Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1455.html)

Could someone please recommend a 5000-6000 mah power bank?
Don't want it to cost me a bomb, I would expect it to last me a year at least. Online reviews aren't giving me very reliable information. No substitute for first hand experience..!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex_varghese (Post 3799050)
Any experience with Nexus 6? I see lot of great reviews on it. At the same time, some disturbing negative feedback like heating, bad voice quality, etc. It would be nice to hear if anybody has one and can share first hand experience.

Regards
Rex

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 3799229)
I am also contemplating moving to the nexus 6 from the oneplus.

Should i wait for the nexus 5 2015? I am hoping that the nexus 6 price will drop after the nexus 2015 announcement.

I exchanged my nexus 4 for the nexus 6 a month back. I got it from FK at an excellent price of 23K (Listed 35K- Freedom Sale Discount 5K- 5K buyback for my nexus 4- 10% discount on SBI cards).

Even now I see it listed at 30K- Old phone discount.

At this price I think it is an outstanding phone. The qHD display is available only in the 35K plus phones. Battery lasts one day easily. And most importantly it comes with a turbo charger in the box. Which means it will charge from 0-~30% in 15-20 min. I also thought it may be a little too big. It is big, but found it easy to handle.

Price may fall when the Nexus 5 2015 launches. But they may take it off the market also.

The 1+ charger, if it is in stock on amazon.in

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe (Post 3799246)
Don't want it to cost me a bomb, I would expect it to last me a year at least. Online reviews aren't giving me very reliable information. No substitute for first hand experience..!

What music player would you recommend for a simple interface and custom EQs ?

Quote:

Mi power bank if its there. only one issue - 1 port only in 5/10k Mah units.

16000 one if you want multiple ports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3799254)
I also thought it may be a little too big. It is big, but found it easy to handle.

Price may fall when the Nexus 5 2015 launches. But they may take it off the market also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b16h22 (Post 3799225)
N6 is a great phone. It doesn't heat up at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3799179)
Skip nexus 6 and wait for the nexus 5 2015. You wont regret that skip. For the size you have other options as the price is not really a lucrative nexus anymore.

Nexus 4 and 5 were the best and now i am waiting for the nexus 5 2015.

Thanks folks for the replies. Good to hear decent feedback on Nexus 6. The recent launch of Moto X Pure has made me thinking again. Though slightly small in size, Moto X Pure appears to be a much better phone than Nexus 6. Nexus 6 fans a may disagree, but that's what most of the reviews are indicating.

Regards
Rex

Quote:

ould someone please recommend a 5000-6000 mah power bank?
Go for something that can also act as media streamer. I use kingston mobilite 2. Perfect for converting wired to wireless, streaming files and also as a battery back up.

Mi 5000mah power bank is up for sale on 15th Sep tuesday 2.00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3799925)

BlackPlayer. Minimalistic design. Comes with tag editor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackplayerfree

Quote:

Try Adata PT100 10000 mAh Power Bank. Works well. Has 2 ports and is available for ~1000 bucks in Paytm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellmet (Post 3799925)

Poweramp is THE best. Try trial version for a month. If you like it..then use it pay one time fee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by @Chaand (Post 3776362)
Go for Lenovo A6000 Plus, if on a budget.

I bought it and i had issues with the GPS and so i could not use Google Maps. I tried all possible options but the GPS refused to work. It shows me at a place far off from the place i currently am at. Hence, put it aside.

Folks - Any views on whether the recently launched Moto X Play is a good buy? Seems to be a few grand more for a better processor, camera and battery than the Moto G.

There are 4 Moto G first gen in my family. We all got an update for 5.1 today morning and I have updated all to 5.1

As of now, there is some smoothness in operation of the phones. Lag has decreased. There are a few new things that were mentioned. I don't remember them as of now.

Got Mi4 replacing Mi3. Impressed with performance improvement and slightly smaller form size.