Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 17:21   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

^^^^ I have the simple Galaxy Ace, and it is not rooted. It tethers, out of the box!
Are you sure about the rooting bit?
Old 11th August 2011, 18:24   #302
D.Surya

Hi, was planning on getting a BSNL 3g for my ipad2 in order to give me net access when there is no WIFI.

But was facing a dilemma.

Would it be better to activate 3G on IP4 then tether it to the Ipad or have a dedicated bsnl sim for the Ipad?

Please note that my ip4 is on Airtel, hence would be using their 3g plan

my usage should be under 1gb at maximum

Will mainly be using around Jayanagar and Banerghatta, hence how is BSNL vs Airtel in this area.

Gurus kindly advise,
Thanks.

Old 11th August 2011, 19:57   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Surya
Hi, was planning on getting a BSNL 3g for my ipad2 in order to give me net access when there is no WIFI.

But was facing a dilemma.
It all depends on your iPad usage. If you think you use it regularly then it's bsnl plan else you already got the iPhone tethering as hotspot. Cheers!
Old 16th August 2011, 12:02   #304
BHPian

Finally purchased the iPad2 wifi 16GB model yesterday from Croma. Awaiting the delivery today since the shop doesnt have this model in Black. They will source it from their TNagar branch.

Wife is excited!!! Me too
Old 16th August 2011, 12:40   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
Finally purchased the iPad2 wifi 16GB model yesterday from Croma. Awaiting the delivery today since the shop doesnt have this model in Black. They will source it from their TNagar branch.

Wife is excited!!! Me too
Wooo hooo congrats.

Buy yourself accessories as well, I will suggest you do not buy the screen guard, it kills the joy of touch.

Rest essentials are, smart cover, I suggest PU variety. A sleeve to keep it once not in use, protects the camera at back.
I got VGA adapter, most movies/presentations made on projector that is VGA for me.
HD adapter if you have a LCD screen for fun, charges the iPad at same time. I also got a iHealth BP3 monitor for mum, checking and storing BP records very easy and efficient.

Cheers!
Old 16th August 2011, 12:44   #306
BHPian

Thanks pal. I am sure I dont get the screen guard

What is the PU variety of smart cover? And this smart cover only protects the front right? What do you suggest, smart cover from Apple or Capdase?

I have a 40" LCD TV, if I purchase the HD adapter, I can view the screen of iPad on the TV?

iHealth BP3 is a app?
Old 16th August 2011, 12:53   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pal. I am sure I dont get the screen guard

What is the PU variety of smart cover? And this smart cover only protects the front right? What do you suggest, smart cover from Apple or Capdase?

I have a 40" LCD TV, if I purchase the HD adapter, I can view the screen of iPad on the TV?

iHealth BP3 is a app?
Yes, there is leather and PU variety of front covers with magnates that apple calls smart covers. I have a nice green one people magnet

I use an old sleeve from my Vaio so the same size has a good fit for travel. Depends on your usage environment. Don't over spend as it's the smart cover that is really useful, rest adds bulk.

Yes HD adapter mirrors the complete iPad screen. It's very handy.

BP3 is a blood pressure monitoring device. It has a free app attached to it. Stores multiple BP reading for multiple people.

Cellos please share your preferred accessories and apps. Cheers!
Old 16th August 2011, 13:04   #308
BHPian

So sleeve is also needed along with the smart cover? Sleeve only for carrying purposes!!

Is the HD adapter from Apple? What about the battery? Does it lasts for good 10 hours?
Old 16th August 2011, 13:56   #309
Senior - BHPian

Yes it's from apple original collection. Yes battery is awesome, it lasts a complete work day, it's my primary computing device.
Old 17th August 2011, 10:44   #310
Senior - BHPian

I have started using my X10i as wifi tethering for my Ipad2 and it is working great since i have a 3G connection, now i really feel why i have gone for a 3G model, i could have easily taken up a 64GB wifi only model with a minor difference in respect to the current 3G 16 GB model.
Old 17th August 2011, 11:38   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Yes it's from apple original collection. Yes battery is awesome, it lasts a complete work day, it's my primary computing device.
Is this the one you are talking about?

Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
Old 20th August 2011, 08:54   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the one you are talking about?

Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
Bro, the app doesn't show the pic; it's the one found at the apple website under iPad original accessory from Apple. Function is to duplicate your iPad screen. There is another that does hdmi out thus called HD connector.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:14   #313
BHPian

My iPad 2 is having 2 light bleed on the left side top corners. Should I go for a replacement?
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:02   #314
BHPian

Been iPad-ed too, my company gave away ipads.

Picked up a belkin case and a screen protector although it killed the beauty of the display.

Will get the Apple tv from US through my cousin for video mirroring via iOS5.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:04   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My iPad 2 is having 2 light bleed on the left side top corners. Should I go for a replacement?
Use it for a longer duration and it is said that post few days usage the adhesive solidifies and light stops to bleed, past 3-4 days post your usage you can ascertain if the problem will go away. If not then you are entitled for a replacement. Hope it gets corrected soon. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haithereitsme
Been iPad-ed too, my company gave away ipads.

Picked up a belkin case and a screen protector although it killed the beauty of the display.

Will get the Apple tv from US through my cousin for video mirroring via iOS5.
Bro, apple TV does not work in India, not tried it personally but according to my friend. The band width is not great in our country. In US my friend has 20+Mbps actual speed and he is not too crazy about apple TV. For video mirroring you can use VGA or HD adapter at $30/40 so why spend $99. Do let us know your experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks