Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1980.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 4773460)
You can take a look at Pixel 3a, it still has the old screen layout. It might feel slightly dated if you're looking for latest specs. I got one 4 months and am happy so far.

Thats actually a step down to what I currently have. Looking at something more current.

If push comes to shove, will probably get a Note 9 if nothing comes along.

There has to be one decent current phone without the obnoxious cut outs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4773458)
For the people in the know, any upper/mid range phone that comes with a full screen without any of the notches/camera cutouts or any other cuts. Cant stand them.

Why don't you take a look at the Realme X? It comes with a pop-up selfie camera. It has a decent processor, an AMOLED screen and is reasonably priced as well.
https://www.flipkart.com/realme-x-sp...FLIPKART&sattr[]=color&sattr[]=ram&st=ram

Another option is the excellent Oppo Reno 10x Zoom.
https://www.amazon.in/Ocean-Storage-...SPB85JWD0YEP4Q

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee (Post 4773471)
Why don't you take a look at the Realme X? It comes with a pop-up selfie camera. It has a decent processor, an AMOLED screen and is reasonably priced as well.
https://www.flipkart.com/realme-x-sp...FLIPKART&sattr[]=color&sattr[]=ram&st=ram

This is exactly what I was looking at for last 2 days. Also comes in a limited edition model.
I like how it looks. My only skepticism with this is if I am going to notice any lag/stutter in day to day usage with this being a SD710 and my S9+ has the Exynos 9810.

Also, the Color OS is an acquired taste and a little childish to use I ve been told.

The Reno 10X Zoom is another one I ve shortlisted. Even sports the SD 855. They all full HD though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4773462)
Thats actually a step down to what I currently have. Looking at something more current.

If push comes to shove, will probably get a Note 9 if nothing comes along.

There has to be one decent current phone without the obnoxious cut outs.

Try spending sometime with Samsung punch hole ones. It feels odd at first look but then it disappears quickly from your sight. And in case you are considering Note 9, there is an option in punch hole phones to limit the screen size to an extent which excludes the camera cut out. Still better option than Note 9, which is old generation now and you get same size display.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ast.ggn (Post 4773475)
Try spending sometime with Samsung punch hole ones. It feels odd at first look but then it disappears quickly from your sight. And in case you are considering Note 9, there is an option in punch hole phones to limit the screen size to an extent which excludes the camera cut out. Still better option than Note 9, which is old generation now and you get same size display.

My wife picked up a Note 10 plus. I played around with it for a few days. I ended up focusing more at that little camera cut out despite the gorgeous 6.8 inch screen.

Ironical since I actually bought and used the Essential PH-1 (arguably the first phone with a cutout) , for quite some time when it was launched way back in 2017.

OnePlus phones (and I'm guessing all cousin brands) with notched displays have the feature to leave out the notch area from active display.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20200320213730.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4773481)
OnePlus phones (and I'm guessing all cousin brands) with notched displays have the feature to leave out the notch area from active display.

Attachment 1981892

So it will have a black bar running across the top of the screen once the notch is disabled?

How thick is the bar and does it feel unusual?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4773483)
So it will have a black bar running across the top of the screen once the notch is disabled?

Notch visible:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20200320wa0038.jpg

Notch hidden:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20200320wa0037.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4773483)

Yes, exactly as posted above can be done for most phones. You can check in Note 10+ too. Just go to Settings-Display-Full Screen Apps-(right top corner)-Advanced Settings-Hide camera cut out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4773486)
Notch visible:
Attachment 1981895

Notch hidden:
Attachment 1981894

Thank you for posting this.
You do have the dark mode on it seems. Is it suttle even when the dark mode is off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 4773503)
Thank you for posting this.
You do have the dark mode on it seems. Is it suttle even when the dark mode is off?

This is how it looks for an app without a dark mode.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20200320wa0051.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20200320wa0052.jpg

Need to buy an android enterprise supported phone for office emails.

No reimbursement for device, so budget is less than 20k.

1) obviously no I phones in this budget
2) do motorola android one phones get security updates every month
3) nokia 8.1 / 7.2 / 6.2 appear to be ideal
4) samsung phones are also allowed even though they are not in android enterprise program
5) s9 is within budget, but will it get monthly security updates atleast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvprasad (Post 4773513)
Need to buy an android enterprise supported phone for office emails....

3) nokia 8.1 / 7.2 / 6.2 appear to be ideal...

If security patches being current to a certain degree is a must-have, Nokia/HMD devices are your best bet in that budget range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvprasad (Post 4773513)
Need to buy an android enterprise supported phone for office emails.

No reimbursement for device, so budget is less than 20k.

1) obviously no I phones in this budget
2) do motorola android one phones get security updates every month
3) nokia 8.1 / 7.2 / 6.2 appear to be ideal
4) samsung phones are also allowed even though they are not in android enterprise program
5) s9 is within budget, but will it get monthly security updates atleast

Samsung A series and other higher end devices are part of enterprise program. I use it and many of my colleagues use it for BYOD.
There's a distinction between Android One and Android Enterprise Program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinath34 (Post 4773404)
Anyone here using the Realme X2 Pro
Cheers

Yes, I have this phone, special edition. Close to one month since I purchased.

I compare it to my Sunny - few would look at it, but those who have it would not regret it!

Pls refer post # 29669. Thanks