Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1350.html)

I want a Video Recorder App that can record videos even if the app is minimised after turning ON the Video Recording.
Is there such App available for Micromax Canvas Magnus A117 with 4.2.1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi (Post 3612703)
I want a Video Recorder App that can record videos even if the app is minimised after turning ON the Video Recording.

Found one.
Giving Link for other's reference.
Secret Video Recorder
It records unlimited Video and the Shutter sound can be muted as well and above all its Free.

For all those who are suffering from super slow phones after upgrading to Lollipop, good news!

It seems that Lollipop had a rather serious memory leak issue, and that was causing the slow downs that many of you were experiencing.

According to the Google issue tracker, the issue has been fixed and is marked 'for future release'.

Version 5.0.3 anyone?

Gloabal or Indian, any One plus one invite accepted here :D
Please PM me if anyone has one for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3612601)
Pray can someone educate me about the difference between a normal, Mini, Micro and nano-SIM! I thought there were only three sizes, normal, Micro, nano (pioneered by the iPhone).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottocycle (Post 3612645)
Here is the visual comparison. Mini sim is the regular sim that we have been using all these years.

In 1999 when we were in college, when not many students used mobile phones, one of my friends found one old unused mobile phone in his house.

It was like finding a treasure. One other of my friends had a mobile phone (It resembled a cordless fixed-line phone of those days)
We decided to see if it works. When we opened, we found out that the sim(mini) is small and won't sit in the pocket.

Fortunately at that time, the operators used to give a full sim card (The size of a credit card) with the mini sim cut out (And after removal of the mini sim, it used to become a key chain :) ).
We got hold of this remaining part, put the mini sim and put it in the phone and Voila! it worked. It was a happy experience for all.

Last week I got a micro sim for my wife's new phone and this time the micro sim had a cut out inside the sim. We have kept it as an adaptor whenever she needs to use a phone having mini sim slot

In other news, can the Xiaomi skeptics on this thread take a break?
http://www.thestar.com.my/Tech/Tech-...-data-privacy/
Quote:

In September, Taiwan's government began performing independent tests on Xiaomi phones after media reports said that some models automatically send user data back to the firm's servers in mainland China.
The probe was then widened to include local and foreign handsets. The NCC report said handsets made by local firms HTC Corp, Asustek Computer Inc, Far EasTone Telecommunications Co Ltd, Taiwan Mobile Co Ltd and US-based InFocus Corp, whose handsets are made by Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, were also cleared of breaching the data protection laws. — Reuters

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 3613194)

This "clean chit" is over the top since it includes pretty much all devices made in that country.

Given finacial + technical + management resources of Xiaomi, it can be assumed that it will not have a loose supply chain where someone inject unauthorized software.

On the other hand, more devices have been found to be shipped with Malware. That includes couple of Gionee devices.

https://blog.lookout.com/blog/2014/1...ng/#more-15835

Quote:

-- Counterfeit Samsung GS4/Note II
-- Various TECNO devices
-- Gionee Gpad G1
-- Gionee GN708W
-- Gionee GN800
-- Polytron Rocket S2350
-- Hi-Tech Amaze Tab
-- Karbonn TA-FONE A34/A37
-- Jiayu G4S - Galaxy S4 Clone
-- Haier H7
-- No manufacturer specified i9502+ Samsung Clone

I have an One Plus One Indian invite to share. Anyone require the same, please PM me with your email id. Expires in less than 48 hours. First PM will get the invite on mail.

Note :
BHP'ian Naveenroy had gifted me an invite couple of weeks back through this forum, so giving it back to the same forum when i got a free invite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 3613407)
I have an One Plus One Indian invite to share. Anyone require the same, please PM me with your email id. Expires in less than 48 hours. First PM will get the invite on mail.

Note :
BHP'ian Naveenroy had gifted me an invite couple of weeks back through this forum, so giving it back to the same forum when i got a free invite.

Already sent a PM :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 3613407)

Note :

BHP'ian "mroptimist" claimed it first and am sharing the same with him.

@extreme_torque, @saurabhkum, prakhar1998 - You were late by few mins. Will share the invites in the coming weeks as i am due to get 2-3 more invites as part of my OPO purchase.

I have two invites:
one is US specific and another is India specific.

PM me if anyone wants it and mention which one you want.

Another issue with Nexus 7 and lollipop is that exchange server seems to be broken with the new Gmail.

I am thinking of going back to Kit kat because if i cannot access my work mail, it doesnt make sense to use the phone for work.

looking for OnePlus invite. ( mobile is stolen few hours back)

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrishig (Post 3613976)
looking for OnePlus invite. ( mobile is stolen few hours back)

Can somebody help?

Thanks

I am searching for an invite for the whole of last month ... no luck. Not many people are sharing the invites , most of them are selling on ebay , olx , quikr etc. Will definitely share if i get more than one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookey (Post 3614001)
I am searching for an invite for the whole of last month ... no luck. Not many people are sharing the invites , most of them are selling on ebay , olx , quikr etc. Will definitely share if i get more than one.

Purchased 2 phones so far but still have not got a shareable invite. Will share if I get one.

Guys, I have an invite to share. Please PM me if you want one. I just need to be sure that the person will claim and buy the device. Also the invite received after buying it should be shared with another fellow member on this forum.