Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-1984.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvharder (Post 4789587)
Even I received it today around 0615 and it was from Vietnam, and later when I checked for any security threats for my Gmail there were no report of this incident. Looks like a security breach has happened somewhere.

Exactly. There were no breach reports in my account either. I could only see the log ins that I did in the past.

How do we check the battery health percentage on android phones?
I am using Samsung A50 since last 1 year which uses One UI. Can't find this anywhere in battery stats. Please guide.

The battery on my 'Asus Zen M1' is depleting rapidly in last few days. Earlier, easily it used to last until the night. I have NOT installed any apps OR there is no appreciable increase in usage. The phone was bought in Oct 18.

I feel, it should NOT deteriorate at this rate. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please suggest!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4790120)
How do we check the battery health percentage on android phones?
I am using Samsung A50 since last 1 year which uses One UI. Can't find this anywhere in battery stats. Please guide.

AccuBattery. Install this app and get data. You will get battery health data after a few charge recharge cycles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4790246)
The battery on my 'Asus Zen M1' is depleting rapidly in last few days.

One plus 8 launched at 41999 and 8 pro at 54999 in India. Will be available online at amazon and one plus site. Offline at one plus stores and croma. Fantastic pricing considering the US pricing. clap:

Superb pricing. Going for the Ultramarine Blue 12/256 combo immediately! Glad OP is showing the way in disassociating India from the US$ scenario.

The 8 Pro at 54999 is an excellent deal. It offers all the flagship features and even some top of the class ones at almost half the price of the competition from Apple and Samsung. The 8 is going to be a harder sell this year as there is stiff competition from Samsung, Realme, iQoo and soon Xiaomi with the Mi 10 Pro. Even a 7T at a reduced price represents a better value proposition according to me.

8Pro pricing in India is brilliant, considering I got the 7T pro at a similar price and the 8Pro has some additional features like wireless charging, better screen, refresh rate and a better chipset. I prefer the pop up camera of the 7T pro though.

Is the pricing for 256GB?

No plans to upgrade till 2022 though, I just like to keep tabs on the progress made

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4790643)
One plus 8 launched at 41999 and 8 pro at 54999 in India. Will be available online at amazon and one plus site. Offline at one plus stores and croma. Fantastic pricing considering the US pricing. clap:

Sweet pricing! Man, I wish I had waited just a few months. Considering the price here, the pricing in India is just too good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4790643)

Does OP assemble their devices in India? Usually, the import tariff was higher out there and so the Indian prices were always high compared to here in US.

I suspect, these high differentials might have to do with Trump slapping higher tariffs on Chinese imports. Any which ways, now the time has come for us to carry stuff from India into US. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4791853)
Does OP assemble their devices in India? Usually, the import tariff was higher out there and so the Indian prices were always high compared to here in US.

I suspect, these high differentials might have to do with Trump slapping higher tariffs on Chinese imports. Any which ways, now the time has come for us to carry stuff from India into US. :)

Yes they manufacture in India at the Oppo plant

The smaller OnePlus 8 is not making any sense with the compromises in camera, no IP68 rating, smaller battery and no wireless charging. For 42K these are big misses. Especially when you see the iPhone SE with A13 chip, IP68 and wireless charging is priced similar.

The Apple will hold higher resale and will have SW updates for 4-5 years.

The 2MP macro camera today is a joke in the 8.

The 8 pro has everything the 75K+ priced phones have at a lower price point and makes it more value than the regular OnePlus 8.

The Pixel4a coming in couple of months will be close to the OnePlus 8 and will easily offer better camera performance and Google OS updates which is where Android currently lags seriously behind Apple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4791907)

The Pixel4a coming in couple of months will be close to the OnePlus 8 and will easily offer better camera performance and Google OS updates which is where Android currently lags seriously behind Apple.

Just hope that they don't mess up the pricing of Pixel 4a like they did in the case of 3a. Pixel 3a was prices ~400 USD in US but they somehow multiplied that with 100 and priced it ~40k INR in India. If they're able to price Pixel 4a competitively, nothing like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphodb (Post 4791990)
Just hope that they don't mess up the pricing of Pixel 4a like they did in the case of 3a. Pixel 3a was prices ~400 USD in US but they somehow multiplied that with 100 and priced it ~40k INR in India. If they're able to price Pixel 4a competitively, nothing like it.

The 3a XL is quite good buy at around 35k now. I am torn between 3a XL and OP 7T now. Both would cost the same. Leaning towards the pixel.