

I have got a Blue polyurethane smart cover for my ipad2 at 2100, it really gives a very nice and cool look to the gadget.
Old 9th August 2011, 16:09   #285
BHPian

Hey guys I am thinking of buying the iPad2. Is this the right time to purchase or should I wait for the next release? And which is the best Wifi or 3G+Wifi?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks