Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1342.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 3604648)
I am shocked. Reinforces the view that strong copyleft licence terms are essential to protect free as in मुक्त् software.

License is not the issue here, OnePlus can use Cyanogen code, just that they can't use the trade mark.

All they have to do is remove the name from marketing material and call it something else.

Just like RedHat Linux v.s. Fedora Linux.

Friends,
I'm learning android application development just because of a fascination. Took the help of Google to get the basic tutorials and things. Succeeded in creating the customary 'Hello world' Program too :). I would like to know about any good online source to hone my skills. T-bhpians who are into android development, pls chip in your thoughts on the optimal way to get hold of this skill.

Mods,
This is the thread that I found to be somewhat appropriate to post my query. Please feel free to delete the post if my post is found irrelevant to this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablu (Post 3604748)
I'm learning android application development just because of a fascination....Succeeded in creating the customary 'Hello world' Program too :)

You crossed the biggest hurdle, do you have any specific program/App that you want to develop?

Starting on development right-away is one of the best ways to learn.

Quote:

Friends,
I'm learning android application development just because of a fascination. Took the help of Google to get the basic tutorials and things. Succeeded in creating the customary 'Hello world' Program too :). I would like to know about any good online source to hone my skills. T-bhpians who are into android development, pls chip in your thoughts on the optimal way to get hold of this skill.

Mods,
This is the thread that I found to be somewhat appropriate to post my query. Please feel free to delete the post if my post is found irrelevant to this thread.

Lookout for new boston android video tutorials on youtube. There are some 200 videos in the series covering all nuts & bolts of android app development.

After this you just need to implement your own idea through android sdk :)

I want to upgrade my Xperia ZR 4.6 inch screen to bigger screen.
I have not used any Note series or even any Samsung. I am thinking of Note 3 Neo for bigger screen and S pen functionality. It doesn't matter much for lesser resolution or slower processor (1.9 ghz quadcore (ZR has 1.5 ghz quadcore)) and 2 gb ram than Note3. Otherwise is functionality/features reduced in Neo compared to Note 3? Price difference between Neo and 3 is about Rs 13000/- which is considerable. Apart from screen 5.5 and S pen functionality it is not major upgrade from my current ZR which is still running well for last one and half years. If I don't like samsung I can go back to ZR, in which case Neo shall be VFM and given to wife, otherwise vice versa.
Or should I go for Z2? Waterproofness is good to have. Current ZR is very good in waterproof department. Experienced it firsthand.
I am confused. Suggestions please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroFuel (Post 3604850)
I have not used any Note series or even any Samsung. I am thinking of Note 3 Neo for bigger screen and S pen functionality. It doesn't matter much for lesser resolution or slower processor (1.9 ghz quadcore (ZR has 1.5 ghz quadcore)) and 2 gb ram than Note3. Otherwise is functionality/features reduced in Neo compared to Note 3? Price difference between Neo and 3 is about Rs 13000/- which is considerable. Apart from screen 5.5 and S pen functionality it is not major upgrade from my current ZR which is still running well for last one and half years. If I don't like samsung I can go back to ZR, in which case Neo shall be VFM and given to wife, otherwise vice versa.
Or should I go for Z2? Waterproofness is good to have. Current ZR is very good in waterproof department. Experienced it firsthand.

Note 3 Neo is really laggy and is nothing like the real Note. Its more like those crappy mid-range device that Samsung dishes out every now and then.

I'd suggest you go for the Z2 as you like the ZR. It has quite a big screen and a great camera.
If you really want a big screen device then the HTC Desire 820 would be better.

Guys oneplus does not require invitation and you can buy it directly as a promotional offer. Rush those who are looking to buy one.

Cost is around 299 for 16GB and 399 for 32GB

Got an OTA update to Android 5.0.1 on my nexus 5. Total update size was 13.5 GB. My Wi-Fi issue seems to have finally got solved.

Got OTA upgrade to lollipop 5.0.1 on my nexus 4. Build LRX22C. No apparent change in look and feel, only big fixes. I had none of the reported problems with lollipop any way. Phone is faster and battery lasts longer than KitKat.

Have been looking for offline maps for my Asus Zenfone 5. Tried downloading the Here maps but couldn't as it says the unit isn't compatible. Is there any specific requirement in the handset which allows Here maps download? I tried Mapmyindia and Sygic, both looked promising but delivered nothing. The maps aren't as interactive as expected.

Should I look for then some specific GPS devices like Tomtom etc??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3605052)
Should I look for then some specific GPS devices like Tomtom etc??

Here doesnt load on MI3 either for me.

Have downloaded MAPS.ME from playstore. Need to explore it though

There's another one for Map of India based on Open Street Maps. Have used it only once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HydroFuel (Post 3604850)

My wife is using a Note 3 neo for the past 6 months. It's not at all laggy!!! It performs much better than my previous Note 2. Battery life is also good. She normally gets around 4-5 hours of screen time on 3G outside and Wifi at home. A real VFM device IMHO.

is there any app to project full screen or movie from mobile to Chromecast connected to TV ..
I use HTC one M8, default chrome cast app runs well for you tube .
but the intention is to project pictures , videos or full mobile screen on to TV , tried apps like Castaway , EZCast and Localcast with no results .
but heard nexus 5 with latest update does it like a charm .

- Moto X 2nd gen is not available on Flipkart since last few days!

- As we know, MotoX is available only in 16 GB variant without any option of memory expansion and that is biggest drawback for this phone. When it was launched in India, the memory option of only 16GB was reflecting on Motorola India website as well. Here is a capture of the website from Sept : http://web.archive.org/web/201409100...rola-moto-x-in

- Today when I checked Motorola India website, it was showing 16GB & 32Gb as storage options. http://www.motorola.in/Moto-X/Moto-x-gen2-india.html

Does it mean that whenever next stock will be available for sale, it will also include the 32GB version? Contacting Flipkart of Motorola doesn't clarify anything. They give usual reply - "32GB version is not available n India and they will inform whenever it will be available".

Quote:

Friends,

Mods,

You should have some application in mind that you want to develop. When you break it down, you would have some logic that you will have to implement. You can search in google for how to implement it. This is the easiest way.