Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1450.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 3782390)
Any 5.0.x versions are bound to give problems. That is why they have the 5.1.x releases :)

I have an htc One (Sprint CDMA/gsm) on GSM which is running 5.0.2. It is very stable and no hiccups so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3782877)
I have an htc One (Sprint CDMA/gsm) on GSM which is running 5.0.2. It is very stable and no hiccups so far.

Sir, but that's more of HTC's own sense interface, rather than pure stock Android. And I think OEM's must be fixing a lot of bugs (and maybe adding their own too) while layering their own UI on top of Android, as they usually make changes right down to the core of the software.
And I feel they better do provide the stability, as they sell phones for business, unlike Google itself. The OEM's also release updates well after Google does, and also so that they won't have the hassle of again releasing multiple stability updates, thus to keep the premium users happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukul32 (Post 3782263)
That kind of problems are quite common, apparently. Ordinary bugs after lollipop updates. To get rid of some of them at least, and to make the phone considerably snappier, best option would be to back up your data and factory reset. That does the trick most of the times. Plus the phone should almost perform as well as new.

I have done factory reset twice. Phone does work nicely for a few days post it but then gets back to sluggish behavior after that. I have also got rid of most of the apps. However the volume issue stays.:Frustrati I guess its due to some bug.

I ordered Moto-G 3 for my cousin yesterday from Flipkart. I got a 5% off on using ICICI debit card. The phone should arrive tomorrow noon. Will post my first impressions on the same.

Model: Moto G 3rd Generation 16 GB
MRP: 12,999/-
Discount: 5%
Final price: 12,349/-

Looking to get the Moto G3 and trade in my Moto E.
Any idea how the new Moto G is? I'm already used to Lollipop and its bugs. I wanna know how stable and good is the Moto G3. Inputs from current users will be great :)

My moto g 1st generation is on 5.0.1. I face none of the problems which most of the moto owners have mentioned. I did face sluggishness on the first day of update. I uninstalled all the social networking and e-tailers apps and phone has been running smoothly just like before.

Any reviews of LG G4 Dual sim Indian variant?

I own the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and it is advertised as having the QuickCharge option. However, though I purchased and tried with the Sony CP-AD2 - it still takes the same amount of time to charge the phone as the OEM charger. Also, sometimes, when I use the Sony charger, it just shows "Charging" on the phone but does not charge the phone at all. When I switch to the OEM charger in this case, the same thing happens. I have to restart the phone for it to start charging correctly. Any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 3784147)
I own the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and it is advertised as having the QuickCharge option. However, though I purchased and tried with the Sony CP-AD2 - it still takes the same amount of time to charge the phone as the OEM charger.

Well the supplied Fast Charger on my 4GB model of the Zenfone 2 is working perfectly and charges the phone in a jiffy. A 10 minute charge boosts battery to almost 70%. Maybe the 2GB models don't come with this tech and hence they don't supply the fast charger with it? With my usage battery is still at 50% each night.

BTW, most happy with this 17k (after discounts) phone, it's camera and it's zippiness. Put's phones twice it's cost to shame. Also got the Asus Powerbank @1.7k. Fantastic alll aluminum construction. Also Asus is updating fast. Already got 2 OTA updates since my purchase. Now on 2.20.40.59 dated 07-08-2015

Anyone sold their old phones on this site - http://www.atterobay.com/? They seem to be offering a pretty good deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3784165)
Well the supplied Fast Charger on my 4GB model of the Zenfone 2 is working perfectly and charges the phone in a jiffy. A 10 minute charge boosts battery to almost 70%. Maybe the 2GB models don't come with this tech and hence they don't supply the fast charger with it? With my usage battery is still at 50% each night.

BTW, most happy with this 17k (after discounts) phone, it's camera and it's zippiness. Put's phones twice it's cost to shame. Also got the Asus Powerbank @1.7k. Fa

But even their official site mentions that this phone has fast charging, so am not sure why it isn't working. But yes, I am really, really happy with the phone too. But will be rooting soon. Battery life also has settled down now - not as bad as I expected.

I personally feel that the Moto G3 is grossly overpriced.

It runs on a Snapdragon 410. Even phones costing 6k such as Redmi 2 and Moto E (gen 2) run on SD 410.

Extremely underspeced for the money it costs I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 3784383)
I personally feel that the Moto G3 is grossly overpriced.

It runs on a Snapdragon 410. Even phones costing 6k such as Redmi 2 and Moto E (gen 2) run on SD 410.

Extremely underspeced for the money it costs I think.

Just continuing to float on the name that it has earned over the last couple of years. Nothing else. The Redmi2 is enough phone for anyone in the MotoG range of usage

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 3781983)
Team, I have a Lenovo A6000+.
Recently noticed that I am not able to update or download apps from Play store. The reason being error 194.
Now I have tried everything under the sun as suggested on various forums such as clear cache and data, re login to play store etc.
Any other solution please help.

If you have not yet found any solution try removing Google account and add it back or clear app data of play store services, framework, play store and then reboot. I have solved it using one of these methods last time similar error popped out.

Anybody with OnePlus One? My phone starts heating up in the afternoon and then battery drains like crazy. After a couple of reboots it returns to normal status. Anyone else facing this issue?

Today I faced a strange issue with my new Moto G third gen. Every evening after returning home I switch off 4G data and switch on the Wifi. Today as usual it connected smoothly to my saved Wifi and worked for a while, then suddenly got disconnected. Repeated re-connect attempts were of no use. I made it forget my saved wifi and tried several times to connect again by typing password, but it showed error message as "authentication problem". My son's Moto G 2nd gen and wife's Moto E First gen connected without issues. When I switched to 4G data in my phone, that was working properly.

I then disabled both data and wifi and left the phone alone for some time. Later I connected wifi again and it connected smoothly. What could be the issue?

And one more doubt. Should we switch off data every time before connecting wifi? What will happen if we leave both on? Which will be the default connection?