Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1336.html)

Been using Android 5.0 for sometime now in my Nexus 5. I am impressed after two weeks of trial period. The battery life seems to have improved. No longer does having the 3G data 'ON' consume battery like crazy. I am now able to get a full day's use from a charge. Pretty happy with it.

In other news, my Nexus 7 tab got the 5.0.1 update this morning. It went from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 without getting the 5.0 release. Looking at the increase in battery life in my mobile, it should be even better for the tablet.

Hope they bring back the Silent mode option through the volume buttons. Missing it very badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3599082)
Hows the camera on, say, the Zenphone 5? It's pretty bad on the Fonepad 2014, and it would be pointless getting two bad cameras.

Zenphone's camera is not at all good. The photos come out rather dull. And this is coming from a house that has both Zenphone and Moto G. Both are fairly comparable phones but Moto beats the camera of Asus every single time. Asus on the other hand can handle a lot of multitasking - something that might be a problem on the Moto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 3599014)
I need to buy a basic, inexpensive Android phone (after having used an old fashioned Nokia for donkey's years :)) and have shortlisted these 3:

1. Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498
2. Micromax Canvas A1 with Android One
3. Moto E

Vikram

I would avoid Moto E because it lacks a front camera and has a fixed focus rear camera. Also, specs wise Android One offers you more value for money.

But Moto E has better slightly display and battery backup. Go for Moto E over Android One only if these 2 factors matter the most to you.

Quote:

As you all know by now (sorry to mention it yet again <Blush>) Mrs G and I have both got Asus Fonepads.

Main question is: Hows the camera on, say, the Zenphone 5? It's pretty bad on the Fonepad 2014, and it would be pointless getting two bad cameras.

Zenphone 5 has one of the best cameras in its segment. Go for it. It is currently in stock on flipkart and also has a discount of 1k (flipkart app sale).

Rohan

Anyone else experiencing unusually high RAM usage on nexus 5 after the 5.0 update ? My phone's RAM usage shoots up to 1.5 gb with only ~200 mb being free and the only solution is to restart phone everyday as phone becomes unusable with apps crashing/restarting frequently. Worst part is the system uses about 1.2-1.3 gb of RAM with apps using only ~200 mb so i'm guessing this is some bug

Hey BHPians,

I am planning to buy an Android phone and have zeroed on OPO (based on reviews) and request any bhpian to share the invite if they have any ? Since there are lot of Chinese make products in the market, I am perplexed in finding the right hone for me. My requirements are decent memory (RAM & ROM), good camera, lasting battery in the price bracket of 15-20K. I have shortlisted the below ones:

1. Asus Zenfone 5/6
2. One Plus One
3. Micromax Knight A350
4. Huawei Honor 6

Kindly help me in making the right choice, guys please:.

AutoAficionado

Anyone with OneplusOne invite please ? Looking for one. Let me know and I will send my email id!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 3599468)
Anyone with OneplusOne invite please ? Looking for one. Let me know and I will send my email id!

Thanks!

I have one, not sure if it expired. Give me your mail id and you can check once I send the invite to you.

Mod note: Fixed Quotes, please use Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 3599468)

Hi dmplog,

I am on the lookout for OPO invite. Please PM me your mail ID

AutoAficionado

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 (Post 3599542)
I have one, not sure if it expired. Give me your mail id and you can check once I send the invite to you.

Sent you a PM with my email id. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 3598831)
Hehehe, the mods are surely going to take note of this OnePlus invites and people asking. Perhaps we should post it up on the Giveaway thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ow-bhpian.html

thats great Naveenroy. Is there anything which doesn't has a dedicated thread in Team bhp :D

Hey BHPians,

I am planning to buy an Android phone and have zeroed on OPO (based on reviews) and request any bhpian to share the invite if they have any ? Since there are lot of Chinese make products in the market, I am perplexed in finding the right hone for me. My requirements are decent memory (RAM & ROM), good camera, lasting battery in the price bracket of 15-20K. I have shortlisted the below ones:

1. Asus Zenfone 5/6
2. One Plus One
3. Micromax Knight A350
4. Huawei Honor 6
Kindly help me in making the right choice, guys please:.

AutoAficionado

Death Ring malware is coming pre-flashed in some of the cheaper china made mobiles.

https://blog.lookout.com/blog/2014/12/04/deathring/

As per Lookout security blog Karbonn and Gionee are among the affected models and some of the duplicate made in china clones.

Quote:

Mrs G and I have both got Asus Fonepads.As per previous posts, she also needs a new phone, and I wondered about the Asus Zenphone

Did you consider one of these hybrid thingies? The Asus Padfone? Granted, that'll make one of your Fonepads redundant :(

EDIT: Christ - Fonepad vs. Padfone. Honestly. Who comes up with these names?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3599137)
I own a Zenfone 5 and can say that the camera is very good (atleast by my standards). 2MP front camera and 8 MP for the rear one. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 3599216)
Zenphone 5 has one of the best cameras in its segment.

Guys - honestly, I am amazed with this. Maybe something to do with settings but the camera on the Zenphone is probably it's weakest link for me. Have you tried the pictures Vs. the Moto G ?

In fact the only reason I would not suggest the Zenphone is the camera. And oh.. the volume - which is abysmally low on youtube/online streaming.

The brother always picks up his Moto to take a pic rather than his Asus :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 3599568)
Sent you a PM with my email id. Thanks.

Were you able to claim it or not?